Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,660 master of ceremonies
    >Doom Eternal released on Switch this week 
    >Doom Eternal is nominated for GOTY 
    >New Smash character revealed at VGAs today
    >Today is the 27th Anniversary of DOOM

DOOM ETERNAL CONFIRMED GOTY WINNER AND DOOMGUY CONFIRMED FOR SMASH!?!?
    Naw no one cares about doomguy or eternal. 2016>
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,585 spicy boy
    edited December 2020
    Im not saying its a perfect play through. The game definitely has a lot of room for improvement. But those things will come and they are planning a bunch of free content as well. 

Whats in the game is solid. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,697 spicy boy
    >Doom Eternal released on Switch this week 
    >Doom Eternal is nominated for GOTY 
    >New Smash character revealed at VGAs today
    >Today is the 27th Anniversary of DOOM

DOOM ETERNAL CONFIRMED GOTY WINNER AND DOOMGUY CONFIRMED FOR SMASH!?!?
    Naw no one cares about doomguy or eternal. 2016>
    2016 was not anywhere near as good as Eternal, and I loved 2016 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    SEPHIROTH ADDED TO SMASH ULTIMATE LET’S FUCKING GO.
    Scarlet Nexus looks good 
    Damn I know @MetalCoresades is irate at that GOTY winner lmaoooo.
    I expected it. Disappointed Doom didnt win, but it is what it is. My fav game for a year has never won goty 

I got my own awards for my channel anyways, so whatever. 
    Oh I was talking more about the fact that TLOU2 won, and less that Doom lost lmao. 
    Great list tho. I played all of em except for Hades and all were worthy of making the list. Doom definitely belonged on there, best shooter of the year by far. Personally, FF7 Remake is still prolly my game of the year. Either that or Sackboy, (Yes I really enjoyed it that much lmao.) so out of what was available on the list, I woulda given it to FF7R. I’ll have to make an actual list after I finish playing the rest of my 2020 games.
    Oh I was talking more about the fact that TLOU2 won, and less that Doom lost lmao. 
    I dont really care that much tbh. LoU is a joke of a game to me, but these awards are jokes too lol 

Great list tho. I played all of em except for Hades and all were worthy of making the list. Doom definitely belonged on there, best shooter of the year by far. Personally, FF7 Remake is still prolly my game of the year. Either that or Sackboy, (Yes I really enjoyed it that much lmao.) so out of what was available on the list, I woulda given it to FF7R. I’ll have to make an actual list after I finish playing the rest of my 2020 games.
    Sackboy is in my top 3. I'll have my top 10 video out sometime next week. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    That’s why Cyber got delayed cause they knew that shit wasn’t gonna run right on first gen Xbox one and PS4 

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,585 spicy boy
    edited December 2020
    Idk how you could buy it for that system and expect it to run well. 

You dont buy new games with an 8 year old video card and expect them to run at their best. 
    No other crossplayform game released this year has those issues. This is worse than Fallout 76
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

You dont buy new games with an 8 year old video card and expect them to run at their best. 
    Tell that to Red Dead Redemption, Ghosts of Tsushima, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, etc. Piss poor excuse really
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Rex. Dude. Come on. When you buy a game FOR PS4/XBONE YOU EXPECT IT TO WORK ON THAT CONSOLE

If it doesnt work, its a failure. 
    I gotta agree. I’m only a couple hours in and having a good time and admittedly haven’t come across nearly as many issues as some people have online but I am playing it on my PS5. 

Realistically you shouldn’t have to play a PS4/XBone games on a PS5/XSX to have to make it work correctly... which there are still issues even then.

Yes they will put out patches to help fix issues. But I can’t think of any other games that were made for PS4/XBone that didn’t work or had as much issues as Cyberpunk has had on the base launch consoles.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I expected it. Disappointed Doom didnt win, but it is what it is. My fav game for a year has never won goty 

I got my own awards for my channel anyways, so whatever. 
    Very rarely do the game awards seem to be accurate about anything anyways

They're the only consoles they were released on you dense fuck
    If Id can get Doom Eternal running at a steady 30FPS on the Switch, CDProjekt Red should have gotten Cyberpunk to work on its INTENDED release consoles at AT LEAST a steady 30FPS with minimal bugs. Especially after the delays. 
    NOCAP said:
    That’s why Cyber got delayed cause they knew that shit wasn’t gonna run right on first gen Xbox one and PS4 
    They should have nixed the last gen release altogether and delayed it further. I think this is the beginning of CDPR just being a polish Ubisoft