Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Finished Bugsnax, got prolly an hour or 2 left for the last lil bonus shit to get the platinum.

I like it, and obviously I flew thru it so it hooked me enough, but it really started wearing thin towards the end. The side quests get really repetitive and annoying. And obviously they’re only side quests, but this is one of those games where the side quests take up the meat of the game. Rush thru without doing them and this game is only like 4 hours long lmao. There was also a few annoying ass characters like Wiggle. Bitch’s dialogue was so unbearable that I literally skipped thru any time she talked. 

The game is also not very polished. It’s not an exaggeration to say that this is essentially a better looking PS2 game. The physics can be pretty bad at times, and I had multiple Bugsnax glitch out on me and become uncatchable, and I had to leave the area and sleep to pass the time and reset them. On top of that, it’s missing very basic quality of life features. You can pin a quest in your journal, but it’s pointless because it still doesn’t show any kind of marker on where to go. There’s also no fast travel, which made the previously mentioned annoying side quests even more tedious, cause it became nothing but running back and forth across the map over and over again. The map is pretty small, but wit the way the game is structured, it makes absolutely zero sense why fast travel wasn’t included.

As a side note, Sony’s pandering is becoming more and more apparent and flamboyant. It doesn’t actually piss me off like the neck beards, but there’s both a lesbian and gay couple in the game. And towards the end the gay couple confesses their love to eachother because they were both basically in the closet. And I mean it’s whatever, but I really truly don’t see what place that has or what purpose it serves in what is basically a kid’s game, other than extreme pandering and making sure to give everybody a participation trophy. 

7/10

And honestly, if I had paid a full $60-$70 for this, my score would prolly be lower. But being that it was free for PS+, I had nothing to lose. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Huuunnnaaabeeeeee

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers

As a side note, Sony’s pandering is becoming more and more apparent and flamboyant. It doesn’t actually piss me off like the neck beards, but there’s both a lesbian and gay couple in the game. And towards the end the gay couple confesses their love to eachother because they were both basically in the closet. And I mean it’s whatever, but I really truly don’t see what place that has or what purpose it serves in what is basically a kid’s game, other than extreme pandering and making sure to give everybody a participation trophy. 

Sony is trying to trick kids into thinking being gay is cool
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Everyone is saying cyberpunk is almost unplayable
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,697 spicy boy
    👀👀
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,656 spicy boy
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Good thing I been planning on waiting for the PS5 version anyways. Hopefully it’s heavily patched by then. Mfs took a massive L lmao.
    Wow I jus watched some gameplay clips. Holy fuck it’s a completely broken piece of shit. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

There’s even already a copypasta going around about it. They’re posting this wit random screenshots of PS2 games. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Platinum’d Bugsnax. Starting Cuphead now.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Holy shit, just reading a few post on Reddit about Cyberpunk and fuck how could they release the game like that?

I went to bed around 10:30 and set my alarm for midnight because I was going to get up and play. Then when midnight came I said fuck it and stayed in bed and after reading all this shit this morning, I’m glad I did.

Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,585 spicy boy
    Id have to disagree. 

Iv had a phone floating around and a guy walk through a car, but i played it for 5 hours last night and nothing that was too bad for a game like this. Some bugs are kind of expected to me. 
    edited December 2020
    The amount of choice as far as what to spend your ability points on is kind of overwhelming 
    From what I’ve seen, PC runs pretty smooth and the issues have all been wit the PS4 and XB1 versions. 

Seems like they should have jus went completely next gen instead of cross gen.
    The graphics are what they are. I didnt expect them to blow me away until the update for XSX comes out. 

But yeah, pc graphics are lit. It will be fine when the new version comes out
    From what I’ve seen, PC runs pretty smooth and the issues have all been wit the PS4 and XB1 versions. 

Seems like they should have jus went completely next gen instead of cross gen.
    Probably couldn’t because the games development started in 2012
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    On that 3090 too

Yeah thats on an og ps4 though. 

Its not like that on XSX. The city is dense af 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I knew Rex would ride in to white knight the game =)))

Bruh people are complaining about the game being a Glitch fest on pc. Yes the graphics are unusable on ps4 and xbone, but the pop in and glitches are happening on pc and series x and ps5 too. It was not ready to go live 
    I didnt say that.

im not white knighting, im just saying my experience. 

People are bitching to bitch. The game on the series x plays closer to the E3 footage than it does the ps4 footage. 

Its fine. Yeah there are glitches, but it’s similar to fallout releases. Its not bugging me. 

I havent had anyone pop in like the cop in that video.