Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,585 spicy boy
    Man I hate how Xbox Game Pass doesn’t have a specific section in the store where all the XGP games are listed together. Ridiculous that I still have to pull up an external list on my phone.
    Wtf are you talking about lol. You dont have to go to the store. Theres a category  in your library where you can go to game pass and look at every gamepass game separate from the store. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Man I hate how Xbox Game Pass doesn’t have a specific section in the store where all the XGP games are listed together. Ridiculous that I still have to pull up an external list on my phone.
    Uh wut? There's a game pass node for the home screen and I'm pretty sure a tab in the store too. You can also go to My Games ~ Full Library and there's a subsection there next to your purchased games for Game Pass and EA Play
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,697 spicy boy
    Power Glove is in Cyberpunk soundtrack. I can stop complaining for now. Finally some actual synthwave! 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Getting pumped about playing Cyberpunk. I’ll admit I didn’t really know much about the game until about a week and half ago but it looks lit. 

I was thinking about holding off until the PS5 version to release sometime next year but... nah.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I am so excited lol

the witcher 3 was an incredible game. But that setting just doesn’t get me as interested as the setting for cyberpunk. 

Its right up my alley, and i trust CDPR to deliver. 

HYPE
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,660 master of ceremonies

Gonna be a big game. It already downloaded the day 1 patch but there is another 45GB patch when it goes live
    edited December 2020
    Apparently if you’re on Xbox and you change your consoles location to New Zealand you can play Cyberpunk right now. I don’t know if that does anything different about getting the day 1 patch though.
    I have my external hdd with all my PS4 games hooked up to my PS5. I was curious if it was worth it to put Cyberpunk on the ssd of the PS5 if it would make that much difference in load times compared to running it off the external hdd.
    It will make a difference in load times and will definitely help if you play it in performance mode 

Gonna be a big game. It already downloaded the day 1 patch but there is another 45GB patch when it goes live
    Nah, the version you have should have that patch. It was released this morning. 

Ive got version 1.0.06 or something like that downloaded. Its only 60 gigs doe
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,697 spicy boy
    I need a new external harddrive for my PS4. It's already full :| 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    It will make a difference in load times and will definitely help if you play it in performance mode 
    This. Ive found its a noticeable difference with red dead. 

Nah, the version you have should have that patch. It was released this morning. 

Ive got version 1.0.06 or something like that downloaded. Its only 60 gigs doe
    probably it then. The patch and game downloaded yesterday morning. I know dude from CDPR said another big patch is coming this week or when it goes live 
    Its possible, but ive been reading that was released this morning/last night 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Everywhere is reporting you can switch your xbox time zone and play. 

I tried to find any consequences and so far haven’t. I think ima do it
    Yeah im creating a character now \m/
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Finished Bugsnax, got prolly an hour or 2 left for the last lil bonus shit to get the platinum.

I like it, and obviously I flew thru it so it hooked me enough, but it really started wearing thin towards the end. The side quests get really repetitive and annoying. And obviously they’re only side quests, but this is one of those games where the side quests take up the meat of the game. Rush thru without doing them and this game is only like 4 hours long lmao. There was also a few annoying ass characters like Wiggle. Bitch’s dialogue was so unbearable that I literally skipped thru any time she talked. 

The game is also not very polished. It’s not an exaggeration to say that this is essentially a better looking PS2 game. The physics can be pretty bad at times, and I had multiple Bugsnax glitch out on me and become uncatchable, and I had to leave the area and sleep to pass the time and reset them. On top of that, it’s missing very basic quality of life features. You can pin a quest in your journal, but it’s pointless because it still doesn’t show any kind of marker on where to go. There’s also no fast travel, which made the previously mentioned annoying side quests even more tedious, cause it became nothing but running back and forth across the map over and over again. The map is pretty small, but wit the way the game is structured, it makes absolutely zero sense why fast travel wasn’t included.

As a side note, Sony’s pandering is becoming more and more apparent and flamboyant. It doesn’t actually piss me off like the neck beards, but there’s both a lesbian and gay couple in the game. And towards the end the gay couple confesses their love to eachother because they were both basically in the closet. And I mean it’s whatever, but I really truly don’t see what place that has or what purpose it serves in what is basically a kid’s game, other than extreme pandering and making sure to give everybody a participation trophy. 

7/10

And honestly, if I had paid a full $60-$70 for this, my score would prolly be lower. But being that it was free for PS+, I had nothing to lose. 🤷🏻‍♂️