Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Cyberpunks day one patch will be almost 44 gbs. Jesus christ 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Got the platinum on Sackboy. Now 3/3 for platinums on all 3 PS5 games I’ve played. Time for Bugsnax.

It’ll be a while before I sit and make a year end list for 2020 games, cause I’ll have to beat Watch Dogs: Legion, Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Star Wars Squadrons, and Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity, but I don’t see Sackboy falling out of the top 5 of the year, possibly even 3. Fuck what a joy that game was to play and I’m sad it’s over. That game is a straight up shot of serotonin straight to the brain and it kept a smile on my face the whole time and I stick by what I said earlier, it’s up there wit Super Mario Odyssey as one of the most charming games of all time. The String It Together trophy was completely fucking infuriating but being that it was an optional trophy and the only truly hard part of the game, I can’t knock any points off for that, I did it to myself lmao. I mentioned previously that because I wasn’t into the level creator, LBP always fell a lil short to me, because the campaigns were only 1-3 hours long and basically an afterthought. Sackboy is definitely exactly what I always wanted those games to be and they delivered on every front. Even the soundtrack was fucking flawless and they had no business going that hard lmao. I’ll have to go back and find the exact level, but I remember one level’s soundtrack was slapping so legitimately fucking hard that I had to put the controller down and jus listen to it on the headphones drunk as shit lmao. Makes you realize how truly important the music choice in a game is. It was also really dope to see that they collaborated wit major artists for it, like Deadmau5. Literally my only complaint, and the only thing keeping this game from a perfect score, is the aforementioned floaty controls. It was never too much of an issue to be a gamebreaker, but I can’t help but think how much easier the legitimately challenging post game bonus levels, and the String It Together trophy, would have been wit more precise controls. It definitely gets more noticeable once the game ramps up in difficulty. Amazing fucking game tho and you slept if you got a PS5 and didn’t grab this as one of your launch games. 9/10
    Only 2 hours into Bugsnax and already hooked lmao. It’s such a unique game that it’s hard not to get sucked in. It really is it’s own thing. Like Cheeze said, it’s closest comparison would be Pokemon, but it does enough different to stand out on it’s own and not be a clone.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Next gen madden definitely looks and feels a lot better than the PS4 version. Definitely check it out if you haven’t.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The xbox one version is hot garbage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,585 spicy boy
    edited December 2020
    Nah. 

The xbox one version, taken by itself, was fun to play. Just not worth $60 dollars because the gameplay hadn’t changed or improved, and the franchise mode hadn’t either, in the last couple years. Im not saying its some amazing game, but its fun. 

The XSX is improved. The physics feel so much better. A big guy feels like a big guy and they way receivers run routes is vastly improved. The overall game needs work still, but its a solid step. Hopefully they improve franchise mode in the next couple of years. 
    Pretty much everything ive ever read from that guy has been spot on. Thursday:!!!!!!!!!!
    Mfs have been saying “it’s a step in the right direction” about Madden every year for 20 years now lmaoooooo.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,697 spicy boy
    This is the only review i need. My body is ready

https://www.windowscentral.com/cyberpunk-2077-review
    The dick sucking in this article is hilarious 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Mfs have been saying “it’s a step in the right direction” about Madden every year for 20 years now lmaoooooo.
    I agree. The XSX is the first version thats had actual gameplay changes and play calling changes in years though. 

Not wprth $60 unless you are going to play it all the time, but when its on WA play id check it out. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Madden 2005 was the peak
    Espn NFL 2K5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    But yeah i havent bought a madden since 2015. Not worth it
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I haven't bought a Madden since 07
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NFL street was fire
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,697 spicy boy
    NFL Street > 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    NFL Blitz 64 > all 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Man I hate how Xbox Game Pass doesn’t have a specific section in the store where all the XGP games are listed together. Ridiculous that I still have to pull up an external list on my phone.