Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Cuphead was only $15 on PS Store for Black Friday so I grabbed it. Preparing myself for the rage lmao. It’ll be a while til I get to it tho because after Sackboy is Bugsnax, plus I still have to finish the Mario collection.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,697 spicy boy
    Cuphead is easier than Crash Bandicoot, and pretty short. You'll get through it quick. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Cuphead is easier than Crash Bandicoot, and pretty short. You'll get through it quick. 
    Yea that’s generally what I’ve seen. That Celeste and Super Meat Boy are harder than Crash 4, but Cuphead is easier than it. So the fact that I already suffered thru Crash 4 is what made me finally pull the trigger lmao. Always been extremely interested cause of the art style but was always hesitant cause of the notorious difficulty.
    edited December 2020
    Been a while since I pissed a mf off so bad online that he started givin me his specs. 🤣🤣

Was on Modern Warfare and kept trolling this dude and he finally told me he’s “6’3” and 175 lbs of solid muscle and steel 6 pack abs.”, then dropped the name of his city and an apparent address and told me to “Come find him in Maryland”. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,585 spicy boy
    I was told to enjoy my ban the other day lol. 

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    175 at 6’3” isn’t even that big. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Yea that’s generally what I’ve seen. That Celeste and Super Meat Boy are harder than Crash 4, but Cuphead is easier than it. So the fact that I already suffered thru Crash 4 is what made me finally pull the trigger lmao. Always been extremely interested cause of the art style but was always hesitant cause of the notorious difficulty.
    fuck Celeste is impossible 
    175 at 6’3” isn’t even that big. 
    That’s the best part. 🤣🤣
    Yea I refuse lmfao. Sucks tho cause Super Meat Boy did always intrigue me but yea I ain’t even gonna do it to myself.
    One week till cyber punk. FUCKING LITTTT
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yea I refuse lmfao. Sucks tho cause Super Meat Boy did always intrigue me but yea I ain’t even gonna do it to myself.
    Do you ever feel like you miss out on some decent games by only 100 percenting them
    Xeno said:
    Do you ever feel like you miss out on some decent games by only 100 percenting them
    I get it. I have some completionist tendencies. Not with trophys or achievements, but I like to do everything in a game. 

This is becoming harder to do as my time is limited, and I often one and done games now. But I get it
    Though thinking about it, I dont even finish most games anymore. Once I play like 10-15 hours Im usually ready for the next game unless the game is really good. 

Like I have close to 150 hours on Doom Eternal lol 
    Xeno said:
    No. Not at all, actually, because I don’t 100% every game. Like I already have kind of a set of rules on what I will and won’t platinum lmao. Like going into Crash 4, I knew I absolutely wasn’t getting the platinum. I won’t go for platinums in games that have heavy multiplayer trophies, for the fact that I don’t really play multiplayer. And if I were to take the plunge on a game like Dark Souls, I know I’m not going for platinum. Exact same thing on Cuphead. I want to simply beat it and that’s it.

But in the case of games like Celeste and Super Meat Boy, I’ve seen it’s almost impossible to simply even beat the standard game, let alone the extra shit, and THAT’S what keeps me away from them lmao.
    My issue is playing too many games and not finishing them lol. I get like 1/2 way through and then move to something else. Really trying to adopt some completionist tendencies lol. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I’ve only got so much time to play. I don’t mind a good grind but if it’s no longer fun I’m moving on to something else. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Xeno said:
    No. Not at all, actually, because I don’t 100% every game. Like I already have kind of a set of rules on what I will and won’t platinum lmao. Like going into Crash 4, I knew I absolutely wasn’t getting the platinum. I won’t go for platinums in games that have heavy multiplayer trophies, for the fact that I don’t really play multiplayer. And if I were to take the plunge on a game like Dark Souls, I know I’m not going for platinum. Exact same thing on Cuphead. I want to simply beat it and that’s it.

But in the case of games like Celeste and Super Meat Boy, I’ve seen it’s almost impossible to simply even beat the standard game, let alone the extra shit, and THAT’S what keeps me away from them lmao.
    I got pretty far into super meat boy and I'm not even that good at platformers. It's trial and error
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, i beat the main story of meat boy with some trial and error but it wasn't the hardest thing ever. 

But the dark world gets fucking nuts. Every level in the game has am extra hard version basically. I think i got halfway through those. The secret worlds are hard too. 
    String It Together trophy on Sackboy is one of the hardest trophies I ever got smh. Game is overall easy but good God fuck that fucking trophy. Absolute bullshit. 6 hours later I finally got it.