Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    But I agree bit graphics are timeless 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited July 2020
    Got the platinum in Vampyr. Its janky, boring, and easy but I love it like with Remember Me. The combat is serviceable . You get melee and guns you can upgrade. It's a small open world game but the map is annoying af and has random loading Reason I liked it was it's unique system. Each section of the map has its own townspeople that you can talk to/help/kill and everything you do effects the city. You don't see the effects until you upgrade your character and go to sleep for the day. So like if a person has a cold and you didn't give them medicine, they could infect others. Or if you kill a person someone in their social circle might become a vampire hunter or vampire and they'll be a miniboss. Game has a ton of problems but I'd play a sequel. 7/10

TL;DR - Shitty like Devil May Cry 2 but I liked it
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    I also love some objectively eh games. Prob will pick it up cheap or free at some point
    Platinum’d TLOU2 the other night so finally started SpongeBob and decently far already. I’m honestly loving this fucking game lmao. Happiest game I’ve played since Super Mario Odyssey and has kept a constant smile on my face. And as I said, I never played the original, so it’s a brand new game to me. It’s legitimately a very well made platformer, which is surprising for a licensed game, and I see why it was so beloved and got a remake. And it may be due to the lack of prior experience wit the game, but it honestly does not feel dated to me like a lot of reviews have said. For comparison, Link’s Awakening remake (Which I also did not play the original of.) very well felt like a 1993 game. This does not ultimately feel like a 2003 game to me and overall feels fresh and new. As I said, I like playing any new platformer that comes out since they’re in such short supply these days, so I’m glad this game delivered to this extent.
    Xeno said:
    I also love some objectively eh games. Prob will pick it up cheap or free at some point
    I feel this
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited July 2020
    As I said, I like playing any new platformer that comes out since they’re in such short supply these days, so I’m glad this game delivered to this extent.
    If you haven't played A Hat In Time or Super Lucky's Tale, those are platformers out on Switch now.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited July 2020
    As I said, I like playing any new platformer that comes out since they’re in such short supply these days, so I’m glad this game delivered to this extent.
    If you haven't played A Hat In Time or Super Lucky's Tale, those are platformers out on Switch now.
    I played Super Lucky’s Tale on Game Pass and loved it, (Although short.) but haven’t even heard of A Hat In Time lmao. I’ll definitely look into it.
    Look into Skylar And Plux too 
    Sad update on the Arctis Pro. Still amazing headphones, but over time I started noticing a “glitch/static” problem where literally, exactly that, about every 5-10 minutes, I would get a split second burst of static that sounds like a glitch in the audio. I feared the worst and thought the headphones were short circuiting. Semi relief, it’s not that at all, and this is only a problem when using them wit the PS4. Crystal clear for music playback, crystal clear in the studio. A quick search on the SteelSeries Reddit and you find that this is a widespread problem, all specifically when using it on the PS4. And it’s not a MAJOR problem and 99% of the time the sound is perfect other than these minor glitches. But they are consistent and don’t stop no matter how widespread they are. There’s also apparent fixes like muting your TV while using them so that the sound doesn’t interfere, and setting the audio to “Chat only”, but as everybody else on there had already said, you’re simply paying way too much on these for any petty little issues and rubber band fixes like this to even exist. They’re $300 no matter which way you split it.
    On a positive note tho, the SecretLab is truly worth every last cent. Are they getting away wit prolly charging $100 or so extra than they should on name alone? Yea prolly. But it really is top of the line. The comfortability isn’t “sink in your seat” like a nice mattress, and is actually very firm, but rather in how much it truly supports everything. You can play for 4 hours straight and don’t get that typical chair rust or even a sore ass lmao. Everything is customizable, even the fucking arm rests. Which I jus realized 3 weeks after purchase lmao. And I legitimately been noticing less back and neck pain. Shit is for real a life saver. Crazy when the sexy exterior takes such a huge backseat.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    On a positive note tho, the SecretLab is truly worth every last cent. Are they getting away wit prolly charging $100 or so extra than they should on name alone? Yea prolly. But it really is top of the line. The comfortability isn’t “sink in your seat” like a nice mattress, and is actually very firm, but rather in how much it truly supports everything. You can play for 4 hours straight and don’t get that typical chair rust or even a sore ass lmao. Everything is customizable, even the fucking arm rests. Which I jus realized 3 weeks after purchase lmao. And I legitimately been noticing less back and neck pain. Shit is for real a life saver. Crazy when the sexy exterior takes such a huge backseat.

How long did it take them to get it to you after you ordered? Only shipping info I’ve gotten so far says ships “ by September or sooner”
    Pass the god damn butter.

How long did it take them to get it to you after you ordered? Only shipping info I’ve gotten so far says ships “ by September or sooner”
    Mine was ordered like 1st or 2nd week of June and said “Ships out July 17th at the earliest” but actually shipped out around the weekend of the 4th. So it’s iffy, but in my case was beneficial.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Iv had my ps4 about a month and the grip on the right thumbstick is coming off. These controllers are a joke. 
    edited July 2020
    This spiderman game is fun as fuck
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Iv had my ps4 about a month and the grip on the right thumbstick is coming off. These controllers are a joke. 
    I've had the same 2 controllers since launch with no problems at all 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Maybe you don't go hard enough on the sticks 
    Idk. This is the third ps4 iv had. All have had the rubber wear out super fast. Pretty much every friend i have also has had the same issues. 
    Like I said last time you brought this up I have literally never heard of this ever happening and most of my friends are PS4 lol