Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,793 jayfacer
    Arkham Knight was pretty disappointing. It sucks because this is easily the best story of the Arkham series. I fucking love Scarecrow and the story was dark and brutal. Loved it, only reason I kept playing was the next cut scene. The core gameplay as Batman is literally the most polished it can be and was still fun as fuck for the most part, especially when dual play would kick in with Nightwing or Robin. But dear God fuck the batmobile. It's fun for like the first hour and then quickly becomes one of the most monotonous gameplay mechanics I've ever seen. Taking out shitty hordes and waves of tanks just isn't fun and it's so op even on the hardest difficulty that there is 0 challenge. It was such a drag and I preferred getting out and grappling along buildings when given a choice. It's a shame because it makes the open world feel so empty and lifeless even though there is a perpetual shit ton going on. This easily felt like the most formuliac and it sucks because it's super polished, handles well and is so much fun in spots. Overall, very mediocre experience despite the awesome story. Also the Arkham Knight story was cool but I felt like they copped out hard at the end with him and Barbra's "death." Probably go back and play Origins at some point. But damn. Weak end to an otherwise great series. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah I wanna be Batman not be playing world of tanks that was my biggest complaint too. Every single batmobile sequence should have been a side activity because it just wasn't good
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I thought the story was shit too. It just ripped off Jason Todd's origin story and changed him to Arkham Knight instead of Red Hood
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Dime2 said:
    Arkham Knight was pretty disappointing. It sucks because this is easily the best story of the Arkham series. I fucking love Scarecrow and the story was dark and brutal. Loved it, only reason I kept playing was the next cut scene. The core gameplay as Batman is literally the most polished it can be and was still fun as fuck for the most part, especially when dual play would kick in with Nightwing or Robin. But dear God fuck the batmobile. It's fun for like the first hour and then quickly becomes one of the most monotonous gameplay mechanics I've ever seen. Taking out shitty hordes and waves of tanks just isn't fun and it's so op even on the hardest difficulty that there is 0 challenge. It was such a drag and I preferred getting out and grappling along buildings when given a choice. It's a shame because it makes the open world feel so empty and lifeless even though there is a perpetual shit ton going on. This easily felt like the most formuliac and it sucks because it's super polished, handles well and is so much fun in spots. Overall, very mediocre experience despite the awesome story. Also the Arkham Knight story was cool but I felt like they copped out hard at the end with him and Barbra's "death." Probably go back and play Origins at some point. But damn. Weak end to an otherwise great series. 
    you ever watch under the red hood movie? 
    edited August 2020
    Yeah. I called it being Jason really early on. Isn't that partially what Arkham Knight was based on?
    Xeno said:
    Yeah I wanna be Batman not be playing world of tanks that was my biggest complaint too. Every single batmobile sequence should have been a side activity because it just wasn't good
     Seriously it was fucking nauseating at points. Like he really needs to scale the batmobile up a building to break a pipe? Fucking retarded 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
     Coming face to face with Joker in the VR one was creepy af. 
    *slides door hatch shut*
    No thanks. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Dime2 said:
    Yeah. I called it being Jason really early on. Isn't that partially what Arkham Knight was based on?
    Pretty much lol. I liked/hated the story cause it was red hood but just retold in a different way. 
    Dime2 said:
    Not even partially. It was almost an exact copy 
    Also that Batman interactive movie is sum buuuuuuuullshit as well. It’s the fucking red hood movie told 3 different ways now ;-;
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I thought the story was shit too. It just ripped off Jason Todd's origin story and changed him to Arkham Knight instead of Red Hood
    Can you really call it a rip off if it's the same universe though lol. Like that was done on purpose
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Still a cop out regardless
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    also, Batman Begins on the PS2 > 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Xeno said:
    Can you really call it a rip off if it's the same universe though lol. Like that was done on purpose
    Nah, Rocksteady said that Arkham Knight was a brand new character multiple times before release. Jason Todd in a new suit isn't a new character. 
    I actually was reading alot of articles that had Rocksteady saying it was a brand new character lol 
    Also don't wanna spend anymore time than I have to with this game so I googled the Knightfall ending. Glad I didn't spend an extra 20 hours just for that lol 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    edited August 2020
    Man Arkham Knight was incredible. I never understood the hate. I also didn't mind the tank parts as much as everybody else seemed to/
    I didn't hate it but it was really disappointing. If the batmobile was a less dominant mechanic Id love it but so much of the play is not optional and it's all so repetitive. Sitting in there for 20 minutes at a time taking out hordes of tanks or doing dumb ass Riddler race tracks was so anti climactic
    I need to play origins at some point too 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Yeah i never finished that game because I couldn’t stand how much the bat mobile was used. God that sucked.