Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    I don’t even need to hop on desktop to see who them reactions are from lmao.

MC is such a salty bitch lmao suck my dick.
    Im not salty. I just dont think Rockstar is all that, and am not big on Red Dead aside from Undead Nightmare. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    ‘member when MC said Twitter was dead =))
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I mean it pretty much is. 

You'll see. Rockstar is already showing telltale signs they're the next Bethesda/Bioware. 
    How so? Because some nerds are trash talking them on the internet?

Your opinion is confusing to me because GTAV is the most profitable thing ever. They made 6 billion off one game. They seem to be doing just fucking fine. 

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/gta-5-now-profitable-entertainment-product-ever-3448487
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Even your idea that all those companies only put out trash and don't have fan support now is wrong
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    The new smaller PUBG map is fun af. That game Is a pretty good game now. Its in a really good and fun state. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Idk how you can say Rockstar is on the decline when Red Dead 2 was one of the best open world games ever made
    Yeah the world they created is an absolute marvel. The detail they put into that game is amazing.
    How so? Because some nerds are trash talking them on the internet?

Your opinion is confusing to me because GTAV is the most profitable thing ever. They made 6 billion off one game. They seem to be doing just fucking fine. 

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/gta-5-now-profitable-entertainment-product-ever-3448487
    Ok, cool they sell well. So do games by all those companies. There's a lot of proof
    1. They stopped making more "experimental" games. No more Bully, Manhunt, Max Payne, Warriors, etc. No new IPs. Only guaranteed sales GTA and Red Dead 

2. Shifted focus on online games as service type games with GTA and Red Dead Online and all the issues that come with that

3. Original team members leaving the company. That hurts the original vision of the team. 

4. Shoddy PC ports, pulling games off of PC, etc. Even worse, a shift to their own shitty store/launcher just like EA, Epic, Blizzard, and Bethesda 

Even people who still like their games barely finish them or touch online anymore. Red Dead Redemption 2 was technically very cool, but from a gameplay and story perspective it wasnt all that. And once the new tech appeal and detail wore off, it was really boring. 

I dont think they're going to fuck up tomorrow. But I think its only a matter of time before they go the way of Blizzard or Bethesda. 
    And Im not saying they'll go out of business. I expect them to sell well forever because most consumers are dumb as shit. But Im expecting predictable buggy games, empty experiences, microtransactions, games as service models, and overpriced bullshit like those companies mentioned above. 
    A bully sequel has been rumored for a long time, but i suspect you are right in this case and they decided to put their attention to GTA 6 instead. 
    A bully sequel has been rumored for a long time, but i suspect you are right in this case and they decided to put their attention to GTA 6 instead. 
    That rumor got shot down 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    GTA V story was straight trash

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    edited February 2020
    Literally every 2020 game that I was looking forward to, except for the SpongeBob remake in May, got delayed lmao.

TLOU2 was February, now May.

FF7 Remake was March, now April. 

Watch Dogs: Legion was March, now potentially 2021.

Avengers is sposed to be May, but there’s been rumors of a delay. Not at all surprising tho being a Square Enix game smh.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,796 jayfacer
    It would be more of a surprise if Square delivered something on time
    Buncha games Im looking forward to got delayed too mainly DOOM Eternal and Tamarin 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Started Days Gone,
    damn these motorcycle controls are ass.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Xeno said:
    Even your idea that all those companies only put out trash and don't have fan support now is wrong

When companies do things that he doesn’t like, MC claims they are in the wrong. His opinion is law. Rockstar is doing stuff he doesn’t like so they are doomed. MCU doesn’t get it, it’s all over for them. DC doesn’t get it, gaming companies don’t get it. Consumers don’t get it. Twitter banned Milo, they’re dead now. Tours, other bands, our forum, any org with an opinion on a film they actually watched and he didn’t, all fucking wrong, misguided or out of touch because he doesn’t like it. 

Get ready with your stupid “just consume” meme MC. 
    So you really think Bethesda, Blizzard, and EA are good companies, releasing good content regularly, and arent just scummy companies trying cash grab their player base with buggy broken games? 

You really think Rockstar's shift towards online games as services and abandonment of any IP that isnt Red Dead or GTA is a good sign? 
    My opinions and what I think in no way reflect on how the company is doing as a whole, other than I can choose to give them my money or not. I’m not going to run around and act like the companies are doomed because I don’t like their policies. I don’t like country music, but that doesn’t mean the entire industry around it is going to fail. Regardless of what I think of any of those things Rockstar as a company is not going the way of anything. They are the current world fucking champion of gaming companies. They got there by cutting out the extra shit and focusing on their key products. They choose to do a couple things excellent rather than having lesser products diluting their menu. The 5 guys burger and fries method. 

And it fucking worked. If GTA V was the most profitable thing ever, and they have been spending all the time and money since then on GTA 6, they probably have their top spot locked down all the way to 2030.