Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    That's probably the only thing that will really keep it going in this day and age though. Probably trying to just shit out sequels every other year 
    Yea I kind of have to agree. I dont know what happened behind the scenes, but it feels like a dynamic shift in series direction took place. We'll see when it comes out, but I'm half expecting it to go full modern Wolfenstein on me. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Death Stranding finally clicked 
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Blizzard committed anhero 

Really mad myself 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

Really mad myself 
    Concerning?? 
    edited January 2020

Really mad myself 
    Concerning?? 
    1. The new Overwatch changes with them adding rotating hero pools is the big gay. But I havent played Overwatch in a while, so whatever. 

But 2. They FUCKED UP the WarCraft 3 remake. Its broken, buggy, and doesnt work as intended. They went back on the cinematic overhaul they promised at Blizzcon. They censored audio dialogue, and other elements of the game, like you can no longer kill children - which breaks custom games that used that character model. They're censoring language online - like you cant even host THEIR OWN MAP called "Booty Bay" because of the word "booty". They banned all custom games based on licensed material. Then said they own all custom games ever made on WC3:R because they're butthurt about the success of Dota. They launched it without ladders, clans, or online ranking. And to top it all off, they integrated the changes to the original via a patch, right down to the audio changes, and map redesigns, meaning you can no longer play the originals online even if you have an original disc copy. 

Luckily some community members are finding some work arounds for the original games, but they're temporary. This is literally the death of WarCraft 3, and RTS modding. 

Its really sad for me. I've been playing WC3 for like 18 years, and still come back to it for custom games pretty regularly, and they fucked up one of my favorite games of all time with a shitty remaster patch. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    Last of us 2>
    Ive never played an animal crossing game
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    They're good simple fun
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Also haven't responded to recent things in here. Blizzard has definitely proven themselves to be pretty retarded recently. And with the Doom Eternal stuff I get why you personally are ambivalent about it but it still definitely interests me
    Xeno said:
    Also haven't responded to recent things in here. Blizzard has definitely proven themselves to be pretty retarded recently. And with the Doom Eternal stuff I get why you personally are ambivalent about it but it still definitely interests me
    Blizzard is #1 on my shit list right now

Im still hella excited for Doom Eternal. Still hoping it kicks ass. But yea, we'll see about some of those specifics.

Been replaying DOOM 2016 and goddamn I forgot how much I love this game. Playing it with upgrades for the first time. They make the game soooo much easier, but so much more fun too. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Hit 1000g on Outer Worlds so fully done now. Goddamn what a fantastic game. Definitely one of the best of 2019. Really hope it did well enough for a sequel.
    Jesus how do you still have time for all of this gaming
    iv heard almost all positive things about that game though. 
    It’s a shorter game. Even getting all the achievements and doing 100% was still only like 35 hours which is stupid short for an RPG.
    Did you do it on switch? 

Thats not bad. I guess most of my gaming now a days is MP. If I converted that to SP im
    sure i could knock out some games. I have a huge library i havent even come close to touching though because i mostly end up playing a MP game. 
    Dan houser is leaving rockstar 
    edited February 2020
    Naw I thought it’s not out yet on Switch? Or like JUS came out. But naw I played on my One X and I’m on that $1 a month for the first 3 months of Xbox Game Pass so I basically played the whole thing for $1 lmao.

And I’m the opposite actually. I play absolutely zero multiplayer. Don’t even have PS+ or XBL. So all my gaming time goes strictly into campaigns.
    Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
    Started Trover Saves The Universe on PSVR today. For anybody unaware, it’s created by Justin Roiland (Rick And Morty) and the entire animation style is exactly like Rick And Morty and everybody’s voices in the game sound like Rick And Morty so it’s Rick And Morty the game in everything but name lmao. It’s a VR platformer like Astro Bot. Bout 2 hours in and loving it so far. Shit is fucking hilarious. One of the NPCs told me to suck his dick as I killed him lmfao.