Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I’ve had an itch to play metal gear solid for PS1 again. I might have to go raid my grandparents house and see if I can find everything needed.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I just (sorta?) finished MGSV. That game was drugs
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    I still haven’t finished that because its so massive lo
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Any of yall got Smash Ultimate? Late as fuck to the party but my girl got it for me on Valentine’s so I finally got it lmao. Getting addicted and Im’ma activate NSO even tho I’ll prolly get smoked online lmao.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    I have it. Never play online though 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • GazzaGazza Posts: 145 salt miner
    But yes, the original Battlefront 2 is GOAT. Still one of my all time favorites.
    Game is 1 of my favs
    Platinum’d Fallen Order. Time to start the new Modern Warfare.
  • GazzaGazza Posts: 145 salt miner
    You see The new Predator game coming out? Looks pretty cool
    Wow. New Modern Warfare is legitimately really fucking good. Have shit on COD for the longest now and for good reason, but this is one polished ass fucking shooter. Graphically one of the most impressive games I’ve ever seen too. Cutscenes are borderline photorealistic and even in motion it looks gorgeous. 

Granted, it’s STUPID fucking short considering I been playing for a lil over 2 hours total and already have 6 of 12 total missions finished lmfao. So I’ll have this shit platinum’d by Thursday night most likely. It’s a shame because there was clearly a lot of effort put into the campaign, but due to the focus on multiplayer, they made it way too short and sweet. Could be up there as one of the timeless shooter campaigns if they wanted to put more meat on it.

Still do hate that they slapped the Modern Warfare title on it. This is nothing like the original whatsoever in it’s presentation. Other than yea, it’s in modern times lmao. Thought this would be kind of a re-imagining of the original but it’s not that at all honestly.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    EpisodeMnH . Thought this would be kind of a re-imagining of the original but it’s not that at all honestly.
    Once you finish it and watch the ending it will all make sense. 
    edited February 2020
    Yo mission 9 on Modern Warfare hit me like a fucking freight train.

That shit made me tear the fuck up and fictional shit NEVER hits me like that.

They ain’t have to go that dark wit it.

That might singlehandedly be the most disturbing thing I ever played in a video game. That was really unnecessary and unpleasant to play thru. And that’s to say that nothing really ever truly disturbed me in a game. Horror games and shit like that don’t really count because they TRY to disturb you and that’s their whole purpose so it’s done in essentially a corny way. So yea no, that was the most disturbing thing I ever played in a video game.

I guess it’s mainly the fact that that exact type of shit is what we doing to other countries in real life. I guess it was a necessary evil to present in a game like this but that legitimately jus made me uneasy and did not benefit the game at all IMO.

I’m surprised that level isn’t something that made the news honestly. Torturing a piece of shit in GTA V ruffled enough feathers that it made national headlines but somehow something like this didn’t get a single peep.
    If anybody hasn’t played and/or doesn’t plan on playing but is curious what I’m referring to:

https://youtu.be/TjyN10ZbwGo
    If anybody hasn’t played and/or doesn’t plan on playing but is curious what I’m referring to:

https://youtu.be/TjyN10ZbwGo
    Can you die in this part?
    Yes. I fucked up a few times taking down the ruski in the house and he killed me.
    I definitely enjoyed that segment though and have to disagree that it didn't improve the game
    Xeno said:
    Yes. I fucked up a few times taking down the ruski in the house and he killed me.
    Interesting.... 
    I thought there was a law against killing kids in video games now, and thats why Bethesda censored killing kids out of Fallout, and Blizzard censored it out of Warcraft 3 Reforged... But if Activision can get away with it, it must mean Blizzard and Bethesda are just pussies. Weird because Activision owns Blizzard. 
    I'm pretty sure there aren't laws it's just something that the companies usually try to avoid. It also depends on the context/how it's handled just like in movies. In MW you're not killing kids, you're playing AS a kid who can die, and when you do it's from a first person perspective so you don't really see it happen.

I think for the most part it's similar to film, in that it either has to happen off camera or be done by another kid. Like in Funny Games/The Butterfly Effect/City of God.
    Xeno said:
    I'm pretty sure there aren't laws it's just something that the companies usually try to avoid. It also depends on the context/how it's handled just like in movies. In MW you're not killing kids, you're playing AS a kid who can die, and when you do it's from a first person perspective so you don't really see it happen.

I think for the most part it's similar to film, in that it either has to happen off camera or be done by another kid. Like in Funny Games/The Butterfly Effect/City of God.
    I just hate these companies are removing it from 20 year old games. I get it, if you don't want to have killing kids a part of your game, leave it out, but going back and patching old games to remove it is lame af. That's why I thought it was a law. Though I do download killable kids mods for like Fallout. 

They way they patch it out is so fucking lazy and weak too. Like in Fallout 1 and 2 they just turn the kid'a invisible so you cant see or target them... but they're still in game. So they can still pickpocket you. And if they get caught in a crossfire or hit by splash damage, they can still die and then you get the Child Killer Perk, so even if you didnt want to kill them you cant avoid it because you cant see them. 

And in WC3R they just made child models invincible. But since its an 18 year old game, people included kid models as characters in custom games, that could previously be killed, that can no longer so it straight up breaks most custom games. 
    Xeno said:

Technically they DO show kids get killed. Not exactly directly, but they show the gas attack and then once you escape the house and get out to the streets, you see dead kids laying on the street.