Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Goddamn Fallen Order is already fucking phenomenal.
    Avengers was officially moved from May to September 14th, making it 4 of 4 of all main games I wanted this year getting delayed. Unbelievable lmao.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,796 jayfacer
    What you expect with Square tho?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    Avengers looks like dogshit anyways 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • GazzaGazza Posts: 145 salt miner
    Friday the 13th is a fun game...Glitchy af but still fun.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Played drunk search with a friend last night, got the most brutal ninja defuse I've ever managed

https://youtu.be/EK6EhXGn0AM
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Finished n got platinum in Days Gone. 
    Games is waaaay longer than it should be.
    8/10
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Finished n got platinum in Days Gone. 
    Games is waaaay longer than it should be.
    8/10
    Game was amazing but I do agree it was way too padded out. Still one of my favorites of 2019 and the series has serious potential.
    I never download games and still prefer the novelty of discs, and the few that I have downloaded have never gotten deleted (Other than Xbox Game Pass titles.)

I’m saying this to ask, if you purchase and download a game, then later down the line delete it to make room for another game, does your purchase stay linked to your account to where you can re-download/install it later down the line without paying again? 

Battlefront 2 is $12 rn and I wanna download it but only if I can delete and re-download as needed like you can wit discs.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    On PS4 your purchased games are still in your library dashboard or in the ps store under purchases even if you uninstall them. You can install them and remove them as many times as you want. 

If using your profile and purchase on more than one ps4 you just have to activate the one you’re using as your primary. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I never download games and still prefer the novelty of discs, and the few that I have downloaded have never gotten deleted (Other than Xbox Game Pass titles.)

I’m saying this to ask, if you purchase and download a game, then later down the line delete it to make room for another game, does your purchase stay linked to your account to where you can re-download/install it later down the line without paying again? 

Battlefront 2 is $12 rn and I wanna download it but only if I can delete and re-download as needed like you can wit discs.
    lmao yes my guy. Purchases are linked to your account forever. If you delete it, it literally just moves to the "ready to install" tab in the games library
    I game share with a friend on xbox. So my xbox is set to his profile's "home xbox", and vice versa, but I still have the auto-login to just my account. As long as I'm connected to the internet, I have access to both my own game library and his combined into one. The only drawback is that if my internet is down, I only have access to HIS game library, but to be honest his is pretty much better overall than mine.
    Thanks yall. Bout to download that 12 dollar Battlefront 2 lmao.
    GOAT star wars game
    The original Battlefront 2? 
    Yeah my mistake going back realized he was talking about the new one
    Xeno said:
    Only giving it a chance because I’ve seen multiple videos and articles claiming that 2 1/2 years later, it’s finally the game that it should’ve been at launch due to patches. While that is still inexcusable, how can I complain at only a $12 risk?
    But yes, the original Battlefront 2 is GOAT. Still one of my all time favorites.
    Also, beat Fallen Order. Still have prolly 3-4 hours left as far as cleaning up the collectibles for the platinum, but the main game is completely finished.

End of the day, take away my Kingdom Hearts obsession, and Fallen Order is game of the year 2019 for me. Still a strong #2 tho. But it’s an odd case because I also say this while only giving it an 8.5/10. I played it in February 3 months after release and after multiple patches so I got a better experience and I can imagine how bogus launch was, but even so I experienced bugs. From what I seen, it was primarily a PS4 Pro problem, but sure enough I played on PS4 Pro and had constant lag problems where it would completely freeze for 10 or so seconds while loading the map. This was especially a problem on Kashyyyk, which is the largest map on the game. 

Pile this on top of the fact that as of literally yesterday, EA publicly admitted that they released the game knowing it was bugged, but needed to get it out for holiday season. That jus leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But there’s EA for you.

It’s a shame because take away the technical issues and this is literally a 10/10 game. But what was done was the blueprint for the quintessential Star Wars game and since the sequel already got the green light, I really hope they take the time to chisel it out to what it has the potential to be. 

I loved how it was done in a “junior open world” kind of style and would love to see a full blown open world Star Wars game. That could obviously end up going both ways tho lmao. 

And the story, canon wise, isn’t essential, but was so well done that I would still say it’s a really dope “essential” lil piece of the story to any Star Wars fan. 

Xeno said:
    Dude original Battlefront 2 with mods is a religious experience.