Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    35 hours is not short lool 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    35 hours is not short lool 
    For an RPG? Especially coming from Obsidian who made the 100+ hour New Vegas? Yes 35 is short in that case.
    I’ve never played an RPG less than 50-60 hours up until now.
    edited February 2020
    From what I’m seeing, all 3 episodes of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be $60 each. If that truly ends up the case I may not even play it as bad as I want to. That comes out to a $180 game for a REMAKE. That would be the worst fucking case of a cash grab I ever seen and I can’t support that.
    This mf on this other forum I’m on created a whole ass thread jus to say that Luigi’s Mansion 3 is better than Bloodborne lmaoooo.

Like that’s not necessarily wrong, (Luigi’s Mansion 3 is amazing and I never played Bloodborne.) but that’s such a pointless and random comparison. They’re such entirely different types of games that there’s no reason to compare them. That’s like saying Guitar Hero is better than BioShock jus to say it.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Dan houser is leaving rockstar 
    Not surprised with the cash cow GTA online has become
    Been seeing all over that mfs seem to think this is the beginning of the end for Rockstar. That couldn’t be more of an exaggeration. That’s like anybody that said Marvel would die wit Stan Lee. Too big and strong of an empire has been built and Rockstar is such a massive company now wit so many strong minds and resources at their disposal. I’m sure they had precautions in order in the event of something like this or his death. Rockstar has been the most consistent and solid developer and losing one man is not enough to make that crumble.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    Yeah, im hoping it means they actually get someone thats a talented writer to write the storylines for these big games. 

GTA V and RDR2 are both marvels when it comes to the worlds and environments you interact with, but were both weak in the story telling aspect IMO. Im hoping a lot of that had to do with houser having his had in all of the storytelling. 

GTA 6 certainly isnt going to fold because hes not part of the company any more. 
    What. 😐 GTA V story wise was good, nothing special, but to say RDR2’s story was WEAK? That was one of the best video game plots I ever got to see play out. And I don’t even like Westerns. 

It’s funny because everywhere else I’ve actually seen the complete opposite opinion lmao. Everybody said their storytelling has been amazing and is now about to suffer now that he’s gone.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    GTA V story was ok. The first half of the game they built Trevor up as this psychopath and there was this buildup to a confrontation between him and Michael. Then they finally interact and its just like "hey whats up"

GTA 4 and San Andreas both had way better stories 
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I want a Vice City remake.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    Yeah, im hoping it means they actually get someone thats a talented writer to write the storylines for these big games. 

Dude you've been starting to rival MC with the big sips of the retarded opinions juice lately. There is ONE Rockstar game with a lackluster story, GTA V. Even that wasn't really bad, it just paled in comparison to every GTA game since GTA3. RDR2 had a great story. I bet you found it too drawn out, but that's more a criticism of Westerns as a genre then of the actual game. 

I really don't expect Rockstar games to have much soul anymore with Houser gone, but like hell it's going to be the end of the company. That thing is way too big to fail financially at this point
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    edited February 2020
    There were parts of the atory that were awesome. Lots of the missions were cool.

I just didn’t  find the dialog or the storytelling to be particularly gripping. I thought it was pretty basic. Im not saying it was bad. Hell it’s probably my favorite game of the xbox one life cycle. I just think some fresh blood might not hurt the direction of future games. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Finished Death Stranding. Took 65 hrs.
    Give it a lik dis if u cry everytim/10.
    Didn't like it at first but gave it a 2nd chance n when I got to the 2nd area that's where everything started to click even tho theres some jank. The ending is long af, lol.
    9/10
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Lol Rockstar 

They'll join Bioware/Blizzard/Bethesda/EA soon enough 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Join them as gaming companies that make fuck tons of money every year? They already do. Nerd rage on YouTube means shit. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I don’t even need to hop on desktop to see who them reactions are from lmao.

MC is such a salty bitch lmao suck my dick.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,796 jayfacer
    Lmao really though? Red Dead II was a prequel and it literally had me hooked all the way through even though I knew what would happen. Fuck outta here Rex, Red Dead II story was amazing 
    Lol Rockstar 

they already did years ago, the fuck you on about
    Xeno said:
    Lol Rockstar 

they already did years ago, the fuck you on about
    Oh I agree partially. They're on the heavy heavy decline. But they havent put out pure garbage yet, and still have fan support. I give it two or three more years.