Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    Did I say they were doomed? Your putting my words in my mouth.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Lol Rockstar 

They'll join Bioware/Blizzard/Bethesda/EA soon enough 
    Xeno said:
    Lol Rockstar 

they already did years ago, the fuck you on about
    Oh I agree partially. They're on the heavy heavy decline. But they havent put out pure garbage yet, and still have fan support. I give it two or three more years. 

Close enough. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited February 2020
    Lol Rockstar 

Xeno said:
    Lol Rockstar 

they already did years ago, the fuck you on about
    Oh I agree partially. They're on the heavy heavy decline. But they havent put out pure garbage yet, and still have fan support. I give it two or three more years. 

Close enough. 
    Not even remotely the same, but ok. 

All those companies are cash cows. They just put out shitty manipulative games. 

So again, 
    And Im not saying they'll go out of business. I expect them to sell well forever because most consumers are dumb as shit. But Im expecting predictable buggy games, empty experiences, microtransactions, games as service models, and overpriced bullshit like those companies mentioned above. 

You doomed them to release broken buggy games in the next 2-3 years. Garbage. Empty and predictable. 

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    All those companies do put out shitty unfinished games. They also sometimes put out decent games that are worth the money. I usually wait it out after release and see what people like/don't like about it.

And you did basically say they were doomed, that's what I was disagreeing with. You get so hung up on dismantling the video game oligarchy that you start ranting hyperbole and then forget about it 5 minutes later. Yeah, you then contradicted it later, but that doesn't change the fact that during the discourse you said it lmao
    Xeno said:
    All those companies do put out shitty unfinished games. They also sometimes put out decent games that are worth the money. I usually wait it out after release and see what people like/don't like about it.

And you did basically say they were doomed, that's what I was disagreeing with. You get so hung up on dismantling the video game oligarchy that you start ranting hyperbole and then forget about it 5 minutes later. Yeah, you then contradicted it later, but that doesn't change the fact that during the discourse you said it lmao
    My exact wording "You'll see. Rockstar is already showing telltale signs they're the next Bethesda/Bioware. "

Bethesda/Bioware (EA) still make a lot of money. But they're shitty companies. I think Rockstar is sharing their trajectory. But we'll see. 
    "But they havent put out pure garbage yet, and still have fan support. I give it two or three more years. "

How are those companies crossing the billion mark every year without fan support my dude
    edited February 2020
    Also I don't get why you're throwing two developers in with a top line of publishers as if those companies function in remotely the same way.
    Xeno said:
    "But they havent put out pure garbage yet, and still have fan support. I give it two or three more years. "

How are those companies crossing the billion mark every year without fan support my dude
    I honestly don't know. Its an anomaly to me. 

But you can't honestly say they've put out anything worthwhile in years. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    My work is done here. 
    Xeno said:

Jedi Fallen Order is fun as hell, but if something doesn't play like a game that was released in the 90s you're not interested anyways. You're biased as shit
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited February 2020
    Xeno said:
     You get so hung up on dismantling the video game oligarchy that you start ranting hyperbole and then forget about it 5 minutes later. 
    Fucking cracked up at the video game oligarchy =))))
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Thanks dad, why don't you come to my baseball games
    My work is done here. 
    I think debating MC is one of the few things still bringing me back here
    I need to get that jedi fallen order
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Speaking of, platinum’d Trover Saves The Universe, (It’s only like 6 hours total. Short like most VR games sadly.) so the next game I’m bout to finally start is Fallen Order. 
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:

Jedi Fallen Order is fun as hell, but if something doesn't play like a game that was released in the 90s you're not interested anyways. You're biased as shit
    Wow ONE game. 
    edited February 2020
    Ill have you know that the madden this year was also fire af
    NHL 20 checking in. Chel fucking rocks. 
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:

Wow ONE game. 
    YOU'RE ALSO A DOOM FANBOY WHICH BETHESDA PUBLISHED Y O U D U M B F U C K