Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

A Mosque at Ground Zero...

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Did you see anything with a molecular structure? Because that's offensive.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Nahh it's just like a big huge desert of pure white sand it's pretty sweet
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Heavy_Metal_JesusHeavy_Metal_Jesus Posts: 477 salt miner
    Anything Darwin related near a church.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Was the topic about any other kind of people Julian? No it's about Muslims. So why would I speak on any other people at this moment in time. Think about it. It's just my opinion that this is the reason they want to build this where they do. I could be very wrong but at the same time I could be right. Prove to me I'm not and I'll change the way i feel about it.

I love how everyone screams about freedom of speech and religion and yet when a billboard goes up that says " don't believe in god?, you're not alone!" the churches have it removed and no one gives a shit about that. I honestly don't care if they build it because thanks to certain rights people can for the most part believe in what they want where they want however i am uneasy about the location as many Americans should be.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i am uneasy about the location as many Americans should be.
    2 blocks?

Where is the line where mosques are suddenly okay?
    The people building the mosque have been offered several other sites instead of that one however they refuse to take another one. When I can walk for about 1 minute and go from one of the biggest events in American history to where the mosque is that's a bit close. I just feel if it is no big deal why can't they take one of the other proposed locations?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Because they don't want to give the impression like they feel they are doing something wrong. If they agreed to move the location, then they would seem to be agreeing that there is something wrong with their mosque being there.
    While i see your point I would like to look at the other side. If we are expected to accept their ways why can't we ask out of respect they take one of the other spots. Like I said prove to me it's not them trying to assert their dominance and I'll switch my opinion.
    Because this isn't a monument or even related to 9/11. They are not trying to assert their dominance by attempting to create a religious center. This is no more an assertion of dominance than building a church down the street from your house.

You wouldn't find me supporting this if it was a monument of sorts.
    You know that whenever Muslims conquer a nation they find every holy site and build a mosque on it. The way I'm seeing it is this is their monument this is their way of saying they are taking over. And the only reason I really get that feeling is because they refuse to take other locations that are being given to them. I don't want to going circles on this I respect your opinion on this and I'd hope you would respect mine. I mean I'm not Erik running around like an ignorant ass hole saying kill the sand niggers. Because that's not how i feel.
    I am not accusing you of doing anything close to the sort. I in fact consider this pretty civil.

A few things I have wrong with that.

Ground Zero is not a holy site. It will have a generational meaning, and then will be relegated to the likes of the location of the Boston Massacre.

The "Muslims" that we're talking about here could be descriptive of a ton of different races, but I'll bite. It was common practice at the time not only for Muslim conquerors to desanctify holy sites and reconstruct it in their own way. Enter almost every state in Roman era Middle East.

The Muslims also would build it on top of the former site, not two blocks away from it.

I feel I've adequately presented my opinion on the "why don't they change it to another place" argument.

In the end, I believe it will be built. It will be picketed on its opening day. A week later, no one will care, and no one should.
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    Was the topic about any other kind of people Julian? No it's about Muslims. So why would I speak on any other people at this moment in time. Think about it. It's just my opinion that this is the reason they want to build this where they do. I could be very wrong but at the same time I could be right. Prove to me I'm not and I'll change the way i feel about it.

I love how everyone screams about freedom of speech and religion and yet when a billboard goes up that says " don't believe in god?, you're not alone!" the churches have it removed and no one gives a shit about that. I honestly don't care if they build it because thanks to certain rights people can for the most part believe in what they want where they want however i am uneasy about the location as many Americans should be.
    i see so your opinion is that, if you take anything out of context anyone is right. i cant say i agree. focusing on ONE nations actions that are the SAME as other nations and condemning them for it sounds like a typical American thing to say (not to hate but im gonna play the stereotype game). this may not matter to you but i have lost a large amount of respect for you.
  • JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
    It's not on ground zero. anyone who opposes this simply because of race and religion should kill themselfs now. Bunch of ignorant fucks. Americans are in Iraq killing people they dont need too and we're building shit there. im sure most of them dont want it all there. the only difference is locations. it's ridiculous that people oppose this so much. if it was ON ground zero I would understand but it's NOT ON GROUND ZERO!!!
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Some people just don't understand..
    imageimage
    Wine thank you for actually holding a logical discussion. Something certain people on here aren't able to do.

Julian would it make you feel better for me to say I don't agree with any nation doing that? If this was about anyone else besides Muslims and I didn't agree with it I would make it known but like I said this is about Muslims no need for me to talk about the Russians here or anything.

Jeff, so I should kill myself for having an opinion that differs from yours? I don't feel my arguement opposing it is ignorant at all actually I am pretty well educated on this subject at the moment. Learn the context of the word. Also I don't agree with the war.

Dawn , do you realize the distance of two blocks? I could throw a baseball that distance.
    I do realize the distance of two blocks, and they actually vary from city to city and town to town and which part of the city/town you're in. I think people are making a huge deal of this that doesn't need to be made. That's just me though.
    imageimage
    I wasn't trying to make it a huge deal. Actually quite the opposite i was just saying my point of seeing it as being disrespectful and them trying to assert dominance. As far as I am concerned with this topic it will remain in this thread with me. I'm not going to protest I'm not going to bitch to people around town I'm not going to call into radio stations or sign petitions. I just don't like the idea with other locations being offered up. I don't care enough. I agree with what wine said it will be built and a couple weeks later no one will care. And that's the beautiful thing about this country, people are allowed to have their own opinions and feelings towards things.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Well...ain't that just random <_>
    imageimage
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    itz not random. I hate Obama, who is for the mosque, so fuck obama