Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

A Mosque at Ground Zero...

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    As a Christian it's like me going and burning down the city of Mecca in the name of God, then building a church right next to the scene. It's disrespectful and definitely does not spread peace, only more hate
    I love that everyone against the mosque has some "it's like if _ built a _ next to _" comparison.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Ugh, Santana just shut the hell up you're being so damn retarded.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    It's like if Brian built a Kurt Cobain statue next to Wal Mart.
    I love winning with women
    It's like if Alex built a purity statue next to every virgin he's fucked
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    <_________________________________>
    I jayface your jayface
    Wizard Pictures, Images and Photos
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    So it's retarded that I disagree with a mosque being built at a spot where thousands of Americans died? No it's not so shut the fuck up
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    *sigh*
    It's not all Muslims obviously it was the Muslim extremists. I have Muslim friends so don't think I'm prejudiced. I just think that building a Muslim temple right near where the towers were is too close for comfort. It's obviously created much more pain than peace so if they really wanted to create peace they would move it somewhere else. They do not have any respect for the families of those who died because if they did, again, they would move the mosque somewhere else
    I dont think it has created more pain than peace at all. Thousands of Muslims will put this center to good use. However, a bunch of people whining about the center, such as yourself, does not constitute pain.

As far as the families of victims of 9/11...well I cant speak for them or how they feel about it. Im willing to bet there are many feeling of anger towards this issue. However, that does not change the fact that this is America. Everyone has rights, and they need to be protected. Regardless of the situation. I watched some show, and on Martin Luther King Day, the KKK held a rally (this was in Georgia I believe) and many upset citizens were following them, threatening them. So the police had to protect them. As much as I would love to punch every one of the racist idiots in their face, they have rights.

So as Binaca would say...dealwithit.jpg
    So it's retarded that I disagree with an Islam learning center being built a few blocks away from a spot where thousands of Americans died, even though it has no correlation whatsoever? Yeah, I guess it is huh?
    Ok. I see all your points. Although I disagree with them I say let's just leave it like it is and end this pointless argument
    And that last quote was totally unnecessary
    edited September 2010
    So it's retarded that I disagree with an Islam learning center being built a few blocks away from a spot where thousands of Americans died, even though it has no correlation whatsoever? Yeah, I guess it is huh?
    QFT
    Just explain to me what is so wrong about it.

You cant say that it is disrespectful. If it was actually built on ground zero, then I could understand. Ground zero has almost become symbolic to Americans, and building a mosque there would tarnish that symbol. But it is 2 blocks away. So to say it is disrespectful is just dumb.

Is it causing anyone any harm? Is it lessening the quality of anyone's life?
    I've already explained what's so wrong about it and I've already said what I needed to say so I'm going to leave it at that. I don't need to prove anything to you. If you wanna continue this then by all means do so, but I won't be continuing
    No, you really havent. You said it would cause pain and hate, and left it at that. You are speaking for others when you shouldnt. How exactly does it cause you pain and hate?
    edited September 2010
    So it's retarded that I disagree with a mosque being built at a spot where thousands of Americans died?
    Your logic fails so damn hard Santana. I swear getting mad at this is like getting upset over having an auto repair shop built 2 blocks away from the site of a terrible car crash that happened almost a decade ago because it will "bring back awful memories for those involved". You're just trying to relate the two things because you're being an intolerant bastard.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Someone always has a problem. This country is free but is filled with idiots
    imageimage
    THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAYNE
    THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAYNE
    Now this good ole' boy knows what I'm talkin about! Yee-Hawwwww!!!!