Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Yeah that's horseshit sorry.. I've watched a million things on British Invasion bands and they are constantly, almost annoyingly, referencing the blues bands that they love.. It was literally in almost every single interview from like 60 - 65
    Calling someone a sabbath worship band is a compliment
    calling someone a blues worship band is a negative ?
    also these BI ventured away from that roots music after a few years while most sabbath worship bands stick to that sound their whole careers.. Sorry I just don't see your big critique holding a lot of water
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    So now go watch some docs on those artists they loved so much and see how the 60s treated them

Look I'm not really blaming the bands for the cultural woes of the day. I'm just acknowledging that they benefitted heavily from having a blueprint of music to plunder at will and an audience waiting to worship it without question. Part of that audience were the types like the guys that started Rolling Stone magazine, a rag that had perpetuated the myth of the BI bands all the way down the line. You look at any Rolling Stone "Best of" list and it's heavily weighted towards that era of rock. That influences popular opinion of the period and inflates it above it's real importance

I see artists like Iggy Azalea. And she doesn't even cover songs. She just copies the slang and people hate her for it. But she's making money off the backs of  something that was already there that's she's been allowed to plunder. What a travesty it would be for her to be considered a "classic artist" in 30 years above most of her more talented peers. And that's obv not even close to parallel to the level if what has happened to the BI bands. 

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Yall gears have no teeth because that shits been ground so much. 
    image Photobucket
    Dude there is a lot wrong with what you just said. First of all iggy whatever is a fucking joke. To even try and compare her music career to that of the Beatles is honestly not even worth a response so I'll move on. I have the highest respect for these blues artists. I worship howlin wolf ( who headlined the Newport jazz festival in 65 I believe) and his entire catalogue and musical influence. The man is a legend.. So is sun house, Robert Johnson, john lee hooker, muddy, Albert, bb etc.. But if we are getting down to true honest brass tax there music is just flat out not as good as the British Invasion shit once these bands hit there full strides I mean c'mon .. Sgt peppers and exile are better than a fucking so g with three chords and five lines about how there woman is running around.. It's obvious and with no disrespect to legends who paved the way.. You're letting your frustration with society affect your music judgement.. If I put zero back references or stories to any of the music and you listened to all these bands completely blind and never even hearing about them before I'd think you'd have drastically different views
    And you make it sound like niggas like sun and howlin invented the blues.. They learned that shit from someone old black dude just like the Beatles did lol
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    Xenocide said:
    I'm on my first 45 minute break since camp started monday. After running the waterfront for 4 hours today I swam for 5 minutes and almost just continued swimming upriver to the highway and thumbed back to new england. We must purge the lakota from these lands.
    thought you liked camp
    I do. I love it. But one of our male staff quit the night before we started Monday so I got stuck with his kids in addition to mine. Also the kids I work with are native and from the poorest county in the united states. To say that there are some behavioral issues would be light. fter 3 straight days of it I had a mild breakdown. I'm back in the right mind doe.
    Whaling season?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,670 spicy boy
    Fuck the internal struggle. It's a 20 hour drive. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,727 mod
    Out with it Will :!!
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,610 spicy boy
    Must have caught dude dick deep in foreign poon 
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Long story short, people don't listen to me which causes issues to escalate and escalate until it pushes me over. If I had a knife I would have killed someone and not given a damn fuck about it
    imageimage
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    It's way too long anyway and has to deal with someone else's personal shit in the process along with alcohol. It was a build up from yesterday evening into today which pushed me over. If I'm Willin' it up, so be it. I'm not going to type a whole backstory about someone else to explain exactly what's up, how and why it happened lol
    imageimage
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,670 spicy boy