Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    See tho that post completely proves my point I think lol I know where your coming from but that doesn't mean the songs gimme back my bullets or that smell are now bad songs lol.. I prob would want nothing to do with any if those fuckhead people but that's the joy of music.. I can listen to that shit high as a kite by myself if I want to lol
    I'm not immune to flaws. I will never deny that my displeasure with southern rock is more based around the culture/fans and not the music. I do find most of the music embarrassing though. A lot of it paints a picture of a south that has really never existed. Not at bad as NuCountry, but still. I also had that shit crammed down my throat for the entirety of my life and never remember liking it even as a kid. I think my rejection of southern rock actually helped facilitate my expansion into stuff like hardcore because I was looking for it's antithesis
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    See though I don't hear a lot of black ripoff in skynyrd.. I can see your point with like early Beatles stones and Clapton but I don't really see it with skynyrd..
    what's your take on srv btw? You must not be much of a  fan
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Irate on this site means coming up with actual points of discussion
    I post how varied my music taste is, and you're like "doesnt count nerd"
    That wasn't even that varied lol some rap .. :| nigga when I list a genre I actually know the genre not just making it sound like I do
    And you listen to 3 genres
    Alternative 
    rock 
    reggae 
    blues
    tex mex
    country
    metal
    classical
    folk
    americana
    jazz
    avante garde
    glam
    punk
    hardcore
    singer/songwriter
    ska
    hip hop
    industrial
    rap

slut
    inb4lists
    He's respectable. I was actually a fan before I knew who he was because he played on 'Let's Dance' by David Bowie and that was my favorite album when I was 5. I've always thought 'Pride & Joy' was a stellar song, but his version of the Hendrix songs show me how much he *didn't* understand Jimi and I've never heard anything else that really registered a memory. When people tell me he's the greatest blues guitarist that ever lived, it doesn't even compute
    I gotta say that I don't think I'm alone in having issues with music based on it's fanbase. A lot of you guys would never know if a scene core group made a ripping album because of your distaste for the people. I know everyone I ever met that hated Deafheaven mainly didn't like them because they dress like Burton C. Bell circa '98 instead of zombie Forest pirates. I've listened to letlive before and they weren't that bad. People just shit on em cuz Facefuck
    Yea trying to cover Hendrix is just an exercise in futility but the man is at least in the conversation of best all time blues artists.. At the very least he's the best blues guitarist of the last 35 years..

what at about the band ? They have a southern rock vibe but with a little more crunchiness to it.. I think the band is the best southern rock band easily if you throw them in that category(which idk if I do or not)
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    I gotta say that I don't think I'm alone in having issues with music based on it's fanbase. A lot of you guys would never know if a scene core group made a ripping album because of your distaste for the people. I know everyone I ever met that hated Deafheaven mainly didn't like them because they dress like Burton C. Bell circa '98 instead of zombie Forest pirates. I've listened to letlive before and they weren't that bad. People just shit on em cuz Facefuck
    Letlive suck
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Never really paid much attention to them. Tbh, I'm not even much of a fan of Dylan's electric stuff. I think the hippies were right lol. He lost something when he moved on from the solo-acoustic thing
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah I've never heard a letlive song before.
    SATAN said:
    Never really paid much attention to them. Tbh, I'm not even much of a fan of Dylan's electric stuff. I think the hippies were right lol. He lost something when he moved on from the solo-acoustic thing
    Nah the band slays and Dylan's electric stuff rules
    Tho Dylan live with the band is pretty eh.. On cd tho killer
    Btw saying SRV is the best blues guitarist of the last 35 years just means to me he has no competition. Mainly cuz it's a dead genre. Talented players moved on to new things. The essence of the form has long been dead. Like punk, the old stuff wasn't about how well you played, but what you had to say. Son House was an average guitarist, but he's legendary because of the way he put his soul into the songs. You listen to some of that shit and it'll make you cry cuz you can feel the misery he sings it with. That's lost on modern players. They just learn a bunch of standards and the chords and think that's all it's about. The audience is similar because most of them read about the blues instead of living them. I'm not interested in that
    Yeah honestly srv is pretty much the only blues artist I like in that time frame haha but to say he doesn't got heart and soul like the old timers is just straight up wrong on every level.. The ate slept and breathed the blues
    Boomhauer said:
    Yeah I've never heard a letlive song before.
    They have a lot owed to System of a Down. Especially the singer. I hear a lot of Refused and Glassjaw in them as well. I like both of those bands. They seem like they'd rip live
    It's a little strange to me tho that every other genre of music it seems like it is ok for them to have direct influences  in their music but when it came to British Invasion bands you like give them zero credit lol there is as much sabbath In sleep and electric wizard as there is john lee hooker in the stones
    Yeah honestly srv is pretty much the only blues artist I like in that time frame haha but to say he doesn't got heart and soul like the old timers is just straight up wrong on every level.. The ate slept and breathed the blues
    Yeah. I wasn't really talking about him so much as the rest of the blues playing field. SRV has been dead for 25 years and nobody has really picked up the crown since then. Every now and again a Jonny Lang or Kenny Wayne Sheperd will pop up and reinforce my feeling that it's a genre best left in the past
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    SATAN said:
    SATAN said:
    Letlive suck
    Letlive>>>>>Babymetal 
    That's not saying hardly anything, though. 
    inb4lists
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    SATAN said:
    Letlive suck
    Letlive>>>>>Babymetal 
    Nah
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    It's a little strange to me tho that every other genre of music it seems like it is ok for them to have direct influences  in their music but when it came to British Invasion bands you like give them zero credit lol there is as much sabbath In sleep and electric wizard as there is john lee hooker in the stones
    Yeah, but for the most part Sabbath gets the credit instead of Sleep or EW. That wasn't the case with the BI bands. They got all the glory, while the originators faded into obscurity or worse. What's worse is that a lot of them never really let their audience in on what they were doing and kinda played off the ignorance of racist America. 

For instance, if you now had a ton of British rappers coming out now and half the songs on their albums and all the singles they did were covers of American hip hop, people would shit on them. And if it did work, they'd prolly have American rappers opening for them on tour. I don't think the Beatles or the Stones ever subjected their audiences to Howlin' Wolf or Chuck Berry