Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    So your gonna actual sit here with a straight face and say 8 bit goofy video game music is equal to genres like the blues reggae etc? It's gotta be trolling at this point
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    it's all fucking subjective it's art 
    edited June 2015
    Then you can't shit on any song or band because there are no ways to deem one better than the other
    limp bizkit = mozart 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    :-|

Nola irate
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Irate on this site means coming up with actual points of discussion
    If somebody thinks that they're not wrong they're just in the vast minority and I would think they're an idiot. but there's no objective wrong when it comes to taste. plus classical music and modern pop/rock music are so vastly different that making some sort of comparison like that is stupid and it shows you're trying to stretch a stupid argument. 
    I post how varied my music taste is, and you're like "doesnt count nerd"
    edited June 2015
    Not really at all.. There vast differences are arbitrary if you consider all art subjective.. 
    Ultimately I'm not a retard, I understand that there is no literal way of saying one piece of art is any better than another piece.. But based on certain elements we can at least try and breakdown in ways to try and judge to other pieces..you can't say Clifford the big red dog  and war and peace are both free forming pieces of art than both stand on the same pedestal.. It's vital to try and separate pieces of art that are deemed more significant. Significant is a confusing term but ultimately I consider it to mean music that has the power to change people or make them feel an overwhelming sense of connection through that artform
     I consider it to mean music that has the power to change people or make them feel an overwhelming sense of connection through that art form
    which literally any form of music can do depending on the listener 
    That wasn't even that varied lol some rap .. :| nigga when I list a genre I actually know the genre not just making it sound like I do
    That wasn't even that varied lol some rap .. :| nigga when I list a genre I actually know the genre not just making it sound like I do
    And you listen to 3 genres
    BASED said:
     I consider it to mean music that has the power to change people or make them feel an overwhelming sense of connection through that art form
    True . I mean if you break it down some people on drugs can feel that way by just noises and rando sounds lol but there has to be some way to measure it.. In my mind Mac n cheese tastes better than steak but if I walked around saying I'm a pro food critic people would laugh at me.. If it tastes good in my mouth why would that be? Aren't I just as entitled as any one else to sense food tasting good on my taste buds?
    edited June 2015
    And you listen to 3 genres
    Alternative 
    rock 
    reggae 
    blues
    tex mex
    country
    metal
    classical
    folk
    americana
    jazz
    avante garde
    glam
    punk
    hardcore
    singer/songwriter
    ska
    hip hop
    industrial
    rap

BASED said:
    True . I mean if you break it down some people on drugs can feel that way by just noises and rando sounds lol but there has to be some way to measure it.. In my mind Mac n cheese tastes better than steak but if I walked around saying I'm a pro food critic people would laugh at me.. If it tastes good in my mouth why would that be? Aren't I just as entitled as any one else to sense food tasting good on my taste buds?
    yeah, which is why people who take critic's opinions as fact are dumbasses. plus most journalism/criticism is horseshit 
    That's why I tend to get other musicians options rather than strictly just critics.. Because I think the artists themselves have a better understanding of the artform.. And most my tastes line up with a lot of the modern artists you like so much.. If you listened to the influences if your own fav music it would most likely be the music I'm talking about..

regardless i I stand by my assertion that there has to be some measurable aspect to art.. It's not just a coincidence that people who invest more time in an artform become better at that artform and understanding that artform .. Otherwise there is no separation from a musicians of 40 years and a 13 year old girl.. I'm sure they both have music that they feel they connect too but one is still better than the other lol
    I can listen to the artists that inspired the artists I like and understand where the influence comes from but that doesn't mean I have to like that shit. Also yeah obviously somebody who's spent 40 years of music might know more about music than a 13 year old, but that doesn't mean the 13 year old girl isn't entitled to an opinion, or that she doesn't know more about something in music than the old guy, it all depends on where in music the person's focuses are.
    Nah it does mean that.. A 13 yr old doesn't have enough life experiences .. She connects to shitty music because that's all she really can do at that point .. And I don't hold that against her .. But if she's 30 and still listening to that same music I can judge her at that point .. At some point you niggas are gonna need to grow , musically mature..it's just like everything else in life.. If you dressed the same at 50 as you did at 12 people would think you were mentally not there n shit
    i don't think you understand how much music I listen to know that I never thought I'd listen to when I first joined these forums. On top of listening to all kinds of metal that I never thought I'd liked, I listen to hip-hop, pop, jazz, 20th century avant-garde, punk, hardcore, goth, electronic, etc. Just because I haven't expanded my tastes into what you listen doesn't mean I haven't grown. And just because I still listen to shit I listened to 5 years ago doesn't mean I haven't grown. Also fuck off I'ma wear band tees 'til I die. 
    I understand that emotions aren't just translatable to lyrics tho.. Like a ratm lyric can get me pumped but also a crushing riff can do the same thing.. I understand that a lot of the older generation has a harder time with the latter.. But coming from someone who is kinda smack dab in the middle of both I'll tell you that the songs with relatable lyrics will ultimately be more lifelong important.. I've changed my life based on amazing lyrics, I can't say the same for crushing riffs really
    crushing riffs have changed my perception of life, especially reading what inspired people to write music like that.