Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

All hell is about to break loose. (College football news)

Comments

• Auburn, Oregon, and Ohio State are all getting looked at right now, but Ohio State is getting the most attention for obvious reasons.
    Why obvious reasons?
    They're one of the most successful, money-making draws in college football...
    I'm going to law school, bitches!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    so. Auburn broke rules first. seems like you should deal with shit in order. Cam should have been held out of the title game as far as I am concerned.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Auburn, Oregon, and Ohio State are all getting looked at right now, but Ohio State is getting the most attention for obvious reasons.
    Why obvious reasons?
    Because their situation is the biggest shitstorm by far.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Auburn, Oregon, and Ohio State are all getting looked at right now, but Ohio State is getting the most attention for obvious reasons.
    Why obvious reasons?
    Because their situation is the biggest shitstorm by far.
    It's just getting the most attention. Are you aware of the situation at UNC?
    Yes, but North Carolina is not a football school. If they get hammered by the NCAA, the college football landscape isn't changing dramatically.
  • ^I disagree, I think it has a big effect on recruiting. Look how many players they had drafted last year. But I'm a Virginia Tech fan, so I'm slightly ACC biased - that's as bad as it sounds...
    The ACC is a very weak conference in the grander scheme of college football....I think oversigning in the SEC, the best conference in college football, is a much bigger problem that will affect recruiting if measures are taken to fix it.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Oklahoma/thread
  • The ACC is a very weak conference in the grander scheme of college football....I think oversigning in the SEC, the best conference in college football, is a much bigger problem that will affect recruiting if measures are taken to fix it.
    I don't think oversigning is a huge deal, I think it shifts from one conference/team affiliation to another. The SEC just happens to be top-dog lately. It's just more prominent in this era because recruiting stars are more important than actual football prowess.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The SEC has been on the top for awhile now.
  • ShadowsfalliteShadowsfallite Posts: 132
    edited May 2011
    So was the Southwestern Conference...

Aaaaaand peace out Jim Tressel.
    Post edited by Shadowsfallite on
    BULLSHIT!!!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=A9G_XO8ZU.5NcTUAdio5nYcB?slug=ys-cole_bcs_strips_usc_title_060611

fuck the BCS. Every god damn championship team for the last decade on longer has had players taking money. They had ample evidence last year that Newton was receiving money, yet they still awarded him the Heisman and allowed him to play in the championship game. The NCAA is a fucking joke.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    its USC tho sho who gives a fuck lol
    I guess. My loyalty lies with Wazzu, but when that isnt there I typically care about the pac10. Really though... USC is pretty much being unfairly targeted. every school is doing this shit. All of them
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    thats fine with me...i hate USC
  • its USC tho sho who gives a fuck lol
    I guess. My loyalty lies with Wazzu, but when that isnt there I typically care about the pac10. Really though... USC is pretty much being unfairly targeted. every school is doing this shit. All of them
    That's bullshit. USC got caught. They had a player who broke the rules and would've been ineligible if caught while he was in school. But because they had Loic they were "unaware" and were forced to vacate any games he played in. The moral of the story is that if you're going to cheat be like the SEC and don't get caught.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    thats fine with me...i hate USC
    That's bullshit. USC got caught. They had a player who broke the rules and would've been ineligible if caught while he was in school. But because they had Loic they were "unaware" and were forced to vacate any games he played in. The moral of the story is that if you're going to cheat be like the SEC and don't get caught.
    Cam Newton was caught. 100%. the NCAA turned the other way.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Cam Newton was caught. 100%. the NCAA turned the other way.
    i don't know what to make of that situation. i can tell you though that auburn is pretty reviled throughout the south now. when bama and florida won their titles, you could see a lot of bandwagoning going on down here, but not with auburn. people know when something is amiss.

i don't know what to make of that situation. i can tell you though that auburn is pretty reviled throughout the south now. when bama and florida won their titles, you could see a lot of bandwagoning going on down here, but not with auburn. people know when something is amiss.
    It's not a secret what happened because the NCAA ruling was public. They ruled that there is no evidence that CAM knew his dad received 200 grand from Auburn for Cam choosing to go to Auburn. The NCAA ruled that since they dont have evidence that the player himself knew, he can't be penalized for someone doing stuff on his behalf. It was proven fact that Cam's dad received 200 grand from auburn for Cam playing there. fact.

Okay. fine. What evidence do they have that Bush knew where the money was coming from. the precedent is set. As long as the player doesnt see the money changing hands, its okay for a player to play for money if its their agent or dad that is collecting it for them.

Bull-fucking-shit. In truth, I really dont care if players play for money. the NCAA is a gold mind and they should be paying those kids. I'm just pissed how hypocritical they are. If you are going to do that shit to Bush, it should be done to all Heisman winners for the last decade.