Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tattoos? POST EM!

Comments

• SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    So it's ok to put that on over all those lotions and all? I bet that stuff stings what with the bleeding and all lol

It only bleeds for a couple hours after the initial tattooing.

When it scabs over it will get itchy and dont peel the scabs or scratch...

The point of the lotion is to keep it moist[not drenched one drop goes a long way] and when it scabs the lotion kinda breaks up the scab and makes it so it dosnt itch so much...

i put lotion on my tattoos like once ever 3-4 hours...
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Don't do any swimming either
    imageimage
    Don't do any swimming either

This times a million....

you can shower....thats about the most wet you can get it....just try to keep it as dry as you can...
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Ahh ok. How long should I do all of this? 3-4 weeks? Also hoe much did your slipknot tattoo cost? I think I'm getting one a little bit smaller and we're obivously going to different places but I'm just wondering.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    My cradle one on my back cost me 160 total. Hopefully that gives you an idea but it also depends on where you go and if you're getting color or not.
    imageimage
    Ahh ok. How long should I do all of this? 3-4 weeks? Also hoe much did your slipknot tattoo cost? I think I'm getting one a little bit smaller and we're obivously going to different places but I'm just wondering.

my tribal s cost me 40. but thats because i was dating a girl whose brother was a tattoo artist so i really cant give my a estimate on how much yours will be.

and yea its 2-3 weeks....4 weeks if you want to be safe.
    Hmmm. I'm going to a place thats supposedly really good. Ive seen their designs and all and they look nice. I'm hoping it's no more than $150
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Most artists will cater to your budget. In my experience the healing time isn't as long as been posted here. For me I'm usually through with the healing after a week or so. Each person is different though.
    FOr me its 1-2 weeks but i still take care of it a little bit after wards
    Alec: so if i tell them I don't want to spend more than $150 they may cut me a deal? I don't really want to give a maximum amount of money though because then they could keep it pretty close to that like $130-$140 lol

Nick: with aftercare and all, what can sunburn/sun damage do to the tattoo? Does it just look bad or would it cause some type of infection?
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    Wait, so when you say that there shouldn't be swimming or long showers you mean just for the first few weeks?
    Swimming won't be a problem but showers.....ehhhhhh
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    thats why the spongebob tattoo, is good its small. i couldn't go to long without long showers.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    ill be surprised if that S costs more than 120...but then with tip it will probably be like 140-150
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    If I had the money I'd tip a tattoo artist like $1,000. Just to be nice.

Nick: with aftercare and all, what can sunburn/sun damage do to the tattoo? Does it just look bad or would it cause some type of infection?

It can fade the ink. or cause a sunburn, which will make the skin peel and it will look wroonng.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Tattoos I'm getting:

(Don't say shit, because I'm getting them either way sooner or later.)

Behemoth 2 headed Eagle/Phoenix with "Disobedience Has Such A Victorious Taste" on the bottom, and "No Sympathy For Fools" on the top. Upper arm.

Unicursal Hexagram with "As Above" on the top, and "So Below" on the bottom. Gonna get it on my wrist, right below my palm.

Possibly "Death Is A Promise..." on my left forearm, and "And Your Life Is A Fucking Lie." on my right forearm.

"A Voice Is Only A Noise, Without Someone, To Hear". Don't know where.

"The Last Kind Words Ever Said Will Be: You Will Live Below Angels, And Above Beasts." Don't know where.

A Chaos Star with "The Last Request Of My Life Is To Die Killing My Enemies." going around it.

A Cross Of Confusion. But not DevilDriver's logo, I wanna customize it.
    and you said band tattoos were gay as fuck <_>
    No? I said it's stupid to get a band like SlipKnoT, or a "Trendy" band. I'm getting my Behemoth tattoo, but I'm still not getting their name tattooed, 'cause even if I ever stop liking them (Doubtful.) the tattoo still has meaning to me, not just a band tattoo.
    Also, I might stretch up to an inch on my gauges.