Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tattoos? POST EM!

1177178179180181183»

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I mean I honestly don’t care if jobe doesn’t like it. It matters that I love it and I get tons of compliments on it. I mean the dude did great on it and the shadows and line work look great to. I also don’t mind if jobe gives his opinion I am curious lol

Gorgeous piece Marc. The cross guard on the sword holds symmetry top and bottom across the flame shape. That could have gone all wonky very easily. The chin holds the same shape both sides. The symmetry fucks. The hair peaks come together in points, neither over extending or failing to connect. That smooth thick line on the top knuckle and finger gives me wood. One line on the pearl button thing doesn’t quite touch, really bad to look for that one. Spotted the line on the pinky that doesn’t quite touch right away. Took a second for me to see that it was the pinky knuckle bump behind the tip of the flame, my eye was drawn to it as a possible outline fuck up but I see what it is now. Outline of the pupils could be smoothed out some, those are the only existing lines that really bother me, but there isn’t much room to hide if you start building those lines up more. They meet up quite well though, hard to tell where the circular line starts and where it comes back together and ends. There’s a certain amount of guess work where the needle is because of how the ink puddles up when it hits the skin, and there is some slight wiggle room in the top of the tube so you can’t see exactly where the needle is once it makes contact with the skin, and it’s easy to leave overlapping marks where everything should meet back up. That’s why you see so many lines that don’t meet or extend too far. The struggle is real. A quick touch up may not be necessary but if your getting more done then I’d probably go for it. 

The real star of this show is the color saturation though. That shit is on point. The color is packed in there masterfully. It’s impressive. Being such a flat image kinda makes it harder because there are no peaks or valleys, shaded or contoured areas to give texture. No place to break it up. It’s just got be packed in there evenly and consistently, no streaks, no spots lighter or darker, complete coverage.  

This is one of the best I’ve seen posted here. 

Pass the god damn butter.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Still needs 1 more session for shading, tiny bit more lining, and lil bit of color. First ever leg piece tho.

Dime2 said:
    Can you quack like a duck when we fuck 

Update on the giant full torso piece. So primary coloring for the full thing was finished as of the session at the end of December, now we’re basically in the “mastering” process lmao, bolding outlines, blending additional coloring, whites, etc. Today we did the top left quarter of it (Your top right in the picture.) and it’s already popping so much fucking more. Excited to finish this for real.

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Dude that looks sick 
    Love the contrast those bold lines give. And you know how much I love my lines. 

This one is my favorite. It’s consistent. It’s thick, smooth, and even. This is what I been talking about. Finally lol. 

Love the contrast those bold lines give. And you know how much I love my lines. 

This one is my favorite. It’s consistent. It’s thick, smooth, and even. This is what I been talking about. Finally lol. 

Idk what part of this you’re specifically referring to cause that’s a pretty big range lmao but damn near the entire left side of this from essentially the exact mid point was completely untouched at this session. So you’ll also notice there’s those messy splotches where ink fell out on the left that he needs to retouch. Completely my own fault cause I let it get too dry in the healing process which has never happened before and it cracked and scabbed and straight fell out at parts. He wasn’t too happy about that at all lmao but what can you do. But that and everything else on that side/quarter will be finalized at this next session.
    Line in the center coming down from the right side of the face. It’s smooth and even like it was drawn with a fat sharpie tip at an exact angle. All bold and solid. No wobbles. Lines meet up and end exactly where they are meant to. They don’t stop short and they don’t over extend. Not all lines look like that and I hope to god you fucks finally see what I’ve been on about. 

We are zoomed all the way in here boys and that center line still looks solid af. That’s money. 

Looks like a little wobble there 
    Naw that’s intentional, each “sector” of the headdress has a ridge at the end, he did the same on the other side.
    Finished the phoenix today, this turned out fucking insane. This will eventually wrap around to the front for a full calf sleeve, getting some stained glass in the front, but for now it’s a hard ass standalone piece.

Fucking weird domino effect pain wise. The calf itself is very mild as far as the actual live process, but this is prolly the worst after pain I’ve ever had. The direct calf feels like normal, that irritated sunburn feeling, but my thigh and lower back are completely cramped and locked up. It is literally hard to stand right now. And those 2 areas weren’t stabbed whatsoever. Shit is weird as fuck.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I had to lay in a weird position when I had my calf done. It was fucking miserable at about the 4 hour mark but it was about a 5 hour tattoo so it wasn't terrible. 

That step out of bed the next day is not something I've forgotten though lol