Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Idk if they should go for a trilogy
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Lol another batsman trilogy 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Went and saw Annabelle: Creation last night and it was pretty fucking good. Definitely recommended.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    IT was such a fun movie. Really exceeded expections. The cast is absolutely fantastic! 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Can't wait to peep
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Waiting for IT to start.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    edited September 2017
    IT was really good
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I think its funny that the people on FB who say they didn't like IT because "It wasn't that scary", their only actual reason is basically because there aren't more jump scares. Which I get if you've never read it. IT is one of my all time favorite novels, and Pennywise is imo, the greatest horror "villain" ever thought up. The film was as honest yo the book as possible without showing the child sex stuff, which I get cause it would catch an NC-17 rating. Bill Skarsgard did a phenomenal job, and he'll get put up with the all time greats if the second film does well. 
    inb4lists
    I was really pleasantly surprised. I was worried they were going to jumpscare it up, but they kept it authentic and genuinely creepy. It was funny, it was scary, it was sad and emotional. The kid actors were all great, which was a nice surprise, and you're right Skarsgard nailed Pennywise. My only complaint was the use of a lot of CGI, but at least the CGI looked good for the most part. 
    I'm 50-50 on the movie. Visually it looked great, but I'm not crazy about the story telling so far. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    IT SPOILERS

I thought the movie was ok. The kids were fantastic. I was afraid that the movie wouldnt have enough time to explore the Losers Club friendship and show HOW they bonded and became so close. Fortunately the chemistry between the group was so good that this wasnt really a problem. The kids were funny when they were supposed to be funny, and the awkward teenage crush scenes between Beverly and the boys were done really welll.

I thought the horror aspects were garbage. This is some of the worst CGI I have ever seen for a high budget horror film. I prefer practical effects in my horror films and am very against CGI, but i can at least understand that its the preferred medium in hollywood. But it was done so poorly at points that it broke my suspension of disbelief. Even the best scene in the movie (slideshow scene in the garage) was given a subpar payoff due to crappy CGI.

I thought Pennywise did ok. The opening scene was a work of art. His ticks, change of tone every couple words, etc made it really feel like an interdimensional monster trying to convince a little kid he is a clown. After that though, the rest of the Pennywise scenes seemed bland.
    The little nods to the original movie and some of the foreshadowing done was amazing as well. It was a great film except when it came to the actual horror.
    Creepiest part for me was spotting the original Pennywise. Opening scene was very good, but I had a few problems with it. The music change. They fucked up the beginning whole "do they float" balloon conversation. And as good as all those little ticks were in the opening conversation, at no point did it seem like a friendly clown a little kid would stop to talk to once you got a good look at him. 

To be fair, Georgie did get visibly uneasy as the conversation went on. 
    edited September 2017
    Jobe said:
     at no point did it seem like a friendly clown a little kid would stop to talk to once you got a good look at him. 

really my only complaint about Pennywise. I thought he was overall really creepy, especially with how he moved. 

But yea I agree with the CGI. Like it "looked" good, it didnt look as fake as most CGI. But it was by far the worst part. Especially CGI blood, gross.  Practical >

But I thought the scares were there. They just weren't jumpscare bullshit. But like all the different monsters he turned into were cool, the way they played into all their fears, and those fuckin teeth were nasty. The bathroom scene was cool. 
    My friend was pretty freaked, because he has a phobia of clowns, creepy dolls, and creepy singing children and the movie had all three lol
    I thought the CGI looked horrible. The opening scene and slideshow scene specifically. It looked good at the end scene in the sewer but that was it.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Rutabaga said:
    I thought the CGI looked horrible. The opening scene and slideshow scene specifically. It looked good at the end scene in the sewer but that was it.
    Was pretty decent for a tight budget of 35 million. I'm sure they will have a big time budget for the sequel.

A lot of good stuff had to be cut cause of the budget which sucks.