Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    winds up costing me like 70 bucks for me my wife and my son which kinda sucks....alot of cash for a fucking movie
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    edited July 2017
    Rutabaga said:
    Nah. I was honestly disappointed with it. 
    I was pleasantly surprised. I like how vunerable Peter was and how he lacked confidence. Yet was still witty and charasmatic. Easily the best Peter Parker we've seen.

I also really liked the plot and how much it tied into the MCU. The easter eggs were dope and not shoved in like the Garfield movies 
    Im conflicted... On one hand he nailed the personality 100%. He's awkward and quirky, and never shuts up cracking jokes... But he was WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to reliant on Stark. Way too reliant. Woulda liked to see HIS gadgets and inventions. And HIS intelligence. He was also super clusmy, falling down a lot, running through shit. Idk, im really mixed. I dont think he actually threw a punch at Vulture.

The easter eggs were rad though, and well placed. 

I disliked May, Flash, and Michelle too. 

Vulture was fucking rad though. I actually liked his changes. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Gary said:
    winds up costing me like 70 bucks for me my wife and my son which kinda sucks....alot of cash for a fucking movie
    Especially when buying the bluray + dinner out would cost the same, if not less. 
    inb4lists
    Cost me $5 for a ticket $4 for a drink today 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Cost me 40 bucks for 2 tix, 2 drinks, and a popcorn
    we get the 3d..that's a few bucks more than standard...popcorn and soda 15 bucks..lol..they gave us an extra cup by mistake today
    Single lyfe movie going >
    to each their own bro
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    LOL at ASM over Homecoming 

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Nothing wrong with being single and all, but tbh going to movie theaters solo isn't very fun.
    inb4lists
    They really arent that bad all things considered. 2 is a cluttered mess. But one is fine for following Raimi's. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Rutabaga said:
    I was pleasantly surprised. I like how vunerable Peter was and how he lacked confidence. Yet was still witty and charasmatic. Easily the best Peter Parker we've seen.

I also really liked the plot and how much it tied into the MCU. The easter eggs were dope and not shoved in like the Garfield movies 
    Im conflicted... On one hand he nailed the personality 100%. He's awkward and quirky, and never shuts up cracking jokes... But he was WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to reliant on Stark. Way too reliant. Woulda liked to see HIS gadgets and inventions. And HIS intelligence. He was also super clusmy, falling down a lot, running through shit. Idk, im really mixed. I dont think he actually threw a punch at Vulture.

Ehh its essentially his origin story. I dont have a problem with him fumbling and being kind of a shit hero. Thats part of the reason i like the movie so much. In the other 2 series we get a 1 minute comedic scene of them failing at webslinging or parkouring and then its all good. It makes sense for him to be a little inexperienced still.
    Rutabaga said:
    Rutabaga said:

Ehh its essentially his origin story. I dont have a problem with him fumbling and being kind of a shit hero. Thats part of the reason i like the movie so much. In the other 2 series we get a 1 minute comedic scene of them failing at webslinging or parkouring and then its all good. It makes sense for him to be a little inexperienced still.
    He's obviously been at it a while though. I mean he already kicked ass in Civil War. He wasnr fumbling around fighting Antman. Just felt weird  cuz Spidey's fighting style is usually more graceful
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    We need a MCU thread so there aren't so many spoilers getting dropped in this thread.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I dont feel like anything real spoilerish was said
    Depends on how blind you try to go into it and how much more it gets discussed. No major spoilers yet, but still. You hated Flash before you even saw it. I didn't know it was supposed to be Flash until they used his name. I much preferred it that way. Bitching about "too much Stark" (agreed BTW) could be a spoiler for anybody who didn't expect Stark to be in it, or know how much he may be in it etc. 

Besides, there is enough content and discussion for them to be a stand alone thread anyway.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I avoided this thread until I saw it
    Same, but that's hard if you can't see it right away. I made a thread. We need a spot for Easter Egg discussion and the like anyway.
    George Romero died :(