Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The healthcare reform debate thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    the car insurance comparison is a good one
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    if people wanna do that then theres other countries you can go to and theyll make you all comfy and give you a nice drink of strong sleep meds
    imageimage
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    I makes me laugh when people say the government wants you dead. No they don't, you're the one paying them taxes!
    i just watched this show on conspiracies and secret government societies and im pretty sure were all puppets
    imageimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Also to add to my statement. Lower quality in health care and people will have no incentive to keep themselves healthy if the government is paying the bill we as a country will continue to get fatter and fatter because when insurance chooses people and how much they pay people that are fat have a higher bill and a lot more doctor visits forcing many of them to get healthy.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    The government isn't going to cover you're whole bill, some of it you have to pay for.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    A lot of butthurt is in this thread lawl

• 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    The one thing that I really don't like about it is that the government is forcing people to buy insurance or else they will face a fine. If they can force you to buy health insurance, just imagine what else they may try to force on you in the future. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want health insurance, but it's their choice. The government has no constitutional right to force people to buy health insurance.
    is this like a one time fine though?
    imageimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "if people wanna do that then theres other countries you can go to and theyll make you all comfy and give you a nice drink of strong sleep meds"

You can do that in Oregon!

"Also to add to my statement. Lower quality in health care and people will have no incentive to keep themselves healthy if the government is paying the bill we as a country will continue to get fatter and fatter because when insurance chooses people and how much they pay people that are fat have a higher bill and a lot more doctor visits forcing many of them to get healthy."

The incentive to stay healthy is to keep living...

I don't think there would be a sharp rise in obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    IMO, it'll be good to finally have some sort of health insurance. For those who think that people who don't have health insurance are lazy, think again. I was injured w/ my leg and have been on crutches. Before that I was working 2 jobs. I went doc to doc and they won't do shit cause of no health insurance. I can't get medicaid cause I don't have kids, can't get off crutches and walk cause no doc will help me w/out health insurance, and can't even get prescriptions cause the ones to help my pain will put me so far into debt.

Now, Shane and me don't have combined income, I'm working to pay off my place. I got laid off from the 1 job cause of crutches and no one will hire me cause of being disabled (it's considered a great liability to companies around here, I got told by one during an interview). Now, should I be punished because I paid all my taxes, chose birth control over making tax payers pay for me to have kids, and work while in pain? No insurance company (even ones who say they take prior conditions) will take me cause of how expensive it would be to "help" me have a chance to fully walk again. So, I'd gladly pay money to get insurance to help me walk again. Fuck, I've considered moving to Canada or at least taking a vacation next year to see if their healthcare would help me if I moved there.
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    No, every year you go without having insurance you get fined. Supposedly, year by year the fine will increase.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "The one thing that I really don't like about it is that the government is forcing people to buy insurance or else they will face a fine. If they can force you to buy health insurance, just imagine what else they may try to force on you in the future. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want health insurance, but it's their choice. The government has no constitutional right to force people to buy health insurance."

I like the car insurance point here too. The notion that the government is always trying to screw the people out as much as possible is ridiculous.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'm tired of handouts in this country people are getting
    more and more lazy because they can manipulate the system and get money out of the government. And as this happens we go into debt more. All this handout shit needs to
    end no obamacare. No welfare, no unemployment for ridiculous amounts of time. I may be alone on this but I don't give a fuck. I have a sense of pride and I'm
    not a lazy fuck I do what I have to to survive and get by others can do the same.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    "i just watched this show on conspiracies and secret government societies and im pretty sure were all puppets"

sometimes I think that we are all controlled by someone else.

kinda like the sims
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    such long posts
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Women lie, men lie, numbers don't lie.

• MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    I agree with Judy. My mom and my sister aren't lazy people, they work their asses off. But they don't have health care.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    maybe the US should be like china and have population control
    imageimage
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    edited March 2010
    actually numbers can lie
    false reports etc,

Bianca: we don't have 2 billion people though