Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Office soap Opera

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    nancy is out this week so its basically just me playing pokemon unite this week lol.

I want to make sales calls but i hate doing them so close to Christmas. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm the top producer for my branch year round but the week before Christmas through New years day I do absolutely zero work lmao. This year I took the week off but I usually just watch YouTube videos all day
    yup lol. I just know myself and i hate getting those calls around Christmas. 

Im just kind of waiting it out before i hit it hard come 1/1
    Karen came in today and we disagreed on something, and she demanded I either meet privately and when i wouldn't she sent me home for the day. 

Plus, the conference room isn't private, so I told her she could talk to me at my desk. 

She wants us to issue other agents policies when they are out there. I told her I didn't think I should have to issue a policy that I didn't quote and that I don't get paid on. 

Also, there can be underwriting issues when you issue other people's stuff because you don't know what questions they have asked. 

I've just never done it, and don't really want to. I didn't even tell her I wouldn't. Infact, we disagreed earlier in the morning about calling people. I told her I don't like to call before 11 because people don't answer, and they don't check VM. But I did it anyways. 

she just wanted it issued on her book for 2023, and to me that's not really ethical. If i issue a policy for another agent, and there is an E&O issue because that agent didnt ask the right questions, thats an issue for me because my license is on that application. 

fuck man. Then when she sent me home she stood over me behind me at my desk while i packed up my stuff. I had to ask her to give me some space because i felt like she was breathing on me she was so close lol. 

I never thought i could go from one unhealthy workplace to another, but here we are lol. At least shes only in my office once every two weeks. fucking cunt
    Yeah definitely
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    MU knows the shit must flow, but the system stopped flowing 2 days before Christmas even though the pumps were still feeding into the system. Me and first shift told the new bosses what it was (system is plugged up or blocked) but they waited a week to do anything about it. (I was on Christmas vacation lol) When they finally got around to opening up the system to check out what was going on, it was indeed plugged (a rotted chunk of metal fell off inside a tank and plugged the discharge pipe) they moved the blockage, didn’t remove it just slid it over) and they restart the system. It runs like shit. First shift tells em the vaccum pump system (pulls gas vapors like methane from the water) isn’t working right but the new boss doesn’t listen. He said he checked the pump and it was running.  New boss thinks the system will straighten it self out given time so they run it as is for a week. They never ask another question about it. All week the water going out is literally 8 times as dirty than when it entered the system (gas bubbles make the dirty settled stuff float over with the clean water) Probably costing 20-30k extra a day. Nothing improves. Talked to first shift this morning and showed him test results that pretty much confirmed his theory about the vacuum pumps and the gas not being removed from the system. Boss who checked the pump is on vacation (he needs a break, he’s stressed out lmao) so first shift goes out and takes a look. Vacuum pump was still running but the pipe to it collapsed due to another blockage. 

25 years experience between me and first shift running this dump and they just don’t fucking listen. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    year end review day!

idk why i get one when i started in Sept lol

Im just gonna do my best to keep my mouth shut and nod. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I hope you destroy her. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So uh Rex did you lose your appeal you’ve been quiet about this 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i sent everything in to be added to my employee file. I discussed it with HR, and decided not to take it further. 

Since then, me and my boss have both kind of hit reset on our relationship. I just nod my head when shes here, which is once every 2 weeks, with the occasional hour stop in on her off weeks. Shes been nice to me ever since. 

She's actually being really responsive and wanting me to get out of the office to market now, and i heard threw the grape vine that HR got on her about letting people get out of the office to market, so she is on board with that now. She just wants me to have it on the schedule or whatever. Which is fine. Ill do a couple blocks during the week. 

Im just basically going to appease her when shes here and then do it my way when shes not lol.

Ive already sold more policies than any agent in the office for the month of January, so im on track. 
    Our company uses surveys a ton for data. So i take everyone because i know they are reviewed and i always put in there that my boss is disconnected for the process you are training us to do, so i think thats played a part in it too. 
    Had to talk Mario off a ledge this morning. 

He had a freak out last night and thought he didn't write a policy right. woke up in the middle of the night and had an anxiety attack and was freaking out when he came in. 

I pulled up the policy and read the Underwriting manual for him. I knew the coverage but i always like to double check before i say things out loud. 

Everything is going to be covered for his friend. This dud could barely breath though. He was freaking. I explained to him that its a tough business, and that i have done the exact thing. He doesn't want to mess anyones stuff up. 

I just told him that hes an agent, but that the client signs the application. Its your job to explain the application, but its their job to understand and ask any questions they have before they sign it. And that he just has to learn to be sure of himself with the coverages and write down all the things he wants to discuss with a client before they come in.

He is really not cut out for this business but im trying to help him out. Good dude. 
    Hes our token black guy. 

Started just before me and been training with me this whole time.

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Like we know who Mario is. 
    Hes Italian
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    I thought he was a plumber