Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Office soap Opera

Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,458 spicy boy
With the shenanigan's at this place i figured i better make a thread. Today my tire was flat, so i was 25 minutes late because i was getting my valve stem fixed. 

She drove 45 minutes to have a sit down meeting to tell me that is technically not allowed any unplanned absences the first 90 days lol.   She said if it happens before those are up, i could have some issues. I straight up asked if she wanted to see the receipt and she said that wasn't the issue. I basically laughed at her and said that if this company is going to get rid of people for things they can't control that they will lose a lot of good people. 

She said that im just making sure you know the policy, and i told her i do understand it. There was nothing i could do. She then told me an example of an unexcused absence would be if i broke my arm and had to get a cast. "there is no such thing as getting it excused. 

Lmao. I told her straight up if i broke my arm and got fired for not making it in before getting my cast, they would have legal issues. She told me they wouldn't and i told her we didn't need to bicker but that i knew the law lol. I would get it excused by a doctor. 

I told her at the end that i understand the company policy, and i understand the law as well. If you want to fire me for something i can't control, i literally do not care. Ill get another job lol. 

She's trying to intimidate  me and i wont have that boi

Comments

• Options
    She told me i should have left my car at the tire place and gotten a ride because i was 25 minutes late lmao.

I literally laughed at her and said im an adult and asking someone to get a ride because they were going to  be a few minutes late one time is completely unreasonable lmao. 
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,464 moneytalker
    This thread is gon get gud. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    She sounds like a cunt 
  • Options
    She is. My entire dating life has prepared me for this moment. 
  • Options
    This thread is gon get gud. 
    I just honestly love my place in life right now. 

Freedom from that other cancer job, and getting my license just gave me such a relief. I know I can sell, so I literally do not car if they want to be cunts lol. 

Ima just get high, and chill. If they don't like it I'll go somewhere else
  • Options
    ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Jesus Christ what a great environment
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,542 spicy boy
    She sounds like a great boss
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Thankfully, Her main office is a 45 minute drive and were just a satellite office that i don't believe she really cares about. She doesn't come here much, but there are two new people so shes stopping by. 

I know how to deal with people like her. I laid down my boundaries and expectations. Shes a micro manager, so what you do with them is you overcommunicate things so they feel like they are in control. 

So when she's not here i send morning updates about what im doing ect. give her this false sense that she is on top of me. 

I have had other people tell me she butts in while you are with clients though. I can't deal with people fucking with my money so ill be finding a new place ASAP. 

Until then daily updates from office soaps. 
  • Options
    I literally could not feel less stressed about it though. I feel like Antonio brown running around the back yard after leaving the last office lol.
  • Options
    =))))))) yesterday we had a blow up about the thermostat. 

Nancy always shows up early, and it feels like it is to blast the heat lol. Anyways, she went to lunch, and Dana turned the ac on because it was 76 in here. Nancy came back from lunch and immediately said "WHO turned the air on." Dana just told her that she thought 76 was too hot for everyone. 

Nancy claims Dana "took a tone" with her, and left for the afternoon lmao. She also said that we should discuss it before touching it, which she never does. 

I mostly just sit back and laugh. 

I just don't get why you would act that way over the temperature. Like she's almost 60.  Were a small office of 5 people currently when our boss isn't here. Why divide a line like that. She is on Facebook all the time though and always talking about tabloid news, so that part makes sense. 

bitch left work over the thermostat. =))))))))))
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    So like clearly im playing a game with dumb bitches who haven't realized im smarter than them. 

So Karen (my boss) got all up my ass about being 25 minutes late because i got up to a flat tire/broken tire stem. 

She has 30 employees so i get she has to make sure i know the policy. 8-|

Bitch doesn't even explain the policy correctly. Im smarter, so im reading the employee handbook from front to back, and right in there it says that employees can make up time from being tardy by either being early or staying late. 

I can't wait to get a code to the building security so i can just be like "ill make it up tomorrow morning"
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,405 spicy boy
    Not to hijack your thread but I might be leaving my place of work soon its been a mess. They hired a bunch of newbie bankers to train for the upcoming new branch in my town. The newbies consists of:

A 60 year old guy who is computer illiterate. Like needs help logging into his email. Cannot do basic teller transactions after 2 months. Teller transactions are no harder than working the register at a fast food joint.

A 23 year old former fast food employee and this is her first banking job. She could actually be decent but she's so timid and scared to talk to anyone so she just sits at her desk.

A 40 year old Karen who tries and tells me how to do my job already.

I have my own desk at work with a direct phone number to reach me, cabinets with hundreds of files I've collected over 4 years, etc. We don't have room for all these new employees to have their own desks at my branch, and my manager's bright idea is that we rotate desks and I basically have to get rid of everything and I will also no longer have a phone number that my clients can reach me directly at :| because it's "not fair to the new people"

They also want me and the other veteran banker to be the front desk greeter while the newbies sit at our desks and do the banker position :|

My jimmies are rustled because I've closed on tens of millions of dollars in loans since I started and I'm basically being lumped in with a bunch of newbies off the street and basically being told to take turns doing my job. I literally have multiple people a day that specifically call me or come see me to get a loan. "Sorry, I'm the front desk secretary today. I can't help you" shit pisses me off
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Yeah I'd be irate af
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,464 moneytalker
    Same boat here. May be done here very soon. 

New supervisor is trying to tough talk me and I won’t have it. We have some training due in December that they are on my ass to finish. It’s due in December. First two emails he told me to start it immediately, then that “I want this finished this week.”

I replied “That’s no way to talk to people. It’s due in December, a lot can happen between now and then.”

Today he replied “I didnt talk to you any type of way. This is the task being required of you. I set the expectation as your Supervisor. Finish it or we can go to HR on Tuesday.”

I replied with “I guess I’m ok with HR then. Let’s do it.”
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,542 spicy boy
    The shit must flow
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Fuck Jobe I'm the same bro. Fuck you I won't do what you tell me 
  • Options
    I'm having a shit week at work.
    They recently announced they were sending 80 staff from NZ to Las Vegas in February 2023 for a conference.
    I have the largest book of business in our branch and I'm smashing my budget this year...I was convinced i would be chosen to go on this trip out of our 800 staff. 

This week 5 people in our branch are named to go to Vegas...and I'm not one of them.
    They all handle less work than me and their results aren't as good.
    The Branch Director calls me aside...hey dude.... you met the criteria for Vegas but...(and I interrupt him)....its because I'm a contractor right ? Yes... I'm right. Because I'm not an employee I'm a contractor.

I felt deflated 

I get that. Contractors are not staff and are not employees. I get paid based on what I charge out... so i am not entitled to bonuses or incentives or rewards etc. I get that. They just should have spelt it out to me earlier if I wasn't eligible for the trip to Vegas.

I guess everyone likes to be acknowledged for the effort they put in and after working for this company for 20 years I now realize I am purely independent and not part of the team and I am not treated in the same regard (and yet they earn a shit ton of money off the work I do which makes our branch director look good).

So...if that's how they wanna play ball cool. 
    If they wanna treat me as a contractor then they can no longer treat me as an employee when it suits them...so in future...

* no more business shirts and trousers like the staff...I go to work in jeans and t shirts and trainers
    * no more after hours phone calls as the "on call duty broker" when my rotation comes up
    * no more attending weekly sales meetings 
    * no more attending all staff quarterly head office zoom meetings 
    * no more doing peer reviews of other staff files to make sure they meet our work standards 
    * no more helping with mentoring and training new staff or helping with queries from inexperienced staff

Fuck them.