Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Office soap Opera

Comments

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I realise it sounds petty and sulky but I've been busting my ass for this company for 20 years and apart for the way I'm paid I am effectively an employee....obviously they don't see me the same way so that's cool ... as long as I know where I stand that's fine 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Git ‘em Gnomie. These hoe’s ain’t loyal. Treat em as such. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    You guys don’t know this, but I can be a stubborn ass sometimes. Anytime I’ve ever been presented with the choice of “do this or else”, I will choose “or else” almost 100% of the time. 
    i am 100% the same way lol
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    My boss is a micro managing dick head too. So everytime he starts yelling about something that doesn't matter I pull a Stone Cold and just start screaming "WHAT?" over him until he gets frustrated and goes away. We used to butt heads and argue all the time until I started doing that. He literally has no defense or retort for it and winds up getting mad and going away lol best part is my.coworkers think it's hilarious so hard of them do it too
    Gnomez said:
    I realise it sounds petty and sulky but I've been busting my ass for this company for 20 years and apart for the way I'm paid I am effectively an employee....obviously they don't see me the same way so that's cool ... as long as I know where I stand that's fine 
    totally get your stance though. They can't have it both ways. 

i have a draw, but im technically a completely commissioned employee. Thats why it irks me that my boss wants to have say about how i go out and sell. 

If i need you, ill contact you. Otherwise stay the fuck out of my way while i become the highest selling agent here. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    You guys don’t know this, but I can be a stubborn ass sometimes. Anytime I’ve ever been presented with the choice of “do this or else”, I will choose “or else” almost 100% of the time. 
    YOU!? STUBBORN!? nah
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited October 2022
    Gnomez said:
    Why have you been a contractor for 20 years? Is it more beneficial to you or was that a restriction imposed by the company? 
    Post edited by FIRENATHANIELHACKETT on
    edited October 2022
    Def more beneficial for me. I don't get sick leave or annual leave (or recognized obviously for my results) but income-wise I am paid a hell of a lot more than I would as a salaried employee 
    Email from the Stupidvisor said HR meeting is now set for Tuesday morning. 

Cool, cool.  

Just spent 2 hours throwing up a email of my own, basically says “hey, is who I’m am, these are my credentials and what I’ve done for the company, and this is how things are” email to his boss at corporate. 

It got auto flagged 😂

I had to clean it up a bit and resend it. 

Guess we can’t say “shit” in an email, or at least not to corporate.  
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Fuck their assess. Make them humble. 
    lol fuck 😂

TL;DR version - work email went up 6 corporate levels, destroyed the new supervisor in the HR meeting
    edited October 2022
    @Jobe_Wan_Kenobi great work! Did it feel like you were throwing jabs at the little fella and getting him right on the nose and point scoring every time ? #winning
    It felt like a fist fight with a fifth grader. He wasn’t ready. I felt a little bad, but he asked for it. It was his idea to go up there with me. I left the meeting all fired up like my team won the championship game afterwards though. Pretty sure Jake did not, although I haven’t talked to anyone else who shares a shift with him yet. 

It’s kinda scary how much the email escalated though. It seemed very well received, and hopefully I get a fat wage increase along with the other couple of guys I went to bat for, but everyone is so fucking terrified of corporate. Maybe they know something I don’t. Or maybe they are just pussies lol. So far so good though. I definitely feels less burdened by all the bullshit and drama now too, so that helps. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I read all that
    I skimmed it
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?