Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Office soap Opera

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah. She already asked me to supply receipts for everything including stuff under the corporate policy threshold. 

I basically told her no lol. 

So Tomorrow morning I am going to go in and set up an expense report for my mileage and dinner which I have them for. 

Then a second one with all my ones I don't need a receipt for. Then I'm going to call HR and file a complaint on her lol 
    I talked to multiple people at the headquarters. They basically said "don't quote me because I dont want my name said to your boss, but sometimes the regional bosses ask, but the policy is no receipt lol" 
    Im setting up interviews for next week. 

I Like AAA and their products. but man i just can not see coexisting with my boss. 

Im supposed to be quoting and selling kind of now. My 4 month ramp up hasn't started, but it counts towards it if i do sell. So i mentioned to my boss how i had already started working on 3-4 leasing agent contacts at apartment complexes. 

This was her exact email to me. 

"Thanks John.

Please be sure to obtain preapproval from me before going out to do any marketing. There needs to be specifics around what that looks like, but I’m excited to see how it goes. Let me know when you would like to go out, so we can get it on the calendar."

Like, that isn't how it works. I just sat in a two day class for the company at their headquarters that taught me how they want me to prospect. They basically said "figure out what works best for you, and do it." so my plan was to spend 1-2 days a week prospecting, and being consistent with visiting people. 

With sales, its all about just connecting with people. You cant give up after 3 tries. Most contacts at places like car dealerships, apartment complexes, ect. Basically anywhere where you need insurance, you have to visit them a minimum of 5 times before they send stuff your way. 

Im going to track where i go, and my time, but fuck off if you think im going to get it approved because you want to micro manage me.  

anyways, im trying to play softball here. I act like what she has to say is important to her lol. But ill seriously go across the street and then sell over there. 

So today i am calling employee relations to see what there policy is on time reporting for prospecting because i cant trust anything she says. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    She sounds like a MLM Hun, but for insurance. She wants credit or a cut. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    My boss is a cunt, but she doesn't give a fuck if we go do sales calls. As long as it's not a day where a ton of my coworkers are off for the day and they need me to stay in and handle walk ins and answer phones I can just grab my keys and leave. 

You're exactly right too most prospects, especially businesses to businesses like you're doing, won't give you their business after one visit. It's crazy your boss doesn't see that
    yeah. I was at the headquaters in detroit and the main teach basically told me that if i really want it i have to go, and keep going over and over to people. 

You have to make it more than a business transaction for them to want to send people your way. 
    So regarding the 5 breakfasts and 3 lunches i didn't keep a receipt for. here is the response i got from HR lol.

the travel department also ok'd the reimbursement for the receipts that i didn't need lol. 

*bart scott can't wait meme* to forward that e-mail and my expense report lol

edited December 2022
    I followed the policy exactly to how im supposed to, and im over here having anxiety over submitting an expense report for it. I did it anyways.

The corporate world be on some BS man. 

Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on
    her response 

"

John,

I will go ahead and approve this as I definitely don’t want people out of pocket for this stuff.

Please be careful when submitting expense reports as you had two dinners listed for 12/6, and I didn’t catch that. One of them was actually for 12/8.

Also – I looked at the lunch menu at the Henry. Their sandwiches are around $16. Again – I’ll go ahead and approve it, but going forward you will need to keep all receipts, even if they are under $25.00.

Thanks John."

1. I didn't have a sandwich, I ate across the street, where it was 8 bucks, but I know you'd check so I told you I ate at the hotel. 

2. The policy is no receipt bitch. I won't need them lol. 

I'll just claim slightly less than the limit so it doesn't look weird. 

19.89 in mcdonalds for me for breakfast. Lmao

Brooo this bitch is checking menus of places you went on your expense report? She fucking hates your guts lmaoooo what a twat
    Over 16 dollars?!?! 
    Yeah i know. She is such a cunt. 

Ive got a few interviews next week lol
    Blizzard warning starts at 4 pm. Were supposed to get up to 2 feet of snow between now and saturday. 

News says roads "may become impassible"

Boss this morning -

Good morning. I’ve received word that all Michigan branches/offices will be open tomorrow. Please plan accordingly, giving yourself extra time in the morning to arrive at the office on time, BUT BE CAREFUL!!

I also want to be sure everyone has my cell phone. Please call or text me if needed.

ill be using that cell phone to call in tomorrow, but if i can im gonna try and make it. Im pretty hype about this storm lol. 

office is closed B)
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Fuck today sucked. I work outside now and the dude bitched at the end of the day today because we didn't "pick up garbage." Like, suck my dick nigga I'll pick it up when it's not a literal fucking blizzard out 
    Yeah fuck that. He probably deserved the hard R for that one. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    I'm in training and he's supposed to sign off on my shit in two weeks and he's been throwing out some petty shit about "idk if I can certify you if you wanna be lazy" like dude all our work is outside and it's a literal blizzard. Am I supposed to root through snow for garbage to throw out after you wasted a half hour harassing the polish guy trying to milk the clock? Luckily, my supervisor is a divorced 40 something chunky white broad, which is somewhat a specialty of mine, and I guess she's been hinting at some of the old heads she wants to smash this young Arab stallion who just got hired  so something tells me I'm passing even if he wants to cry about dumb shit lmao 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    My dispatcher with my company is named Becky, and lives up to the name. Haven't been too upset about it because they keep me moving and have compensated me very well for breakdowns/layovers, but it's annoying how she bitches about not communicating every little thing to her immediately but then acts annoyed when I do.

Anyways, thursday night they wanted me to bring a load down from Worcester MA to Mechanicsburg PA, while the storm was sitting in PA and moving up right along my route. I call and say I can't move myself so far away from home into a storm going into Christmas weekend, she says rejecting the load will count as a call-out, even if I work locally through friday. Whatever, I'll do that. Bring a load up from CT to the terminal in Maine that night.

50mph wind gusts and rain up in Maine friday morning. Whatever, I hook to my heavy-ass trailer and send it back down to Worcester. Have to go slow the whole way cuz of the wind but it's doable. Drop the trailer, get told to grab an empty and head 40 miles back north for a live load to deliver monday and go home. Wind has calmed down so I make the drive... and the shipping office door is locked. Peek inside, pitch black. Call the place, "due to the holiday we'll be closed from the 23rd to the 26th".

Call Becky, "no that's not right I'll call you back". Calls back 5 minutes later "okay go home and go back monday". I point out that the voice message I heard says they're closed the 26th as well. "No their dock times say monday is fine". Did they same the same thing about the 23rd?

I'm debating staying home tomorrow and just going to pick up the load tuesday morning, but then I'll lose my holiday pay even if they aren't open. If I go and they're closed, they can't say shit. But also I might have already lost my holiday pay by rejecting that load. Choices.