Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Derek Chauvin Murder Trial

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    What a surprise.
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    edited April 2021
    The cop that shot the guy in his car is a dumb motherfucker. Apparently she claims she thought she had her "taser" instead of her gun. So fucking stupid.

Also, the guy that got shot is so fucking stupid for trying to jump back in his car and drive away. Just pure stupidity all around.
    Post edited by ThatGuyArlo on
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah. 

Step one when dealing with police - DONT RESIST 
    Cop was a female rookie cop I believe 
    Yeah. 

Step one when dealing with police - DONT RESIST 
    Best advice I ever heard was outside a Slayer concert after this asshole security guard took this drunk redneck dude's flask that he had snuck in. The guard was being such a dick about it but the dude just shut his mouth. 

I overheard his buddy talking to him trying to calm him down after the guard left and he said in the thickest southern drawl "hey man sometimes you just gottta eat a little shit". It's stuck with me ever since lol
    edited April 2021
    I don't get why that wright guy tried to run in that situation. He was being handcuffed. 

didn’t deserve to be shot, but it clearly wasn’t a race thing. It was a heat of the moment mistake. Cops need better training. 

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Cops don’t worry about race. It’s class. They know they can get away with roughing up lower class white people, too. Media just pushes the racial narrative because 1-it’s easy because tons of lower class citizens are black and 2-roughing up whites people isn’t as provocative. I know this first hand
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    We got too close to disrupting the system with the Occupy Wall Street movement. The media has been cranking out race related articles to protect the rich ever since. 

Nobody in office went to jail for the insider trading right before the covid lockdowns even though we all know it happened. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Today is probably the most important day of the trial for the defense. Idk how they can get anything better than a conviction on manslaughter at this point though. 

Idk their exact definition  Of murder 3, but probably that too. 
    Just to be clear, you think the defense is essentially on their heels here?
    edited April 2021
    Ive honestly gone back and forth and its hard for me to know what the jury is thinking because I've been exposed to all the things you aren’t supposed to be when you are on a jury. Maybe it was just that the first day of the defense’s part of the trial was really bad, but the expert they have today has been great for their case. 

I was thinking this morning that he would for sure be getting convicted, but with this testimony this morning, and other testimony that could raise some doubts, i just really dont know. My gut says he will be convicted. My brain thinking in a logical way tells me that there is a decent chance he gets acquainted. 

This is just a hard case. 
    Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on
    edited April 2021
    damn they just showed a screen shot and it definitely looked like Floyd had a pill in his mouth when the officer first went up to the car. i really can't explain in the detail that this expert witness explained it in, but it basically lines up with the defenses timeline with a drug overdose. 

the cross examination of this guy is huge in this case. 

Edit: cross exam showed a video cam footage that made it look like gum. 
    Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on
    there have been two similar cases as this one (probably many more that we haven't heard about) that involved white guys that were pinned down in a similar manner. 

Timothy coffman resisted policy, and then died 4 days later and had a bunch of drugs in his system

The other one was Tony Timpa, the one in Dallas where he called the policy to and said he was afraid and needed help. He was schizophrenic and off his meds. He had already been handcuffed by a private security guard before the police arrived, and if you have ever seen the police body cam footage it is very sad. but his death was ruled by the medical examiner as a "homicide, sudden cardiac death due to the toxic effects of cocaine and the stress associated with physical restraint" 

The city of dallas fought for 3 years to keep the body cam footage private before it was released, and even though the three officers were indicted by a grand jury, all charges were dropped because the grand jury did not think the officers acted recklessly. 

IDK how you could watch the body cam and say they didn't act recklessly when comparing it to the body cam footage of floyds death and say they did act recklessly.

Now i know courts aren't allowed to compare cases, its just crazy the striking similarity in these cases and the disparity in coverage.  
    I actually haven't watched anything since the first week, so I appreciate the updates lol
    Its been hard for me to follow at times, but i have everything playing on my phone through ipods at my desk all day. 

Ive seen just about everything, and tbh, i am kind of sick of it, but i know a lot of people and my friends will be talking about guilty/not guilty when it comes to this case, so i am mostly watching so i feel like i can have an opinion and facts to base my debate with people on. 
    Its been hard for me to follow at times, but i have everything playing on my phone through ipods at my desk all day. 

Ive seen just about everything, and tbh, i am kind of sick of it, but i know a lot of people and my friends will be talking about guilty/not guilty when it comes to this case, so i am mostly watching so i feel like i can have an opinion and facts to base my debate with people on. 
    I’m not watching because we all know what the outcome is gonna be
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    SATAN said:
    I’m not watching because we all know what the outcome is gonna be
    Yup.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    See the second comment of the thread