Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Derek Chauvin Murder Trial

Comments

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I believe he had a couple armed robberies in the past as well. The prior drug charges don't mean much in this case but cops are very cautious with people who have committed violent crimes. Plus he was acting erratically because he was on meth and fent. I knew murder was gonna be impossible to prove. A lot of people will soon find out George Floyd was not the martyr he was made out to be. Blame the mainstream media.
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    George Floyd's past doesn't really matter at all though. IDC what he did, he ain't the one on trial. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    the only thing that really matters about his past IMO are any past issues resisting arrest. 

thats really the only thing thats relevant to the case.
    I'm just pointing out that cops will treat you differently if you have any violent crimes on your record. Pretty sure they are trained to. 
    im not sure they even knew who floyd was until after he left the scene. they are showing body cam footage now and im not sure they ever identified him. 
    okay, they did ask him for his name. while he was on the ground. 
    It looks like they did. You can't really tell because the video is heavily redacted but a cop pulls up on the scene, grabs a notepad from another officer who was already there, and takes it back to his car to run the info on his computer. That's what it looks like to me anyways.

https://youtu.be/UyUtGpSe_hQ
    they did, but i haven't been able to determine if they ever actually received information on him in all the commotion. 

they are playing the first two cops body came footage without redactions right now. 
    are these people on court TV watching the same thing as me?

The prosecution has brought up several witnesses now that have insinuated that their statements to policy were not actually what they meant, or were not completely accurate. Floyds GF just testified that she did say Floyd got drugs from someone in a statement, then on the stand tried to say that was speculation.

Idk. i just think it looks weird. 
    I need some medical experts testimony next week. 

I feel like the defense is starting to lay good foundation to it being a possible overdose. From floyds previous overdose in march of 2020. to the people in the car stating that floyd had passed out before this in the car and they could not wake him up. 

it makes me feel gross to say that. but i don't think it can be ignored. 
    LT. zimmermans testimony with State Prosecution was by far the most damaging for the defense so far. 

Bravo to the prosecutor on that one. 
    LT. zimmermans testimony with State Prosecution was by far the most damaging for the defense so far. 

Bravo to the prosecutor on that one. 
    Yuuuuup.

That dude was straight forward and convincing.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    the only thing that really matters about his past IMO are any past issues resisting arrest. 

thats really the only thing thats relevant to the case.
    Honestly this isn't relevant either. Dude was handcuffed and on his stomach on the ground. He wasn't going anywhere. Putting your knee on someone's neck is not necessary force in that situation. 
    Yeah i agree. I believe it is something that was trained at one time for use of force in Minnesota though, and in opening statements the defense claimed that the medical expert didn’t find any evidence he was killed by asphyxiation. 

Weeks of testimony. I think the state is doing a pretty good job so far though. 
    Yeah i agree. I believe it is something that was trained at one time for use of force in Minnesota though, and in opening statements the defense claimed that the medical expert didn’t find any evidence he was killed by asphyxiation. 

Weeks of testimony. I think the state is doing a pretty good job so far though. 
    there is an interesting line of questioning going on right now between the defense and the Minneapolis police chief right now. about the use of force. Defense is doing a good job overall rebutting what the state question the police chief regarding the use of force and the process used. 
    I really have no idea whats going to happen with the verdict at this point. 

Not sure what the state was thinking bringing up the doctor that pronounced floyd dead yesterday. 

He said that meth/fentanyl can cause lack of oxygen to the brain. Fentanyl suppresses the respiratory system. 

That to me opens up the avenue for reasonable doubt. 

Even with these use of force experts and police chief testimony, i dont see how you can say that without any doubts, the knee to floyds neck caused his death. 

That was a huge misstep by the state i think. Should have never called that guy. 
    I didn't see that part. I thought the testimony from all of the officers and chief were pretty good, but yeah that sounds bad. 
    Its a small piece of the trial. But those things can add up. 
    edited April 2021
    The officer and chief’s testimony was good. But some of that stuff should have been challenged more by the defense. Those witnesses should have been completely about their training, their job, and their certifications. They shouldn’t have been asked about the ethics and their opinion on what happened. They were foundation witnesses. 

I am thankful i dont have to help make this decision. Especially knowing all the rioting that happened after this.