Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Derek Chauvin Murder Trial

Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,458 spicy boy
edited March 2021 in Debate & Discourse
Opening Statements coming up.  

Man the world is going to burn when this guy gets acquitted. 
Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on

Comments

• Options
    ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    I was binging the jury selection last night actually lol it's really interesting stuff honestly.

You think it's a pretty straight forward aquittal? Given they have to prove murder 2.
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,588 spicy boy
    He’ll get off. 
  • Options
    I was binging the jury selection last night actually lol it's really interesting stuff honestly.

You think it's a pretty straight forward aquittal? Given they have to prove murder 2.

what were they showing as far as the jury selection?

Idk if it will pretty straight forward. The cheif of police testifying against Derek is going to be a big deal. I just know its going to be hard to convict a police officer for murder and prove it was his intent. 

he will probably get manslaughter though. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    one thing i dislike already is there is a juror who apparently had an uncle that was a police office that told her the way floyd reacted was because he may have been resisting. 

from what i read though, several of the jurors had negative views of chauvin
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,599 jayfacer
    Wait what?

He was already jailed then bailed out cause pigs get away wit anything.

They’re doing a retrial?

Yea, he’s staying free.

Hopefully somebody’s posted outside the courthouse to blow his head off tho.
  • Options
    Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just give him 5-10 for manslaughter and call it a day.
  • Options
    Wait what?

He was already jailed then bailed out cause pigs get away wit anything.

They’re doing a retrial?

Yea, he’s staying free.

Hopefully somebody’s posted outside the courthouse to blow his head off tho.
    Uh. He hasn’t been tried yet..
  • Options
    I paid no attention to it after he got bailed out. Shit made me sick to my stomach cause it’s exactly what I expected and I figured it was done after that and he was scotch free.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    "what were they showing as far as the jury selection?"

Oh it was literally a clip from the FULL jury selection that was steamed on YouTube lol I just picked a random part and started watching. It's an interesting process. 

One guy was explaining why he had a negative view of Black Lives Matter (he said cause "all lives matter, not just black") then the lawyer pointed out that on the same questionnaire he said he held a positive view of Blue Lives Matter lmao dumb piece of shit got booted right then. 
  • Options
    Did they show their faces? They are keeping them from being seen during the trial obviously. 

The states second witness is a chick that is not doing well on the stand with the state’s attorney. Probably going to be tough with the defense. 

I should research this cops lawyer. I dont know anything about him. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,405 spicy boy
    Give this piece of shit the guillotine 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    They never showed any of their faces.

And yeah this chick is just not very helpful it seems. I knew as soon as she started talking that she must've worked at a gas station lol
  • Options
  • Options
    I really dont think was a good move by the state to center their questioning of a main witness and center it all around how much he knows about mma and chokes. 

This witness seems like its self gratifying for him to be up there. And his mma/choke talk has kind of been cringy to me. 

I dont think it really hurts the case though. Thats going to come down to medical examiner’s testimony and autopsy reports im sure. 
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't care for that part at all. Like, I'm sure he's a perfectly fine guy and all, but I just don't care about some rando's amateur knowledge of choke holds and restraints. It was definitely self gratifying and didn't really help. 
  • Options
    I just hope this doesn’t end up being one of those cases the state completely fumbles the case. 

Idk how much time they spent prepping the witnesses today. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Im more interested in the cross exam of this guy tomorrow. The defense could probably fuck this guy up on the stand. They didn’t have any reason to with the gas station chick. They hardly questioned her. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    this testimony from williams is gross. Hes clearly got some dismay for the cops, but him saying he didn't get angry over and over and remained professional while they were holding floyd down just doesn't look good. He has to add his own opinions and thought on everything rather than just answering yes/no.  all while clearly seeming happy to be on the stand for this trial.

he doesn't want to answer the questions professionally. how are you going to say you remained professionally and not angry lol. 

i don't think getting angry even matters. but they are definitely beginning to tear down his so called "choke hold expertise" lol 
  • Options
    Long story short: The filthy pig is gonna walk even tho he committed cold blood murder on tape and anybody else would be in the box for life.

Pigs commit no crimes, remember?
  • Options
    i think the manslaughter charge sticks. 

theres a lot that goes into this. i don't think its entirely impossible to say that the drugs in his system did not have any effect on floyd's death. 

What is his history with the police? I am super interested to see what the body cam footage shows of the prior incident Floyd had with police. 

The video is disgusting. But its also pretty hard to say that he was not at all resisting the police while they were trying to put him in the squad car. now, did they need 3 people to hold him down, probably not. But can you definitively say it was excessive use of force based on all the evidence provided? IDK, but i am interested to see how that evidence is presented.