Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Derek Chauvin Murder Trial

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I think hes got strong grounds for appeal no matter what happens here. 
    Fuck i should have listened to todd lite and bought more guns
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    If Maxine Waters is the reason Chauvin ultimately gets away with it I will laugh so god damn hard. I know it's deadly serious but jesus how ironic would that be.
    Did anyone tell her they were shaped the same
    Before taking this pic or?
    Wait, she said that at a protesting Minn. over the weekend?

That is fucked up. This verdict doesn’t even matter thats going to lead to a mistrial and the judge i think realized that. 

What a dumb broad. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    At what point do you take your knee off his fucking neck and back pedal slowly? And then when he charges you if he does how hard is it to shoot him in the leg? Fuck the police. 
    Any decent human being would have. 
    Overall id say the defense probably did a better job with closings. 

They went super long, but i think they did about as good as they could given this trial. 

But the prosecution nailed their last line. A lot of the defenses trial has been on oh george floyd had an enlarged heart and how that played a role in his death. 

The prosecution closed with “George floyd didn’t die because his heart was too big, he died because Derek Chauvin’s heart was too small”

and id have to agree with that, even though the evidence leads a lot open when it comes to reasonable doubt. 

I think we may see a conviction, at least on manslaughter, but i would not be shocked to see it overturned on appeal. 
    My best friend had an enlarged heart and he said it would pump like crazy after he worked out and one time it got so bad they had to go to the ER and it saved his life. 
    Yeah. He had a 90% blockage in the main artery too ( could be wrong about which one it is).

and he had meth/fentanyl in his system. They found pills in the police car that had his saliva on them as well, which to me tells me that he tried to swallow more of what he had, maybe? 

I think Chauvin is a piece of shit as much as the next guy. Only a piece of shit human would leave his knee on his neck for that long, but its hard for me to ignore those facts and say they couldn’t have played a role. 

Also the defense pointed out that there were several minutes after paramedics arrived until CPR started. And that they didn’t use narcan. 

Seems to me there were a lot of mistakes with this case. Its just a sad situation. 

Idk that there cant be reasonable doubt, but idk how they can let him walk either. Extremely tough decision being made in those deliberations. 
  • New_GaryNew_Gary Posts: 314 salt miner
    Can I come back If I act right?     The fact that you have no verdict yet tells you all you need to know. This scumbag will walk. BTW I hate cops. I'm not for defunding them or whatever because that will lead to complete chaos but the majority are scumbags.
    They haven’t even been deliberating for very long. 

They could have easily already voted to convict on manslaughter and then can’t agree on the murder charges. 

There is also a ton of evidence, and they are supposed to review it. 
    Ask Xeno how they treat you on a stupid truck inspection. Like you're a hardened criminal. I don't know what the answer is. I'd say stay away from them but then they just chase ya down and shoot ya. 

They could have easily already voted to convict on manslaughter and then can’t agree on the murder charges. 

Dude...I know I've said some fucking dumb shit in the past and that's just to get a "rise". The video speaks for itself. Don't give a fuck if he was on drugs. You had a ton of pig on him. He killed him. Broad daylight
    Now this fucker will get off and innocent people and businesses will pay the price because of asshole like Maxine and the Dems. get out of free jail card. Her mouth tells you all you need to know about how they want this country. They want us divided. Makes ya wonder why.
    edited April 2021
    I dont think its unreasonable to think that the drugs could have played a role, given the state of his heart and everything. Dont get me wrong. Chauvin is a terrible person for sitting in that position for that long, but there are a lot of factors at play. 

Hes should be allowed his day in court for a jury to decide. IMO, generally a jury of 12 people do make the right decision most of the time. 

This is going to be a mistrial anyways, and they will have to either drop the charges or spend a bunch of money retrying him. 
    What make you think mistrial? Outside comments? She prob. ran her mouth knowing this would happen if indeed it does lead to that and that will just lead to more carnage and disrupt. 
    well the jury should have been sequestered from the start.

Lots of things happened that could have led to this. 

1. the settlement being announced publicly the week before the trial starts
    2. the ongoing protests in Brooklyn center had to have some sort of impact on them. How could they completely disregard that?
    3. a congresswoman calling for a guilty verdict, and making threatening comments the weekend before closing arguments i think definitely could effect the jury.

I think the judge has mostly been holding up the law on both sides, but this was a big mistake by him. 

Just lots of outside influence that could be playing out in the deliberation rooms. 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Just be prepared for a more intense version of last summer.