Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Derek Chauvin Murder Trial

Comments

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It’s both. Police are garbage but it’s simultaneously a race issue because the bulk of their murder victims are anybody that ain’t white.
    That's not true. Most people who get killed by cops are white. 

• ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Are these numbers per capita? Or just the straight up raw numbers?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    It’s both. Police are garbage but it’s simultaneously a race issue because the bulk of their murder victims are anybody that ain’t white.

Yeah but 80%+ of those white people are armed while only 13-14% of the black people are. 

Yeah but 80%+ of those white people are armed while only 13-14% of the black people are. 
    Where did you get those numbers? I don't doubt that at all, just curious. If I ever get killed by a cop, 90% chance I'll have a gun on me or in my truck. I had a cop threaten to blow my friend's head off once cuz we got pulled over with guns in the car. When we got pulled he asked if we had guns in the car and he said yes. So they pulled us out and searched us, it was pretty cold outside so my buddy pointed to his car and asked "can I grab my jacket out of the car?" And the cop literally said "you put your hands anywhere you're not supposed to and I'll blow your head off." After we had been patted down. All the guns were in the trunk in cases. We were about to go shooting. 
    I was watching the body cam footage and you. An clearly see the cop pull a pipe put of floyds pockets before they try to get him into the cop car. 

That makes more sense why the policy officer would say “dont do drugs” in the original video. I thought he was just being a dick, which he was, but i thought that was totally pulled out of thin air. 

The testimony im really interested in is the medical examiner’s, and FBI agents they are going to call. Really hope they get someone up there that is going to prove he died from the knee. 

But even then i could see the jury electing that the use of force was warranted because he was resisting. 

The police chief testimony should be 🔥 though. 

Where did you get those numbers? I don't doubt that at all, just curious. If I ever get killed by a cop, 90% chance I'll have a gun on me or in my truck. I had a cop threaten to blow my friend's head off once cuz we got pulled over with guns in the car. When we got pulled he asked if we had guns in the car and he said yes. So they pulled us out and searched us, it was pretty cold outside so my buddy pointed to his car and asked "can I grab my jacket out of the car?" And the cop literally said "you put your hands anywhere you're not supposed to and I'll blow your head off." After we had been patted down. All the guns were in the trunk in cases. We were about to go shooting. 
    Ill look again in a bit and see if i can get the link. I knew this would be a topic so i read a study that was published about it. 
    Either way, we clearly have a cop killing people problem 
    Im sure the paramedics will be on the stand too. Idk why they didn’t do chest compressions. 

It was just so odd how they acted when they arrived. 

That part of it still smells fishy to me. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Im sure the paramedics will be on the stand too. Idk why they didn’t do chest compressions. 

It was just so odd how they acted when they arrived. 

That part of it still smells fishy to me. 
    >gets vaccine instantly 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    This thread has all of the nuance I’ve come to expect from MU. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    im starting to kind of worry about the manslaughter charge a bit now. 

The body cam footage they are showing now is showing Floyd clearly trying to resists them putting him in the back of a cop car, and hes saying he can't breath (probably because he said he was claustrophobic) even before they had him on the ground. 

this was after the witness on the said was trying to help floyd by telling him that he can't win while floyd was struggling with the cops to get in the back of the car. 

he actually asked if he could sit in the front of the cop car lol. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    edited March 2021
    Ok, I still hate Chauvin with a passion and want to see him locked up, but good lord I'm so annoyed with the cable news coverage of this case. I saw the body cam footage and was like, yeah, he definitely resisted and audibly said "I can't breathe" so many times before going to the ground. Yet I'm watching cable news and they act as if Floyd was the most polite and easy going guy ever. You literally had a bystander tell him to just get in the car as if he is also confused as to why Floyd is acting that way. 

I get that Floyd was high as a kite at the time, but damn, that body cam footage does not help his case IMO. Of course CNN was like "how can the defense say anything about this?!?". Like motherfucker did you see the same thing I did??
    edited March 2021
    Yeah i agree. 

I honestly thought the body cam footage helped the defense case more than it hurt. You clearly have a witness telling him to just get in the car and stop trying fighting with the cops. And yeah he does seem high. Then you hear chauvin saying they had to hold him down because hes a big guy on drugs. 

Then i go on twitter and its just a ton of miss information. Claiming the cops originally approached floyds car woth guns
    drawn - not true. They did jump to their guns quickly, but it was after floyd didn’t respond to them.also lots of people claiming he did not resist arrest whatsoever, and that is just not true. 

With some autopsy reports showing it was homicide, and some not (I believe i dont 100% know the facts on this), im really worried about the jury’s ability to convict. 

Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on
    Just give him 5-10 for manslaughter and call it a day.
    He deserves to be in prison but might end up getting acquitted because they overplayed their hand with the murder charges. Especially after the toxicology report came out. Meth + Fent is no joke. Then add COVID and his heart condition to it. Some justice is better than no justice. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I haven't been able to keep up with this. 

I was in the camp he was 100% guilty and should be arrested for murder. But as always, the media can't be trusted. 
    Shit was still excessive, and this shit NEEDS to stop. But based on Arlo's post, how are they supposed to rule? 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Just give him 5-10 for manslaughter and call it a day.
    He deserves to be in prison but might end up getting acquitted because they overplayed their hand with the murder charges. Especially after the toxicology report came out. Meth + Fent is no joke. Then add COVID and his heart condition to it. Some justice is better than no justice. 
    they charged him with manslaughter too. Idk if its going to stick though because the defense may be able to put doubt in the jury's mind that the excessive force was necessary because of the drug use and and him resisting getting in the car. 
    I haven't been able to keep up with this. 

I was in the camp he was 100% guilty and should be arrested for murder. But as always, the media can't be trusted. 
    Shit was still excessive, and this shit NEEDS to stop. But based on Arlo's post, how are they supposed to rule? 
    There are still weeks of testimony coming up. A lot can change, but it comes down to two things i believe. 

1. cause of death
    2. was the use of force necessary  

If the defense can put doubt in the jury's mind about either i think he has a chance to get off. The county medical examiner ruled Floyds death a homicide. Which is good for convection, but i believe the defense is going to call many witnesses trying to prove the result of death was not from the knee to floyds neck.