Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Coronavirus/Covid-19

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Do you see the whole new section that says “the virus does not spread easily in other ways” and in that section the first main bullet is surfaces? Perhaps I was being lazy when I said “required person to person droplet” it’s not “required” but that’s how it is “easily” spread verses surfaces which are “”not spread easily”  
    Perhaps?

no you were spreading misinformation, and that’s dangerous. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's not dangerous if you dont take it seriously
    True. But there are a lot of dumb people. 

Me included. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Do you see the whole new section that says “the virus does not spread easily in other ways” and in that section the first main bullet is surfaces? Perhaps I was being lazy when I said “required person to person droplet” it’s not “required” but that’s how it is “easily” spread verses surfaces which are “”not spread easily”  
    Perhaps?

no you were spreading misinformation, and that’s dangerous. 
    The information I was spreading was “cdc guidance” updated which it was. 
    One of my coworkers had a family member die this morning. First person iv know that has had someone pass away. 

I expect to hear more of this. Sad though. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Got invited to a pool party next weekend by some good friends of mine. So fucking disappointing to see people I know not give a shit about any of this.
    Got invited to a pool party next weekend by some good friends of mine. So fucking disappointing to see people I know not give a shit about any of this.
    Yeah, our office was supposed to open the 1st. Now our stay at home is in effect till June 12th, but i taked to my coworker and he said as long as he can work from home he will, and will not be returning. 

His plans are to go back July 6th. So that’s probably what im going to tell my work. 

Im not taking the risk of getting a 70 and 80 year old sick. 
    Luckily my company gets it. Nobody is allowed in the office at least until after Labor Day. 
    But then again I work for a company based in NYC so most of our higher ups have seen it up front. One of my managers in NY lost five family members.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Nz is in level 2 of lockdown for at least another month. We have staff rostered on at work. My allocated office days to be in the office are thursdays and fridays. There are only like 10 staff out of 40 in the office at one time...its great. The rest of the time I work from home 
    My neighbor who owns a publicly traded company is going lay people off next week due to Rona. Business for him is actually way up and this whole outbreak has been very profitable.... but cutting staff will just pad the numbers even more to investors. He told the company that they must report back to work this week and anyone that doesn’t is a perma fire. Even if everyone reported today he’s still cutting staff. But those staying home makes his decision easier 
    Funny that 13 days after the last protest at the state capital that we had our highest day of confirmed cases in a week. 
    So my gf works labor and delivery and the hospital has moved to a policy of giving anyone admitted into the hospital a rapid covid test. Last week 4 prego moms tested positive for covid by this policy. The 4 women had no symptoms. No fever, normal temperature, no breathing issues, no smell issues, no nothing. Literally no sick symptoms and were very surprised they were positive. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    We almost have as many deaths as WWI 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited May 2020
    We almost have as many deaths as WWI 
    Ww1 deaths was about 20 million. Current world deaths for Rona are 356k. Even if you double that to account for countries under reporting that’s still no where close to WW1 deaths 
    Post edited by WakeOfAshes on
    So my gf works labor and delivery and the hospital has moved to a policy of giving anyone admitted into the hospital a rapid covid test. Last week 4 prego moms tested positive for covid by this policy. The 4 women had no symptoms. No fever, normal temperature, no breathing issues, no smell issues, no nothing. Literally no sick symptoms and were very surprised they were positive. 
    And I know there is nothing new here.... just interesting to have first hand confirmation of people being positive with not a single symptom 
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    For the US there were 116,516 deaths in WW1. I'm sure Rex wasn't talking about the overall death toll
    imageimage
    Yeah. There are something like 200 cases,  mostly children who are getting covid and being asymptotic, where the children are developing crazy inflammatory diseases that doctors dont really know what is going on. 

For the US there were 116,516 deaths in WW1. I'm sure Rex wasn't talking about the overall death toll
    If MC wanted to compare deaths to a war perhaps he should pick a war that we were more involved in. The war was almost over when Germany declared war on us and Wilson brought us into that basically European war  
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I just noticed it was MC that said it and not Rex. Man, my brain is just fucking gone now lol
    imageimage