Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Aren't her powers linked to the bracelet though? How could she be a mutant if her powers aren't natural?
    The bracelets activate/channel her powers but they aren't the source of them. I wouldn't be surprised if she ditches them eventually. 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    Aren't her powers linked to the bracelet though? How could she be a mutant if her powers aren't natural?
    The bracelets activate/channel her powers but they aren't the source of them. I wouldn't be surprised if she ditches them eventually. 
    Oic
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Holy shit this line was actually in the movie!? I thought it was a meme

https://youtu.be/v_BvVLWEHbs
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,607 jayfacer
    Yea, but it was a callback to an earlier scene. She was talking to Thor and was like “So now that I’m a superhero, what should my cheesy superhero one liner be?”, so it was a reference to that. It was corny as fuck yes, but it was by design.
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    prolly gonna get disagreed but I ain’t gonna cap. This new phase not as good as the previous phases. The movies aren’t bad they’re just mid. 

• Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    1000% agree feels aimless
  • Options
    MFers are setting up Kang the Conquerer, Secret Wars, Young Avengers, Thunderbolts, and X-Men and the phase isn't even done yet. Y'all are just impatient 
  • Options
    OFFICIALLY BRINGING DAREDEVIL BACK WIT THE SAME CAST DICK ON BOULDER LET’S FUCKING GOOOOO.

And that “Born Again” title means one of 2 things. It’s either a metaphor since they’re bringing the show back to life, and a nod to the comic storyline, or it’s a direct adaptation of the comic storyline, in which case, that shit is about to be fucking CRAZY. 😮‍💨😮‍💨
  • Options
    Hardest revival of all time. A piece of me died that day when they announced the cancellation. Best Marvel show and it ain’t even close.
  • Options
    MFers are setting up Kang the Conquerer, Secret Wars, Young Avengers, Thunderbolts, and X-Men and the phase isn't even done yet. Y'all are just impatient 
    THEY CALL ME MYSTIC MAC. I PREDICT DEEZ TINGS. 

• Options
    Thunderbolts!? 👀👀
  • Options
    THEY CALL ME MYSTIC MAC. I PREDICT DEEZ TINGS. 

The amount of nuts I busted today is completely off the fucking charts.
  • Options
     Honestly yeah maybe lmao
  • Options
    I dont give a fuck about Iron Heart but ya know I'm gonna watch it because my boy Manny Montana took the L on Mayans for that Disney pay check lmao loved him on there and that nigga went out brutal as fuck 
  • Options
    I been so sick of seeing these fake paper fans saying that MCU lost focus and direction and has no bigger connected picture in mind. And that’s not aimed at anybody in this thread because I’ve seen the same shit shared everywhere, but some of yall did say it, so if the shoe fits. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Because it simply isn’t true, and any real fan who knows their shit and has actually been watching everything would know that. Already knew what was going down and who the next major villain was as soon as they introduced Kang and the multiverse. Because the only way to go bigger than Thanos is mfs like Galactus and Kang. The 3 most important Phase 4 releases so far, as far as overarching continuity for the entire MCU, have been Loki, No Way Home, and Multiverse Of Madness. Solely because they were the first to introduce and install the entire foundation and groundwork of what all the interconnected storylines will be for the entire post Endgame saga. I always said right off bat that I actually found it pretty insane that they relegated something as major as the Loki ending to one of the TV shows and not the films, because that singlehandedly was the most major gamechanging Phase 4 moment thus far, as confirmed by today’s announcements. But they also knew all the real fans were gonna see everything and wouldn’t miss it regardless of what platform it was on. 

Beyond that, everything else has been redundant nitpicking. People are expecting Endgame caliber shit every time now, which is ridiculous to me because we were literally JUS shown that that alone took 10+ years of building, and apparently people already got complete fucking amnesia about that and think that kind of scope and scale is jus going to be popped out every time now. Even before and leading up to Endgame, there were only 3 total movies that were that big of an event, and those were Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame itself. That’s it. The rest were ALL smaller scale, more self contained, individually focused stories, like we are currently back to receiving. We’re back in a building phase, and most of these solo movies have been jus as consistently high quality as the ones from Phases 1-3. We jus got the best Holland Spider-Man out of the trilogy, jus got the best Thor movie out of the series, Doctor Strange was solid as fuck, etc. You mean to tell me the earlier Phases didn’t have movies that were simply average, but still solid and enjoyable 7/10s? Because they definitely weren’t all perfect grand slams, regardless of what they built up to. And this building phase will allow Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars to be even LARGER scale than Endgame because not only do you have these new characters all coming in, including the entire Fantastic Four and X-Men, but you also have alternate universe versions of them. There’s a LOT to pack in that they can do wit all of this. Don’t be surprised if Secret Wars is a 4 hour movie.

Beyond that, mfs have been TRYING to hate. I even saw a lot of comments saying stupid shit like “Moon Knight was pretty good I guess, but how does he fit into the bigger picture? It was it’s own self contained story.” And that’s a problem WHY? The connected story is all being built regardless, but why is it a problem if there’s characters and storylines that aren’t part of that? There’s literally thousands of separate comic runs and storylines that are standalone and don’t connect, including ones for the exact same character. And that’s also how comic movies all were before. They don’t HAVE to connect, having their own separate story is completely fine. And when it comes to a character like Moon Knight, idk if I even care if he’s involved wit all the multiverse shit or not. He’s one of my absolute favorites, but jus like Batman, throwing him into different dimensions wit overpowered aliens and Gods makes him extremely out of place, characters like that are better in their own individual storylines. Plus, someone like Moon Knight is so emotionally and mentally complex that idk how you even throw him into some shit like that. His character DEMANDS center stage and primary focus. I wouldn’t be mad if he’s thrown into a fight scene as a cameo in Secret Wars when everybody is goin at it, but other than that, eh. So like I said, it’s all been nitpicky ass bullshit, and the bandwagon fans that only hopped on when shit was at it’s absolute peak of popularity and size, have been fully exposing themselves.
  • Options
    Wit that said tho, got DAMN am I stupid fucking hype that they made the official announcement today. Shit made my entire day. We knew it was coming but it’s actually crazy that they made it fully known this far in advance. NEED that shit. 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    I’m still gonna watch cause it’s entertaining. I just don’t give a fuck like I used to. Movies have been 

• Options
    NOCAP said:
    I’m still gonna watch cause it’s entertaining.
    Then what you crying for hoe 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    These movies arent supposed to be taken that seriously anyways. 
  • Options
    If Marvel wanted to do something really wacky, they should make an Imperfects movie