Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    Yes because comics are notorious for its finality, and they NEVER retcon or hand wave away previous plot points. Never ever. 
     Lol no I definitely get you it's like complaining about death having no consequences in Dragonball, to be fair I'm not a fan of that stuff anywhere. Idk maybe I need to watch it again. Marvel has earned more than enough trust from me as a viewer I've just never been a big fan of time travel or multiverse stuff
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
     I gotta be honest, not really a fan of multiverse shenanigans. Feels like they're setting up to take away all consequence from these movies. 
    Secret Wars biatch. The multiversal wat been teased since Kang talked about it in Loki. Shit gonna be fucking bananas 
     I know they've been teasing it and Loki was my favorite out of the marvel shows so far. If anyone can pull it off it's marvel I'm just sorta apprehensive I guess 
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    edited May 2022
    So since yall are caught up now, I gotta say, I don’t think it’s possible to visually make Black Bolt’s powers look cool on screen and avoid the corniness of it lmao. I mean his cameo was dope as fuck and his design/costume was always one of my favorites, plus his powers are very unique, but there’s not a lot of ways to make a stupid loud voice look cool on screen lmao. Like it was dope how they showed that his voice is so loud that it literally shredded that universe’s Strange apart jus by saying “I’m sorry.”, but idk, something about how it was visually presented looked super corny to me. I was also tripping on acid for that movie so I felt like it stuck out even more, but still. Back when they did that dogshit Inhumans show, people said it looked bad cause of low budget CGI, but even MCU’s CGI, which is MILES better, couldn’t really save it. He’s a character that’s moreso better left for comic pages and imagination imo lol. His death was also prolly the most brutal on-screen death in the entire MCU so far from anything not named Daredevil or Punisher. Matter fact that whole squad kill scene was, fucking Captain Carter gets cut in half by her own shield, Mr. Fantastic basically gets stretched so bad he explodes, Black Bolt blows his own brain up by essentially getting his mouth sewn shut. They did JUS enough and cut out the blood and gore by the tiniest smidgen to avoid that R rating lmao. And they really should have jus gone all the fucking way and said fuck it cause that scene was hard as bricks as it is and that woulda been the icing on the cake.

Also, Namor and Iron Man are traditionally part of The Illuminati, so both should have been there as well. Yea Stark is dead in 616, but it doesn’t mean his multiverse counterpart is. That woulda been a really dope addition imo.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Oh and did yall notice that What If…? got some direct continuity in this? Makes sense cause of the multiverse shit but Captain Carter and the Strange that went evil by trying to find a universe where he could be wit Christine were both direct live action continuations of What If…? episodes. Even zombie Strange was technically.
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Eh in a way. That Captain Carter and Evil Strange aren't the same ones from What If. 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    Yes because comics are notorious for its finality, and they NEVER retcon or hand wave away previous plot points. Never ever. 
     Lol no I definitely get you it's like complaining about death having no consequences in Dragonball, to be fair I'm not a fan of that stuff anywhere. Idk maybe I need to watch it again. Marvel has earned more than enough trust from me as a viewer I've just never been a big fan of time travel or multiverse stuff
    Thats fair. This movie has been kinda divisive so you're not the first person to tell me they didn't like it. Idk for me it just ticked all the right boxes 
  • Options
    Probably gonna do a full phase 4 binge. Still haven't seen What If?, Hawkeye or eternals. Maybe that'll help 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    Finally saw The Batman. Best Batman movie for sure. I really liked it. Really engaging plot. Great casting. Even a few moments of humor. I really liked they showed Batman being a detective and actually helping people.

Few, very minor issues were Riddler's costume, Catwoman's mask, and Penguin not having an umbrella gun. But super solid. 
    Matt Reeves gets Batman.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Wow. The extremely rare praise from MC. Mark the fucking calendar. 😳
  • Options
    New season of The Boys is fucking Flame so far
  • Options
    Ms Marvel is cool too. Kinda teeny but the girl they cast as Ms Marvel is the perfect choice 
  • Options
    Yea, I didn’t previously care about the character at all, was watching strictly off the fact that I watch everything Marvel by default. Ended up pleasantly surprised, it’s way better than it should be lmao. Love the bright cinematography of the show too.
  • Options
    New Thor was fucking hard. Best solo Thor movie, I liked it more than Ragnarok. Gorr is one of the hardest on-screen villains Marvel has had to date. Bale kills anything he touches. Only complaints are that the movie could have benefited from an extra 30 minutes to build Gorr’s backstory a lil more, and I thought Guardians would be more involved than they were, but other than that, extremely fun watch and funny as shit. 9/10
  • Options
    Prolly enjoyed that a lil bit more than the new Doctor Strange, as far as the MCU movies that dropped this year so far.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Something I really noticed and appreciated about the 3 most recent MCU movies is that all 3 really went all out on the wacky comic booky shit. The majority of MCU is great, but it’s all been a more “realistic” twist on everything, is I guess the best way I can put it. But these last 3 have all felt like full blown COMIC BOOK movies. Like the animated cartoon versions of these characters, in live action. It’s hard to describe it, but I’m sure yall know exactly what I mean. Thor didn’t have the multiverse shit like the other 2 did, which helped those 2 in this regard, but it was still so over the top and ridiculous that it didn’t need it to feel like that. I’m not picky and I like gritty, I like realistic, I like abstract and bizarre, I like it all, but this new back to roots approach on these last few has definitely been apparent, and I’ve loved it.
  • Options
    Just saw Love and Thunder. It was fantastic. Ragnorak was better but it's still in the top echelon of MCU movies for me.

I knew I was gonna be disappointed with Gorr the God Butcher's story and how fleshed out it was (I agree with Erik that it could have used another 20 minutes or so) but I knew that going in since they were merging that story with the Lady Thor story. But what we got was sick. 
  • Options
    They'll never adapt this to the movies but in the comics the Necro Sword is introduced in Thor but years later is revealed to be 
    an ancient symbiote weapon that the creator of all symbiote wields and he takes on the Avengers

• Options
    So Ms. Marvel was retconned into a Mutant for the MCU? At the end of the finale, Bruno said he studied her DNA and “found a mutation” and the theme from the old X-Men cartoon momentarily played. Her comic origin is an Inhuman, but apparently she’s bout to be part of the X-Men for the MCU. Odd choice honestly.
  • Options
    So Ms. Marvel was retconned into a Mutant for the MCU? At the end of the finale, Bruno said he studied her DNA and “found a mutation” and the theme from the old X-Men cartoon momentarily played. Her comic origin is an Inhuman, but apparently she’s bout to be part of the X-Men for the MCU. Odd choice honestly.
    It makes sense in a roundabout way. In the comics one of the only reasons she is an Inhuman and not a Mutant is because at the time Fox still had the movie rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four. Marvel decided to be petty and stop "promoting" those characters as much in the comics. They stopped making Fantastic Four comics completely for awhile and started focusing on the Inhumans more in the comics instead of the X-Men. 

Ms Marvel debuted around this time in the comics and if they made her a Mutant then Fox would have had the movie and TV show rights for her. But she was basically a Mutant without SAYING she was. Her first team up was with Wolverine in like issue 3. She interacts with the X-Men waaay more than any Inhumans. 

Combine that with the fact that the inumans TV show sucked and them introducing inumans in Agents of Shield that also kinda sucked and the fact they have the X-Men rights back they just want to skip inumans in the MCU for now and focus on mutants. And while it's not comic accurate I bet if you asked the writer they would say that their original intention was for her to be a Mutant. 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    edited July 2022
    Aren't her powers linked to the bracelet though? How could she be a mutant if her powers aren't natural?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?