Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,717 jayfacer
    Will do.

Also, if it can be explained without spoilers, why is the final season coming 7 years later? Was it left open ended or was it “final” and this is being tacked on kind of in the same way they added El Camino to Breaking Bad 6 years later?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Nah nothing like that. The show just got canceled and left unfinished after season 5 on cartoon network. Netflix picked up season 6 a few years later and then it was canceled again due to Disney buying Star Wars. Some unfinished stories for season 7 were turned into 2 books (Ahsoka and Dark Disciple) and one comic miniseries (Son of Dathomir) They also released some very bare bones animated rough drafts of some episodes for season 7 online. 

So this new season is just "finishing" the story off at a proper ending point. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I know what it is and all that. It ruins the betrayal for me because its not a betrayal. They dont have a choice whether to follow the order or not. Pre-chip, its their choice to follow the order, and that makes it so much more impactful imo. 
    No chip is fucking retarded and I'm glad they changed it. Its such a huge plot hole. You're telling me that hundreds of thousands of clones all knew they were gonna betray the Jedi, they learned to respect the Jedi, yet not one single clone ever told the Jedi of their plans? And the Jedi, who are fucking space wizards with superhuman telepathy and empathy, weren't able to sense this from the clones? Thats straight up pants on head retarded.

The clones choosing to betray the Jedi cheapens the idea of the clones because it makes them inherently unlikable. Why would I like someone that willfully chose to kill off some of ny favorite characters? If that were the case, the clones can go fuck themselves. Watching 7 seasons of a tv show where the clones have an actual true bond with the Jedi and knowing that one day they betray them against their will is FAR more tragic. 
    Strong disagree on tgat one. To me its more tragic that they build the relationships despite knowing they will kill them in the end. Giving them the agency to make that decision, yet ultimately their agreeance with building the Empire is so much better than turning them into flesh droids. 

I disagree any plotholes develop. I actually think more plot holes develop with the stupid chips than without them. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited February 2020
    Nope. Cannon says between 1.5 and 2 million clones were created. How in the fuck does it make sense that all 2 million clones decided to go through with order 66? You're telling me there isn't a one in two million chance one clone blows the whole thing wide open? Give me a break. 

And i find no tragedy in someone befriending the person they intend on killing in support of their galactic Hitler. Clone Wars clones >
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    That’s the dumbest shit ever MC. It makes no fucking sense whatsoever. The Jedi and Clones fought side by side for years. There is no way a betrayal that size would stay a secret nor would they ignore the bonds they had developed over the years and years. Logistically it just doesn’t make sense. Emotionally it doesn’t make sense. We can’t even argue with you to tell you why it works better without giving away spoilers, but it does work better. 

You know what though? Fuck it, dont watch it. Your hater ass doesn’t deserve The Clone Wars anyway. Maybe you should just go watch Star Trek instead. You hate it and complain and it sucks so just move the fuck on already. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    And a stupid computer chip is any better? If the chip is just for Order 66, then why do the Clones agree to become Storm Troopers for the Empire? If its a control chip in general, why not use it earlier? Better yet, why even use Clones instead of Droids? Shits dumb as fuck. 

You will literally eat up anything they feed you. 
    edited February 2020
    No, I just watch things and then decide for myself. I don’t watch videos telling me how to feel or what to think before I see things. I make up my own opinion. Imagine that, watching a show and THEN forming an informed opinion. You just regurgitate other people’s opinions from YouTube. 

It’s definitely dumb, trust me. Don’t watch it. 

You’re not a fan anyway. 
    Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
    Lol I havent watched anything about it. My cousin, who watches the show, told me about it. I read some plot synopses to verify. And I think its fucking stupid as shit. 

Part of being a fan is disagreeing and criticizing the things you enjoy. And DisneyWars is the gift that keeps giving in that department. I like the vast majority of Legends stuff, so yea, maybe Im just not a fan of the Disney Canon. 
    11 movies. You like 6. 
    That’s 54%
    3 shows, you either hate them or won’t watch them. 
    14 Versions of SW on screen. You like 6. That’s 42%. 

If you only like 42% of something I have some bad news for you... you’re not a fan of that thing. 
    11 movies. You like 6. 
    That’s 54%
    3 shows, you either hate them or won’t watch them. 
    14 Versions of SW on screen. You like 6. That’s 42%. 

If you only like 42% of something I have some bad news for you... you’re not a fan of that thing. 
    I love most of the games. I like the old comics and old books too. I liked the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon. I like The Mandalorian. Hell, I even kinda grew to like Kylo Ren a bit. 

Really I like the majority of Pre-Disney StarWars, and dislike the majority of Post-Disney StarWars. So I will meet you half-way and say, I am a fan of Legends StarWars. But sure, I'm not the biggest fan of current Canon StarWars, you got me there. 

Legends had its gems, but it had its fair share of dog shit as well. 

Half way is all I need. I’ve  stated my 50-50 theory with SW many times. 

Watch The Clone Wars. Then see if you like the chip idea or not. The plot digs deeper into it than you might think. I know you hate Disney Wars but Dave Filoni is not Kathleen Kennedy. He knows his shit. He will show us the way. 

Also, the new season may include order 66. It’s definitely possible we will see the whole thing play out. It’s the logical conclusion to the show. 
    If the chip is just for Order 66, then why do the Clones agree to become Storm Troopers for the Empire? 
    Who said the chip is just for order 66?

If its a control chip in general, why not use it earlier? Better yet, why even use Clones instead of Droids? 
    Dude stop and take a look at yourself for a second. You really think this is a valid criticism of why the biochip in the clones is a dumb idea? Because they "didnt use it earlier" Gee man i dont know, maybe its because Sideous needed to gain control of the senate before wiping out the Jedi, also known as THE ENTIRE PLOT OF THE PREQUEL TRILOGY.

You're so blinded by your preconceived notions and wanting to hate the Disney cannon (which newsflash George Lucas created Clone Wars and the majority of the seasons are pre-Disney) Being a fan is not criticizing plot points based on a wiki article. Its watching the content and forming your own opinion. Just like Jobe or Dime can't tell you over a forum post why the depictions of Fives, Heavy, 99, or some of the other clones works so well. Because reducing an art form like film or animation down to plot points gives a hollow, surface level understanding of what makes it good or bad. 
    If the chip is just for Order 66, then why do the Clones agree to become Storm Troopers for the Empire? 
    Who said the chip is just for order 66?

If its a control chip in general, why not use it earlier? Better yet, why even use Clones instead of Droids? 
    Dude stop and take a look at yourself for a second. You really think this is a valid criticism of why the biochip in the clones is a dumb idea? Because they "didnt use it earlier" Gee man i dont know, maybe its because Sideous needed to gain control of the senate before wiping out the Jedi, also known as THE ENTIRE PLOT OF THE PREQUEL TRILOGY.

You're so blinded by your preconceived notions and wanting to hate the Disney cannon (which newsflash George Lucas created Clone Wars and the majority of the seasons are pre-Disney) Being a fan is not criticizing plot points based on a wiki article. Its watching the content and forming your own opinion. Just like Jobe or Dime can't tell you over a forum post why the depictions of Fives, Heavy, 99, or some of the other clones works so well. Because reducing an art form like film or animation down to plot points gives a hollow, surface level understanding of what makes it good or bad. 
    Disney took over in 2012. The Biochip shit started in Season 6, no? So that means it aired in 2014, two years after Disney took hold and started making changes. 

Regardless of who made the retcon, its a dumb retcon, and I much prefer the Clones making the choice to do it, and following their moral dilema to do it, over them being forced to by a brainchip. And the Clones have been humanized very well in the past in like Republic Commando games and books, the Order 66 book, and the original Battlefront 2. But end of the day, they're clones, genetically designed to be obedient and follow orders. 

I can live with Grevious being a bitch, Maul returning, and Fett being retconned even though I disagree with those decisions too. But the use of a biochip changes the events and meaning of Episode 3, and the rise of the Empire. Legends lore >
    Ok. 

Kick rocks then. 
    Season 6 was written in early 2011. Thats all George Lucas. Regardless, 2 million clones all deciding to keep this massive betrayal secret for years not only makes them unlikable, but makes no fucking sense.

Don't watch it if you don't like it. Your loss. 
    edited February 2020
    MetalCoresades said
    But end of the day, they're clones, genetically designed to be obedient and follow orders. 
    MetalCoresades said:
     why even use Clones instead of Droids? 
    Lmao. Way to contradict yourself. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    This was an exhausting read. I honestly don't care anymore. Watch it, don't watch it that's fine you can choose to do as you wish man. I for one though cannot wait to jump back into the Clone Wars. I'm hyped :!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    MC talking shit about Disney is  going to get me triggered one of these days.