Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Saw it last night and had to hold back punching every person who said they liked it.
    I mean it was good but at the same time I fucking hated how the story was in this. They just shit on everything TFA did and it was just blah. 
    I am excited JJ is coming back for episode 9 and fixing this shit. I'm also excited for Kylo being the main villain and destroying fuckers with The Knights of Ren.  
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    I mean it was good but at the same time I fucking hated how the story was in this. They just shit on everything TFA did and it was just blah. 

50/50 

The force is in balance =))
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited December 2017
    Duh.

But where you rank these gems?

Ewok Adventure
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuav7n3aoQ

Battle for Endor
    https://youtu.be/Atc5NPcWf_A
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    i thought that was pretty much universally agreed
    I love winning with women
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've always been conflicted on that. Episode 1 had Jar Jar and Jake Lloyd which were both just awful but the Duel Of Fates scene is goddamn amazing and I even liked the opening scene and the Pod Race. Episode 2 has the Battle Of Geonosis, Droid Factory and Light Saber fight which are all great, but dear Christ the love plot is atrocious. 
    Also,

Obe Wan Jesus, Dooku, and Jango 

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Natalie Portman ruins everything.
    inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited December 2017
    Honestly the main problem is Episode 1 isn't vital to the main story. You can skip it and not miss anything. All the cool characters in that movie are gone by the end, and the silly trade dispute plot is replaced in Episode 2 as well. Episode 2 pretty much fills in what you need to know from Episode 1.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    nah but fr i get that. but everything outside of the ani/padme thing was fire so idc
    Also,

Obe Wan Jesus, Dooku, and Jango 

jangos tight, ill fight you
    No need. Those were things I liked lol.
    Honestly the main problem is Episode 1 isn't vital to the main story. You can skip it and not miss anything. All the cool characters in that movie are gone by the end, and the silly trade dispute plot is replaced in Episode 2 as well. Episode 2 pretty much fills in what you need to know from Episode 1.

It's not crucial, but it expands the SW universe a ton. Great visual looks at places like Naboo, Gungan City, Corusant etc. First look at the Senate and Jedi Council. Set up characters like Plo Koon for the clone wars cartoons. First look at real Jedi at the height of their power. Qui Gon using the word padawan for the first time. First non-standard light saber. First look at the force being a living thing. Palatine taking the first steps in rising to power, removing the existing Chancellor for not taking action against the invasion/blockade of Naboo that Palps himself ordered as Darth Sideous.

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    OPP said:
    dime you just hated it because ani killed the sand people
     =)) Don't hate it though. I like all the prequels. I actually love Revenge Of The Sith. Only SW movie I hate is Last Jedi at least from the main entries 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited December 2017

It's not crucial, but it expands the SW universe a ton. Great visual looks at places like Naboo, Gungan City, Corusant etc. First look at the Senate and Jedi Council. Set up characters like Plo Koon for the clone wars cartoons. First look at real Jedi at the height of their power. Qui Gon using the word padawan for the first time. First non-standard light saber. First look at the force being a living thing. Palatine taking the first steps in rising to power, removing the existing Chancellor for not taking action against the invasion/blockade of Naboo that Palps himself ordered as Darth Sideous.
    I enjoy watching it, but from a purely objective standpoint you miss nothing by going straight to Episode 2. The Anakin/Padme romance doesn't seem as weird since they look similar in age in 2, and Episode 1 pretty much ruins the Sideous/Palpatine twist since Sideous is so visible in that movie. He's really only in one scene with Dooku at the end of 2 from my recollection. It's closer to supplemental viewing like Rogue One is than an essential chapter of the story.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    There is a popular star wars viewing order that doesnt even include episode 1 =)) Jay is right, it really doesnt include much vital information 

It goes 4 > 5 > 2 > 3 > 6
    Inb4 Solo sucks one ball.