Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The McFuck Approach

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,713 spicy boy
    I love how MC uses THAT as an example. Meanwhile there have been successful relationships through internet dating that went over into real life. But those don't matter cuz they're positive outcomes. Can't have positives here
    like you and Marc :-?
    Marc and I weren't a success. 
    That's why I said it :-|
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I figured even though I was trying to get you to acknowledge the successful shit. Silly me
    imageimage
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    apparently if something isn't foolproof it can't work for anybody
    I'm on the right. The yellow speech bubble. 
    well what was her reaction when you said "I still like you. I dont understand why you said no to dating me" ?

Sorry if this was already covered... I read like 95% of this thread.
    Quick Recap of Events:
    I date girl in high school
    Break up in high school
    Become friends again over the summer
    Gradually become very good friends
    I catch feelings for her again over last couple years

THIS SUMMER
    We hang out all summer
    As I am dropping her off at her house after hanging out I say "I like you, lets go on a date"
    A few days later she says "no"

WINTER
    We hang out all winter

AFTER WINTER BREAK
    We're talking about shit, and she brings up how she can't seem to find a guy
    I send the POD to her saying I think she's awesome, I still like her, I don't understand why she doesn't like me.
    She basically just says "you'll find a guy some day, I dont remember why i said no. I wouldnt tell you even if I did remember"

LATER
    We just go back to hanging out.
    Weird games continue
    I am moving on

LAST NIGHT
    I get that text.

Irony
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Whatever. Dating in general is stupid. I'm never dating again. I could give a shit if you all date. I'm not even quite sure why this is a conversation. 

If you think online dating means something great - go for it. 

I think its a cheap imitation, pathetic, and a cop out. 

So you find 25 of marriages where people have found their special someone to share the joy of life with to be pathetic? Sounds like you're pretty pathetic
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    well what was her reaction when you said "I still like you. I dont understand why you said no to dating me" ?

Quick Recap of Events:
    Break up in high school

THIS SUMMER
    We hang out all summer
    As I am dropping her off at her house after hanging out I say "I like you, lets go on a date"

WINTER
    We hang out all winter

AFTER WINTER BREAK
    I send the POD to her saying I think she's awesome, I still like her, I don't understand why she doesn't like me.
    She basically just says "you'll find a guy some day, I dont remember why i said no. I wouldnt tell you even if I did remember"

LATER
    Weird games continue
    I am moving on

LAST NIGHT
    I get that text.

Irony
    Send her a text "Im not beating around the bush anymore. I still like you. Will you please go out with me. you mean everything to me"

(I say text cause I assume you are back in school now and can't say in person). Basically dont drop it... keep saying it.

Quick Recap of Events:
    Break up in high school

THIS SUMMER
    We hang out all summer

WINTER
    We hang out all winter

AFTER WINTER BREAK

LATER
    Weird games continue
    I am moving on

LAST NIGHT
    I get that text.

Irony
    Send her a text "Im not beating around the bush anymore. I still like you. Will you please go out with me. you mean everything to me"

(I say text cause I assume you are back in school now and can't say in person). Basically dont drop it... keep saying it.
    I'm over her :-|
    edited April 2015
    I love how MC uses THAT as an example. Meanwhile there have been successful relationships through internet dating that went over into real life. But those don't matter cuz they're positive outcomes. Can't have positives here
    Im happily married to my wife. I met her online, and developed feelings for her online. At the time though I kept my feelings in check and tried as much as I could to remember that online dating isnt the same as real world dating. a few years later we had an opportunity to real world date, and it worked out well. ended up happily married with 4 kids. I'd have never met my wife if the aol AIM didnt exist.

no you arent
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,600 spicy boy
    edited April 2015

Edit..talking about mc saying he's over her 

If that's truebotnwouldnt have worked anyways.  If you really like ( love is the better word...but mc hasn't been that far in a relationship) but if that feeling is 100% true it never goes away. You might not think about it as much but it will always be there. 

no you arent
    Yes I am
    SUH said:
    MetalCrusades said:

She basically just says "you'll find a guy some day"
    Freudian slip :-?
    :-?

Edit..talking about mc saying he's over her 

If that's truebotnwouldnt have worked anyways.  If you really like ( love is the better word...but mc hasn't been that far in a relationship) but if that feeling is 100% true it never goes away. You might not think about it as much but it will always be there. 
    And here we are. It didn't work. She still doesn't like me. And I'm over her. 
    Love is fake. 

Im happily married to my wife. I met her online, and developed feelings for her online. At the time though I kept my feelings in check and tried as much as I could to remember that online dating isnt the same as real world dating. a few years later we had an opportunity to real world date, and it worked out well. ended up happily married with 4 kids. I'd have never met my wife if the aol AIM didnt exist.
    Good for you. An exception. 

It doesnt matter. I'm not going to change my mind about what I think of using the internet to date as a whole. Like I said, I dont care if you all use it. I'm not gonna use it anyway, so who cares? 
    "It didn't work. She doesn't  like me. Love is fake."

Yeah..shit didn't work out for you so love has to be fake :))
    imageimage
    edited April 2015
    "It didn't work. She doesn't  like me. Love is fake."

Yeah..shit didn't work out for you so love has to be fake :))
    What I thought I felt for her was love. What I was really feeling was an addiction to chemicals released when being around her. I liked spending time with her. She is a friend, and I care about her. I didn't "love her". 

Love doesn't exist. 
    keep lyin to yourself. If you're happy with that facade, then great. Enjoy.

I am not happy with that 
    The difference is I know love exists. I'm not lying to myself at all and I know others on here know it exists as well. Just because you say it doesn't does not make it a fact. 
    imageimage
    If its not real to me, does it matter?

I dont even know what we're arguing about anymore at this point. 
    This is more like a discussion rather than an argument. I hope that one day five or ten years from now you look back and realize how much you've grown up from these current views of yours
    imageimage
    There is no discussion

Its two sides that will never see how the other one sees. You will never understand how I think. I will never accept how you think. There's nothing to this.