Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

official mayhem fest 2015 thread.

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    SATAN said:

How many bands really play warped in a day?

Like 50. There's a lot of stages and overlap 

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

I need to look up how many of the 50 follow the entire tour and how many are just regional

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

I think we should just accept Mayhem for what it is. A trash festival for mainstream and popular kids. 

Hopefully someday someone cool puts on an awesome summer metal Fest.

oh. I'd say a good 30-35 follow a majority of the tour. There are certain bands that only play a week or maybe half to tour but a lot are on it for the whole ride 

HOODS said:

I think we should just accept Mayhem for what it is. A trash festival for mainstream and popular kids. 

Hopefully someday someone cool puts on an awesome summer metal Fest.

Can't you see that's what I'm doing right now, nigga?

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Rock USA advertises a $2,000,000 talent line up. We're gonna need to get Jay in on this.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:

I think my view of Godsmack is clouded because I've always found them to be a repulsive Alice In Chains ripoff. Everything about them: the name, the Aztec sun logo, the acoustic ep. I saw them on Ozzfest one year. Nasty white trash bitches dancing to that shitty 'Voodoo' song like it was a spiritual hymn. Ugh. Then that 4 ft tall singer dipshit being such a tryhard riding Harleys in the videos. I just can't fucking stand them. I had a discussion on an older forum where the conclusion that people came to when describing their appeal was that they filled the void since AIC broke up. Well now AIC is back, and Godsmack has went the buttrock route even more with their Buckcherry-ish 'Crying like a bitch', I was hoping they'd go away. I guess playing Uproar isn't really all that great. They've had some pretty washed up fagz there before. I just keep feeling like "go the fuck away already!" Lol

Nickelback>Godsmack

Yeah know, I'm not going to lie and try to hide shit. I like Godsmack. I like alot of band alot of you hate. I like Death Punch, Staind, P.O.D., HELLYEAH, shit you name it. Thing is, Godsmack actually puts on a fantastic show. They get the crowd moving, they interact, they pump out there materiel like pros. I think thats the appeal to me. I like a band that gets involved and has a damn fun time playing to their fans. Can Sully be a bit of a try hard at times, well yes but basic point; they sell because they know how to grab the audience and keep them entertained for however long they're on stage. Thats why I liked them when I saw them at least. Then again, I'm really not that complicated of a person musically. If I like it, can jam to it, and its just a good fuckin jam I'm good. I love some of the deeper more complex shit, but I don't feel like everything I listen to needs to be some unknown, underground, complicated group. 

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

I always thought Sully came off as a huge douche but he didn't seem that way when I saw them at Mayhem. He looked like he was really enjoying himself and having a fun time.

Pass the god damn butter.

I'm not gonna lie. I don't hate godsmack and they can occasionally hit a groove. But they were so boring at mayhem. So fucking boring

and not that many people were getting down. Like obviously the crowd liked it, but I didn't see anybody hella getting down with and being like "YEAH GODSMACK MOTHERFUCKER" like people do for disturbed or something

I appreciate your honesty

Still wish they'd go the fuck away

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    My dad really likes Godsmack, so I grew up listening to then since I can remember. So I dont hate them, especially not as much as other bands. But I dont currently choose to listen to them often. I do think they put on a decent show live.

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

left in the middle of their set.
    edited June 2014

@DrDimebag‌

I saw P.O.D. in 1995 at a Christian venue with maybe 10-15 people in attendance. My friends band Bonedance opened for them. I'm not even sure if they were signed yet. They still sounded like Rage Against the Machine

I'm seriously thinking about going on the Motörboat :-?

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    SATAN said:

Same

inb4satansaysnvm

inb4lists

it's about $2500 for two people to have decent accommodations. they also are financing it, which i thought was a little weird. from what it looks like, you can put like $700 down and pay the rest in installments after the cruise. not bad at all for what they're offering. 

SATAN said:

Same

inb4satansaysnvm

:-?

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

you aint going