Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

official mayhem fest 2015 thread.

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

That's fucking horrible

How Gaysmack continues to succeed is beyond me

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

I don't really get how many of the acts that headline Mayhem and Uproar continue to succeed. 

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

-wk is a joke

- looks at one summer stop at some random festival and determines with 100 percent certainty the 2 headliners

-.... Kyfs 

Fuck said:

I don't really get how many of the acts that headline Mayhem and Uproar continue to succeed. 

Good point

cuz there is nothing to replace them

Deathcore will never reach the mainstream that nu metal did.. It's prolly just about time for some horrible new shitty dad to take over  for the next 15 years cuz idk how much longer we can push the same bands 

But even these bands don't get much play on the radio. Like Lamb of God. They have no presence on radio, but they can pull headlining slots. Same can mostly said for Slayer. When Ozzy started Ozzfest, there was no market for metal. They pretty much created their own niche. I think the festival organizers are out of touch with their intended fanbase. I think they're ending up with a group of dinosaur fans who will fade out more and more with age. Going with the buttrock bands is like driving into a wall. Seems like someone would've picked up the ball by now and started bringing a newer breed of band on nationwide tours. There is demand. I think the stoner and progressive metal bands are a vein that's ripe for tapping. They're heavy without being exclusively screamy and a lot of them indulge in pop songwriting enough to sell. 

Nah those bands are a no go cuz there songs are longer than 4 min... The everyday moron can't hold their attention longer than that.. Plus pop music holds a high emphasis on melody or danceable rhythm which stoner music lacks

you don't think mastodon or baroness or red fang or torche would be good enough?

edited June 2014

I think your in a dream world

Unless you water down these guys sound wayyyy more.. I'm talking way more than the hunter.. It's not gonna happen .. It's just not what people want right now... Shitty country sell out amphitheaters  in minutes .. Mastodon can't sell out our local venue

• GregTheShowerDemonGregTheShowerDemon Posts: 465 salt miner
    I can see how Godsmack headlines, theyre a good band but to headline over Rob Zombie is fuckin ridiculous. Godsmack's own tours go to clubs/theatres, Zombies ALWAYS go to arenas. + Zombie makes more quality music and has better stage show for the fests.  And also wk IS a fuckin joke, that asshole has talked shit abt me on the old boards yet stole some of my posts for his own site last year. 

Maybe a sounds of the underground thing could be fine but a full on permanent summer fest won't sell out until there is a new big fad that sucks donkey dick.. And mastodon will open for them lol

& also they r running out of headliners for mayhem/uproar d similar fests its just that Lyman/Reese r lazy fucks with no originality nd suck dicks of stupid ass bands like Emmure that was not only on mayhem TWICE in a fuckin row but also on a rockstar club tour last year. SOAD, Priest, RATM (if they got back together), Rammstein, even fuckin Tool - theres 5 headliners right there that could headline mayhem that those 2 assclowns wont sign cause of $$, yet they seem to dish the same amount to Slipknot. A7X/Korn, Zombie/5FDP, Korn/Zombie/LOG, Disturbed/Godsmack/Megadeth cost abt the same itd be for signing Rammstein or SOAD - they just would have to put 3 oteher mainstage bands who arent as commerically popular which would pobly mean BETTER, Ramstein & SOAD both could pull the whole thing in so these 2 fuckheads should get theyre heads out of th fuckin asspussy nd maybe they wouldnt have to give free uproar tix that didnt even sell.  

Plus, if Slayer cant HEADLINE mayhem, then no fuckin way could Mastodon or LOG. Nd Red Fang? Baroness? Rlly? You gotta be fuckin kidding  

You also gotta think this - there arent many headliners in the current rock/metal scene, ones that can draw in numbers or headline arenas. What current bands can? A7X? thats abt it. even the closest others liek Volbeat or 5FDP cant HEADLINE a festival like mayhem.  There arent many non-repeats for mayhem/uproar left. 

Maybe Vinnie Paul should call up Phil.  

That's a defeatist attitude

If Ozzy could do it with Pantera co-headlining and almost no market for heavy metal, I don't see why you couldn't stick Slayer in front of a bunch of upstarts and see how it flies. Summer festival tours don't necessarily need a ton of headliner action though because they deal more in quantity

Type O Negative was billed third on the first Ozzfest with most of their catalogue over 6 minutes. Tool was billed second the next year. Bands like Neurosis and BTBAM and Meshuggah have graced the second stage through the years. I'm not sure song lengths are that big of a deal

Mayhem is beyond stale now. It's downright moldy. Running Ill Niño, Body Count and Mushroomhead out there on what is usually an upstart stage leaves me at a loss. Their lack of interest in fostering new talent is not just bad for their tour, but metal in general

I can't say because I wasn't there, but perhaps the initial ozzfests sold really well because it still had ozzy on top of the bill, and he's always a big ticket. I'm not sure just Slayer would be enough. Slayer had that Unholy Alliance tour in the mid 2000's with big up and coming groups like Mastodon, Machine Head and stuff and I that wasn't being hosted at huge venues. 

Yes it was. It played the same size venues as Mayhem

And Ozzy and metal in general were just plain distasteful when he started Ozzfest. He actually did Ozzfest because Sharon tried to get him on Lollapalooza and they told him he was too passé 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

Whose dick did Ill Nino have to suck to get on this tour?

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

tool and new bands. Problem solved.
    SATAN said:

Yes it was. It played the same size venues as Mayhem

And Ozzy and metal in general were just plain distasteful when he started Ozzfest. He actually did Ozzfest because Sharon tried to get him on Lollapalooza and they told him he was too passé 

I just looked up the venues it played, I stand corrected.