Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

official mayhem fest 2015 thread.

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

I think Ozzfest spoiled a lot of people by running out Iron Maiden and Judas Priest in consecutive summers. But that top-heaviness was what ended up making the tour not be cost effective and drowned it

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

ozzfest back in the day was so cool. Always had good bands. Started at 8am. Never had a shitty time. This is back when you didn't know which band to skip to eat and piss cuz they all ruled.

I don't think it has to be Slayer to headline btw. They're just a good example. 

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    owenjira said:

tool and new bands. Problem solved.

That would work, but they wouldn't do it

Give Metallica a couple more years of commercial irrelevancy and they would be suitable. They've already kinda dipped their toe in with the Summer Sanitariums, but those were pretty terrible so most people don't acknowledge them

Who is the Warped headliner this year?

Do they really even have headliners anymore?

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

they haven't had headliners in years. Just 50 bands

I haven't been since like '03 so I dont really know how it works now

Ozzfest started out kinda similar. There were 3 stages that alternated so nobody overlapped too much. The second stage headliner played just before the second billed main stage band. I hated it when they changed format because suddenly you had the small stage done early in the day instead of being more a day-long retreat

dahlia > any warped band ever

pre-Marshall Mathers Eminem>

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:

That's fucking horrible

How Gaysmack continues to succeed is beyond me

A few basic elements man. They have easily obtainable hard rock tunes that are typical and easy to absorb for anyone coming into the genre. They have the attitude that attracts wannbe hard-assess and to be completely honest, they put on a pretty lively show. 

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

I'd take 100 more godsmacks before one more emmure .. Seriously don't know if I can handle shit like that anymore .. Rather just not go

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

yeah if god smack was playing every year I wouldn't go.

Speaking of that shitty band. What ever happened to skully?

I think my view of Godsmack is clouded because I've always found them to be a repulsive Alice In Chains ripoff. Everything about them: the name, the Aztec sun logo, the acoustic ep. I saw them on Ozzfest one year. Nasty white trash bitches dancing to that shitty 'Voodoo' song like it was a spiritual hymn. Ugh. Then that 4 ft tall singer dipshit being such a tryhard riding Harleys in the videos. I just can't fucking stand them. I had a discussion on an older forum where the conclusion that people came to when describing their appeal was that they filled the void since AIC broke up. Well now AIC is back, and Godsmack has went the buttrock route even more with their Buckcherry-ish 'Crying like a bitch', I was hoping they'd go away. I guess playing Uproar isn't really all that great. They've had some pretty washed up fagz there before. I just keep feeling like "go the fuck away already!" Lol

Nickelback>Godsmack

I agree with everything you just said minus the very last line

lol at the voodoo part had me crackin up

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep

guys, all these comments are very relevant and spot-on. What we are missing is the fact that metal (and most rock genres) have ebbs and flows.... metal is on a slow dip right now and it is taking a few years to do it...Metal will never disappear, but it is headed for some lean years, with many of the big acts of the last ten to 15 years retiring, washing up, and or becoming irrelevant; examples: Disturbed, Korn, LoG, Slipknot, Godsmack, In Flames, etc... NOT saying all these bands are done, just saying there is a bit of fading out.... There hopefully will be some new bands/ styles to fill the void...