Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

official mayhem fest 2015 thread.

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:

I appreciate your honesty

Still wish they'd go the fuck away

lol I was so expecting a Kys at the end

SATAN said:

I'm seriously thinking about going on the Motörboat :-?

Fuck yeah. Want to so bad but I'd never have the cash. The idea of Motorhead, Megadeth, and Anthrax all in one just makes me so happy. Down and Testament are pretty good bonuses. 

Fuck said:

I'm not gonna lie. I don't hate godsmack and they can occasionally hit a groove. But they were so boring at mayhem. So fucking boring

I saw them at Uproar. Maybe it was the fact that their only real competition on the main was Shinedown, but I thought they did an amazing job. 

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited June 2014
    Fuck said:
    SATAN said:

So...if they tossed out a warped-style tour with a couple mid-level bands like Mastodon and DEP as "headliners", have a little prog, a couple grind bands, some death, some black, some post-metal, maybe a little djent and post-hardcore in there for the high school kids and have 50 of em play...would you go?

This is actually a really interesting ideas. Most of the big metal festivals in europe have a lot of bands, regardless if it spans over a few days and it draws a lot of people. It'd be interesting to take something similar to that and take it on the road. lots of different metal bands from all genres. And it doesn't have to be really obscure bands like MDF. The only problem I can think of is that most of the bands would rather do their own summer US tour as opposed to a giant packaged tour where they're only playing 30 minutes a day. 

Agalloch
    Baptists
    Baroness
    Behemoth
    Between The Buried And Me
    Bison BC
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Black Tusk
    Blood Ceremony
    C.O.C.
    Carcass
    Cattle Decapitation
    Cephalic Carnage
    Code Orange Kids
    Converge
    Cormorant
    D.R.I.
    Dark Castle
    Darkthrone
    Deafheaven
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    Exhumed
    EyeHateGod
    Full Of Hell
    Giant Squid
    Goatwhore
    Gojira
    Gorguts
    High On Fire
    In Solitude
    Intronaut
    KEN Mode
    Kreator
    Kvelertak
    Kylesa
    Landmine Marathon
    Mastodon
    Melvins
    Meshuggah
    Municipal Waste
    Nails
    Neurosis
    The Oath
    Pallbearer
    Periphery
    Power Trip
    Royal Thunder
    Rotten Sound
    Skeletonwitch
    St Vitus
    Torche
    Vektor
    Watain
    Yob

I got it down to 55. Tried to keep as many girls in there and mix it up as much as possible. I guess if you trimmed some off the top it would make it more feasible. I originally left off Carcass, Melvins, BTBAM, Mastodon, Meshuggah, High On Fire, Converge and Neurosis but it just wasn't as pretty without them. It's imaginary so 0. My original scratch list had 92 bands.

I'd go to this
    Post edited by SATAN on
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

I wouldn't even know what to do with myself at a festival like that. 

inb4lists
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

honestly something like that would be sensory overload. It'd have to start hella early and end hella late

And like I said before, metal is thriving so much right now that even if I couldn't get my wishlist the reinforcements would still kill. Say I can't afford Carcass or The Melvins, I'm just gonna call up Red Sparowes and Mammoth Grinder. Converge and High On Fire recording? Call Disfear and Black Cobra. I was gonna toss in a couple of more oddball groups like Zruda and Tweak Bird or traditional hardcore bands like Bane and Terror in to mix it up, but they were a little away from the core I was trying to build. Didn't put in as many post-hardcore/math bands as I figured cuz I don't know the genre that well anymore, but I doubt it would be too difficult to bring a couple of those bands in for more hype. I feel like Scorpion Child, The Sword and Red Fang are interchangeable and could easily replace Mastodon, Baroness or Kylesa if given the call. I'm prolly naive, but I'd imagine bands would want to be in a tour like this because even though it's sort of a mixed bag, there's a common thread. And I'm pretty sure this entire roster wouldn't cost as much as just the main stage of Mayhem

Now if only someone cared what I thought :-?

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

I honestly dont think it would work. There's just not enough draw in that lineup to warrant 55 bands. I dont think 12 to 18,000 people per city would show up to that. Especially midwest dates and shit like that.

For a big tour, I think you either need one or two huge draws, or at least a half dozen shitty trendcore bands. Hell, look at Sounds Of The Underground. The lineups were full of metalcore bands. They just had awesome bands between the shit unlike Mayhem.

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep

large summer TOURING festivals must have big commercial appeal to make money... I always say that I'll trade shitty/boring/over the hill radio metal headliners in exchange for side stages packed with killer bands.... IMPO, I like a mix of metal styles in a mayhem/ozzfest type tour.... I even like when they throw out a few old farts on stage, like Anthrax/Exodus/Overkill/Testament types that are still good, but maybe the majority of younger attendees haven't ever seen them live before...It is a chance to catch some legendary acts, along with some new up and comers.... just my two cents

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep

Oh, and I'm actually a little optimistic about seeing Suicide Silence with the new dude from ASP.... not dissing the dead guy, but his vox were trash... I always like SS's sound live, but those shrieks were heinous....

SOTU had two problems in my opinion: They didn't actually keep it "underground" after the initial run and the lineup devolved into parody by the third year. It didn't help that they had Ozzfest as competition (which was free one year) 

I just think this would be a more progressive approach that waiting to see which rotting carcass nu metal slugs will accept your sweaty money for Mayhem. I see a lot of people, even here, that are like "I go just to go. It's always a fun time." I know MC and Nola had that sort of sentiment last year. People go to Warped for that, even though 98% of those bands will give you vaginitis with too much exposure. Plus, sometimes the best way to sell music and get people interested is to make it seem exclusive. 

I dunno. I'm prolly wrong

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

I only went for dahlia [-(

Almost forgot I was on MU for a second

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

she's so busted.

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod

I hope you get gang raped by a pack of niggers in the hood

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

Dude just cuz youre black doesnt mean you have to drool over every white jawn ever. Lorde is groce.