Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I got it twisted abd thought he was Robert Baratheon's son. But my Brother pointed out to me that it was a Targaryan that raped Ned's Sister. It sucks because I figured they were about to have sexy time, but now I hope they don't
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Rhaegar was the prince in line for the throne. Dany is his little sister. Robert's Rebellion happened because Rhaegar, who was married to a chick from Dorne, ran off with Lyanna Stark, who was Ned's sister. She got preggers

Young Ned found his sister in a tower well after Robert had killed Rhaegar, and promised to take care of Jon and pretend that he is Ned's son because otherwise King Robert will have him killed.

An episode or two ago, Gilly mentions that Rhaegar had his original marriage annulled and he remarried Lyanna, making Jon his trueborn son and the rightful king. Sam didn't pay attention to what she was saying though, and tbh I don't think Jon would give a shit anyways. Him and Dany are going to bone

tl;dr jon is dany's nephew
    Rhaegar Targaryan didn't rape anybody. Robert just said that because he couldn't comprehend being betrayed by Lyanna. All evidence in the books and show points to him and Lyanna running away together
    I obsessed about this shit when I read the books back in 2013
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'd love to sit down and read all the books just to see the differences from those to the show but I don't have nearly enough time for that. Maybe someday though.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    It was 3 months to get to Winterfell from Kings Landing. But that was a slow place with all of the supply wagons and carts. The pacing is all fucked up. Since Hardhome, compare how far Jon traveled to how far the White Walkers have advanced =))

Bobby B was a drunken womanizing lout. Lyanna wanted none of that. The entire rebellion was over a chick that didn't want him anyway.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    It's heavily implicated in the books that the battle between Stannis's army and the Bolton's  will involve leading an army onto a frozen lake that has had thousands of holes cut into it already for fishing. Seems like the show runners pinched that idea for the White Walkers and it was just dumb. The WW bring the cold, that lake would have froze solid in an instant. There's little set up for anything anymore, it's just a race to the finish line with little regard to anything else, the plot included. 

Daydrinker said:
    Rhaegar Targaryan didn't rape anybody. Robert just said that because he couldn't comprehend being betrayed by Lyanna. All evidence in the books and show points to him and Lyanna running away together
    This. Robert was completely delusional about how Ned's sister felt about him. They were arranged to be married, but Lyanna was having none of it (Arya is basically Lyanna Jr... a willful, determined kid, wouldn't listen to the gender roles of their society etc) She wasn't interested in being with a drunken womanizer. 

Rhaegar Targaryan wanna great dude. Played a harp so sweet it made all the bitches cry. Ned never thought poorly of him, Sir Barristan often praised his character. Every morally just character had nothing bad to say about the young prince. He was even planning to deal with removing his father, the mad king, for the good of the realm. Instead Bobby B killed him with his hammer.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Finally watched through season 5. Imo the weakest season so far. 

The religious leader subplot with the trials was really unnecessary and took away from things imo. Plus Dany's story just still isnt interesting to me :/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    The show just did a shitty rush job of it, like most things. It was simplified from the book plot to the point of being fairly meaningless. 
    Jobe said:
    The show just did a shitty rush job of it, like most things. It was simplified from the book plot to the point of being fairly meaningless. 
    My main issue with it, is we've had four seasons of morally repulsive behavior from people, with no care for gods or religion, and basically no punishment, and now all of a sudden we have a Church literally imprisoning people for sinning? 
    The Targarians dismantled The Faith Militant after years of struggle against them. They had no power or authority. They were an armed force at one time. (300 years ago)The former high septons were all hand picked greedy toadies. Plus, Tywin always kept everybody in line. The powerful could do as they pleased. Tywin is now dead, Jamie is gone (his whole timeline got changed in the show) Cersei, like the moron she is, let the faith re-arm themselves and gave them authority again. She overestimated how untouchable she was while underestimating the new High Septon and his motives. The people choose the new High Septon (Sparrow) not the crown. Everyone else knew she fucked up right away.
    Yea that would have been some useful background in the show 
    Pretty sure most of it was but I honestly have a hard time keeping the two separate anymore. 

Cersei with the High Sparrow, talks briefly of the old Septon and the history of the faith.
    https://youtu.be/oDctlPybUps

There was a bit more dialogue on it but I can't find it now.

Also, bonus material for one of the seasons had this...
    https://youtu.be/K1cwknifBWs 
    Finally watched through season 5. Imo the weakest season so far. 

The religious leader subplot with the trials was really unnecessary and took away from things imo. Plus Dany's story just still isnt interesting to me :/
    Yeah seasons 4 and 5 are def the weakest in my opinion. Season 6 is LIT though. 
    Tits and Dragons!
    I still need to see season 6 :/ 
    Bruh its the best season
    I dont have a way to watch it lol 
    The new opening credits scene was awesome.