Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

2013 Albums of The Year Thread

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Yeah, I don't see how people who are (presumably) passionate about music couldn't find at least a few records that really stuck out to them this year. It's not that hard to find good music, especially with the internet. The fact that somebody can actually believe that "metal has become bland" is absolutely flabbergasting.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I don't take in new music well
    Idk I need a bunch of listens to really like something
    Some of y'all listen to like half an album while doing your homework and then throw it on your silly lists.. Hence why I give zero about these lists ..
    If an album is real good ill eventually like it but some of you almost seem like you try and force-like stuff.. It needs to come naturally
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    That's why I don't go insane top fucking 50. I have about 20 albums this year that I've listened to more than once. Maybe 15 that after next year I'll still be listening to.

MC I'm only picking on you because you baby the biggest list that I remember. This time next year how man of those albums will you be listening to lol
    image Photobucket
    I'm including about 36ish records in my final list I can honestly say I've listened to each at least like 3-4 times and throughly enjoy. Sure, I may not listen to a few of those that much next year, but that'll probably be because I'll be listening to 2014 records that I'm either highly anticipating or stumble on.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I put every album I listen to through a year on these lists, even ones I dont like. Obviously I listen to some more than others. Really I have this long list to keep track of my listens for my blog.

My top 20 is the only part "ranked" though.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Or if I didn't find something else to rate its because everything was very meh. Dont get butthurt over me saying this year was very lackluster.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I thought some great albums came out this year. Me and ape share a difference of views. That is all.
    image Photobucket
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I think there were a lot of good songs but albums as a whole is where I didn't care for this year
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Finally heard some new qotsa and its no songs for the deaf that's for damn sure
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I'm not saying there hasn't been good music this year.....I'm just saying none of it is really all that great....most all of it will not stand the test of time...we are going through the worst period for music maybe ever....it's just a rinse and repeat for the most part
    It's uncanny how much I disagree with those statements. I guess we'll just have to leave it at that.
    You are just a young boy slap
    That or I just spend way more time listening to new music than most of you guys. Who knows. We'll see how I feel about it in 10 years
    I have to disagree as well. Oh well
    :| god damn ky...first I didn't say none if it was good...just that all most all of it will not stand the test of time

And god damn I like devil driver live.....I haven't listened to an album in like 2 years....get off that dick
    edited December 2013
    Define "the test of time". Because music is subjective, and I honestly dont get into a lot of music that is defined as "test of time" material.
    Out of curiosity though, what exactly do you mean by "stand the test of time". If you're talking about your personal tastes, that's one thing, but if you're complaining that no current metal bands are as big as Pantera was in the 90's, that's childish. If you care about how the general public will look at current metal bands 10 years from now, stop.
    You're right...I haven't listened to as much new music as I probably should have....iv listened to a fair share though...and I just can't see to find anything I like...certain genres like Reggae ( which I am starting to get into more but lack knowledge of good artists) had a solid year...along with hip hop. ( from what iv listened to). It's all really a matter of opinion...I just don't see the next generation jamming a lot of the stuff that comes out now a days