Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited December 2012
    except the NRA has nothing to do with protecting the "peoples right to bear arms" and all to do with political posturing

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000082
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Just make tougher screening laws which I am pretty certain is coming.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers

I'm sure a good percentage of this country would not be happy if there was a gun ban

What's a good percentage? If it's anything less than 50%, then it's not good enough.
    Gary said:

Just make tougher screening laws which I am pretty certain is coming.

Don't see any way we don't have that in the next 2 years.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    States have tried to make tougher gun laws and courts have shot them down

States have tried to make tougher gun laws and courts have shot them down

Yeah, but I think that events like this help create a shift in the paradigm.

In fact, courts are passing a lot more loose gun laws. In fact, right before this shooting Michigan passed a law allowing guns to be carried in schools and churches.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Ban guns. See what happens
    imageimage
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That's fucked up. How this is a joke to some people I'll never understand.

Ban guns. See what happens

>implying any of us know the results of banning guns.
    That wasn't what I was implying at all. But just ban all guns and see what happens. Imo I would bet it would do nothing. People will buy them like how people buy weed or other drugs

Now as for that Lamb of God situation that's completely fucked. They shouldn't have even played and the respectful people in the crowd should have taught them a lesson
    imageimage
    edited December 2012
    There are a few differences between how you would buy weed and other drugs.

First of all, there isn't a mass illegal growing of guns, as far as I know, that makes it capable for anyone to own them. This would require smuggling.
    Then, gun smuggling is an innumerable number of times more difficult than drug smuggling. Are we going to start putting guns in buddha statues?
    Third, this would send the price enormously high. Ridiculously high. Thousands of dollars high.
    This would all make it MORE DIFFICULT to get guns. If this guy who killed all these kids had to spend months planning and driving to the ghetto to get his guns and ammunition, that's all the more time for his plan to be figured and fail.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    id have to say guys are a lot easier to smuggle then drugs...could probably get them over the Canadian/ Mexican border easy considering dogs cant smell guns
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers

There are a few differences between how you would buy weed and other drugs.

First of all, there isn't a mass illegal growing of guns, as far as I know, that makes it capable for anyone to own them. This would require smuggling.
    Then, gun smuggling is an innumerable number of times more difficult than drug smuggling. Are we going to start putting guns in buddha statues?
    Third, this would send the price enormously high. Ridiculously high. Thousands of dollars high.
    This would all make it MORE DIFFICULT to get guns. If this guy who killed all these kids had to spend months planning and driving to the ghetto to get his guns and ammunition, that's all the more time for his plan to be figured and fail.

K

I lol'd pretty hard at how this conversation played out here.
    rexum420 said:

id have to say guys are a lot easier to smuggle then drugs...could probably get them over the Canadian/ Mexican border easy considering dogs cant smell guns

Guns are harder to fit in smaller places, which is one of the main problems. You can't take things in large sizes like the ones it would require to keep the current demand supplied over the Canadian/Mexican border.

It would probably result in a change in border security though, not really sure what it'd be.

In any case, what I'm arguing for isn't what's realistic for America, I'm more arguing an idealistic point of view. I think guns should be illegal, but they can't be. I'm just getting to the point where I think the 2nd amendment does us more harm than good.
    yeah large shipments of guns sure...but iv seen some pretty creative things with cars....so you could get them over a few at a time...and if you have a bunch of people doing it you could have a good trade going on
    I just don't feel like arguing. And I think banning guns is retarded. Just make the process of getting one a bit harder
    imageimage
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    guns dont kill people, people kill people...
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

rexum420 said:

Guns are harder to fit in smaller places, which is one of the main problems. You can't take things in large sizes like the ones it would require to keep the current demand supplied over the Canadian/Mexican border.

It would probably result in a change in border security though, not really sure what it'd be.

In any case, what I'm arguing for isn't what's realistic for America, I'm more arguing an idealistic point of view. I think guns should be illegal, but they can't be. I'm just getting to the point where I think the 2nd amendment does us more harm than good.

i agree for sure....were really just to big of a country to try and implement a gun ban this far into our history...its just not very realistic