Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

Comments

• monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have a really hard time with this. It makes me tear up every time I see someone post a picture of these kids. This shouldn't have happened. You should not send your children to elementary school and worry about them getting murdered. Too many families lost their babies for no reason. I am so heartbroken :(
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    They're all so adorable. How does someone do this.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I'm not going to watch the news in the next few days. They're going to start giving extremely disturbing details, like constructing a computer animated model of the classroom with him shooting (which they always do) and I don't want to fucking see it. Nobody should fucking see it.
    I love winning with women
    I wish they'd stop talking about it so much. I won't even watch it.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I haven't watched the news since it happened. I don't need to hear any more of it. It makes me sick.

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

I haven't watched the news since it happened. I don't need to hear any more of it. It makes me sick.

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies

imageimage
    Theres a special place in hell form those who kill children. I'll never understand how someone could do such a thing. I couldn't imagine how the families are feeling.
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    They need to stop naming the killers in situations like this. Kinda makes them famous in a sense. Everyone knows the name Lanza now. The scumbag will be forever remembered.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2012
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep

RIDGEFIELD, Conn. (AP) — Ridgefield police say schools in that Connecticut town have been locked down after an unspecified ‘‘suspicious incident.’’

A police dispatcher said Monday morning that police are looking for a suspect. She said there were no immediate details.

School officials are on heightened alert three days after a gunman fatally shot 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, about 18 miles from Ridgefield

The Connecticut Post reports that Ridgefield Superintendent Deborah Low released a statement at 9 a.m. warning of a possibly suspicious person in the Branchville train station area. She says Branchville Elementary school buses have been diverted to another school.

State police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance says the suspect may be armed.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have so much sympathy and empathy for the parents who lost their babies last Friday. That school had the exact same security policies as my kids school. It could have easily just been my kids instead, and that is a very sombering thought. So sad, and I'm still in shock over it today.

It really pissed me off on friday when I logged into facebook and saw lots of posts basically saying "Guns didnt kill those kids, that crazy guy did". Pissed me off because of how disrespectful that is. There were 20 parents without their innocent kindergartners, who were more important to them than their own life- And the first thing you need to post on your facebook isnt sympathy/grief for this tragic loss of life? But you feel 2 hours after this happens you need to get on your soap box and scream to the world that "guns don't kill"? Get the fuck out of here with that you inconsiderate prick. I honestly wanted to unfriend everyone who made that post, and that is coming from someone who is a gun owner.

So sad.
    my wife had to drop our 1st grader off at school this morning, because of running late. huge police presence at the school....hope it stays. i'll feel safer sending him to school if the police stay there
    edited December 2012
    I wonder why there is such a higher percentage of kids with autism, ADD, Tourettes, and other metal disorders? I just don't get it. When I was in school I dont remember anyone with any of these disorders, now I can't even count the number of families I know who have a kid with autism or ADD. Why? What has happened over the last 20 years that has caused this?

On gun control - I find it interesting that countries that have banned guns (England/Australia), so no real decrease in handgun related crimes even a decade after the ban. Their level of crime has actually remained on par with handgun crime averages in the USA. The policy has been ineffective at reducing crime. I'm not saying there is no policy that might be effective, but it wasnt the ones used in UK and Australia. On a side note, it is interesting that Portugal which decriminalized all drugs (even cocaine and heroin and meth), has seen their drug addiction rates plummet over the last decade. And along with the dramatic reduction in drug abuse, they have also seen violent crimes with handguns decrease as well. Im not sure if that is really all that related, but kinda interesting to note.

I can't help but wonder if guns were banned, would this tragedy have happened? If I am being honest I think no. People might claim "he could have just bought an illegal gun on the street!". And I am not going to claim in a post ban world that one could not buy illegal guns on the street. However, I dont think that kid could have. I mean look at him. If he tried to buy a gun off the street, the thugs would be like "sure it will be 500 dollars" and then when he whips out his wallet they would take it from him and bust him in the face. The people that can get illegal guns on the street, arent the type that would shoot up a elementary school like this, they are the type that would shoot up the high school at 3:30 because some other HS kid has a blue backpack and was flashing gang signs.

I don't have the answers. But I know what I want- I want to live in a society where tragedy's like this don't exist. Is that a world with guns or without them or with some interesting forms of gun control? I don't know. But I feel what we currently have, and what UK/Australia did are three examples of what isnt working.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It goes both ways wake. People were posting guns don't kill while others were yelling ban guns. If you're going to call out one side call the other out with it. Its all bullshit political nonsense where people seem to get lost in the fact lives were lost and families were destroyed.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    higher percentage of children with mental disorders have to do with a wider range of the spectrum they use to diagnose. pretty much everyone is on that spectrum, but its being used to diagnose children when there are no other answers. my psychiatrist explained it to me. when i was a child i was considered "normal". but the testing now would show that i am autistic, and have aspbergers (sp?). as an adult, its easier to cope. as a child, they need the additional help to deal

As far as guns, if this asshole didn't have a gun, he would have found some other means to cause physical harm to people.
    mrAPE said:

It goes both ways wake. People were posting guns don't kill while others were yelling ban guns. If you're going to call out one side call the other out with it. Its all bullshit political nonsense where people seem to get lost in the fact lives were lost and families were destroyed.

For some odd reasons I didnt have the "ban guns" people on my fb timeline. But yeah I would have been equally disgusted with those people as well. I just feel like the time for politics isnt on the day of an extreme tragedy. I just feel out of respect for the families that people should have stfu about politics and expressed their sympathy instead. A couple days later after society has had a second to catch their breath from the shock- then bring up your political talks. That's all I was saying.
    yeah I don't think the two should be compared.

However, I would agree that if this kid didnt have access to a gun, he probably would have built a bomb like that. I don't think he could have bought an illegal gun off the street, but he probably could have put together a nice bomb