Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited December 2012
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    rexum420 said:

yeah large shipments of guns sure...but iv seen some pretty creative things with cars....so you could get them over a few at a time...and if you have a bunch of people doing it you could have a good trade going on

Lotsa risk for a decrease in demand. When guns aren't a couple hundred bucks, fewer people want em. There's no way to sell guns in a banned economy without them costing a lot more.
    Tiger said:

guns dont kill people, people kill people...

Totally. I am one of those who thinks that mental care and research is totally a way to go with this, but gun accessibility has been enabling to mass murder, which I think needs to end.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    people take lots of risk for money all the time
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    And Texas continues to embarrass itself.
    Here's how the decision went down:

"Ya know sum people is callin' fer better mental healthcare"

"Mental health, what in tarnation is that?!?!?!"

"What we done need is more guns!!!"

"Yeeeeee-hawwwww!"
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    In order for teachers and staff to carry a pistol, they must have a Texas license to carry a concealed handgun; must be authorized to carry by the district; must receive training in crisis management and hostile situations and must use ammunition that is designed to minimize the risk of ricochet in school halls.

Sounds solid to me. if someone knows the teachers are packing heat they will be WAY less likely to target that school.
    Let's be real doe, the odds of being involved in a school shooting are so incredibly low it's not even funny. Just seems like people are getting paranoid to me.
    yeah but is a childs life really worth the risk of "hey it probably won't happen to my kid"
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    people target places they know will have little to no resistance, they won't target somewhere that can fight back right out the gate.
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    "It's not likely, so let's not take measures that require NO effort on the part of the school to protect children."

Seriously?
    rexum420 said:

yeah but is a childs life really worth the risk of "hey it probably won't happen to my kid"

If that makes you feel safer, go ahead. For the record I want to make it clear that I'm not saying schools are going to be more dangerous because of this, I just think it's a moot point basically.

As for me Rex, yes, that's how I'd approach the situation. Saying it "probably" won't happen is an extreme understatement IMO. There are plenty of ways out there that you can die in a given day, being involved in a school shooting doesn't ever cross my mind. I have more realistic things to worry about.
    Magson13 said:

"It's not likely, so let's not take measures that require NO effort on the part of the school to protect children."

Seriously?

I believe we're only talking about arming teachers here, so no, that's not what I'm saying at all.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies

Let's be real doe, the odds of being involved in a school shooting are so incredibly low it's not even funny. Just seems like people are getting paranoid to me.

Tell that to the schools where shootings have happened. While the chances of it happening are low a school shooting can happen anywhere at any time. Better to be prepared and able to take control of the situation if it does happen than to be unprepared and countless students and faculty die

imageimage
    yeah...my kids probably not going to get molested by a sex offender to....but if it does happen it wrecks the persons life...im not saying give teachers guns...but ever school should have a security staff that does have them

Tell that to the schools where shootings have happened. While the chances of it happening are low a school shooting can happen anywhere at any time. Better to be prepared and able to take control of the situation if it does happen than to be unprepared and countless students and faculty die

Just because I think airplanes are safe modes of transportation doesn't mean that I should tell that to everyone that's lost a loved one in a plane accident. That 1st sentence is loaded.

Yes, by all means be prepared, that's not what I'm ragging on here. What I'm saying is that arming teachers is just a bit much for me. I honestly wouldn't feel any more or less safe in a classroom that had an armed teacher. It's just excessive.
    rexum420 said:

yeah...my kids probably not going to get molested by a sex offender to....but if it does happen it wrecks the persons life...im not saying give teachers guns...but ever school should have a security staff that does have them

Ok, I can agree with this.
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    If you don't feel less safe, then why are you against it? It won't cost taxpayers any money, because the teachers will have to pay for the training. So what is the reason why it should not exist?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Niggas not safe anywhere. You can get clapped up walking right outside your crib.