Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I skipped that tour....too expensive when I have to buy Ozzy tickets soon. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    yeah iv been wanting to see BLS and Clutch for a long time so i had to go....plus my dad bought the ozzy ticket for me as a Christmas present
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    So, I just got off the phone with my dad. He went to Roger Waters The Wall last night. He said it was better than when he saw Pink Floyd do it in 1980.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    I find that hard to believe.
    Well, he was sober for both, so I believe him.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Krass Judgement's Halloween Bash 10/31

So I got to the show about 10 minutes before doors only to find out the doors had been changed to 6:15 so I had roughly an hour to wait. Just chilled there until the doors opened. The place was absolutely empty. Walked up to the rail, stood there for awhile, my friend in ethereal genocide came up and talked for awhile. Then the band Engulfed in Flames came up.

Engulfed in Flames-Meh. They were alright. Better than most local bands. I'd watch them again. 7/10

Ethereal Genocide-this was my friend's band. The photographer, who I am also friends with, came up and asked me to roadie for them. Did that and then went back to my spot on the rail. Talked to the guitarist who said they lost their vocalist cuz the douche wanted to go out drinking with his friends instead which was incredibly stupid IMO. You don't just blow off a gig to go get drunk. Anyway the guy asked if I did vocals and I said yeah so he invited me on stage to do them. I was shaking because Its my dream to get on stage and perform. Once I got on stage though my fear went away an everything went well. Well....as well as it could have gone. So the center mic failed and I had to switch to the mic on stage left.

Question-are you supposed to be able to hear yourself on stage or what cuz I felt like I was loud enough but I couldn't here myself

Anyway. The band was great and everything wet pretty well. 9/10

Shotgun surgery-really good local death metal. I thought they played realy well and they kept tossing out candy which was really cool hahaha 8/10
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    only video i could find from the show but its good quality \m/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHu8wam-4-Q
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i know he doesn't bring it out every time they play in this river
    Why would they play a piano song without a piano?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Pepper review coming on Friday. I just won tix. lol
    I love winning with women
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Krass Judgement's Halloween Bash 10/31

So I got to the show about 10 minutes before doors only to find out the doors had been changed to 6:15 so I had roughly an hour to wait. Just chilled there until the doors opened. The place was absolutely empty. Walked up to the rail, stood there for awhile, my friend in ethereal genocide came up and talked for awhile. Then the band Engulfed in Flames came up.

Engulfed in Flames-Meh. They were alright. Better than most local bands. I'd watch them again. 7/10

Ethereal Genocide-this was my friend's band. The photographer, who I am also friends with, came up and asked me to roadie for them. Did that and then went back to my spot on the rail. Talked to the guitarist who said they lost their vocalist cuz the douche wanted to go out drinking with his friends instead which was incredibly stupid IMO. You don't just blow off a gig to go get drunk. Anyway the guy asked if I did vocals and I said yeah so he invited me on stage to do them. I was shaking because Its my dream to get on stage and perform. Once I got on stage though my fear went away an everything went well. Well....as well as it could have gone. So the center mic failed and I had to switch to the mic on stage left.

Question-are you supposed to be able to hear yourself on stage or what cuz I felt like I was loud enough but I couldn't here myself

Anyway. The band was great and everything wet pretty well. 9/10

Shotgun surgery-really good local death metal. I thought they played realy well and they kept tossing out candy which was really cool hahaha 8/10
    alot of singers i've seen have little ear pieces in, i guess thats how they hear their vocals. that and i think they have to do alot of testing to get the vocals just right in the monitors the singer can hear too

That doesn't take away from the blasphemy of the statement.
    That doesn't take away from the blasphemy of the statement.
    Trust me, I was pretty shocked when he said that.
    Suffocation/The Faceless/Decrepit Birth 11/12 Jaxx Springfield VA

So I got to Jaxx around 5 and the doors were already open because there were 10 locals that day so the doors were open since 2. Walked over to the left side and got in about the second row behind 3 guys who I think were friends. One of my friends from school showed up and stood next to me, squeezing his way between me and some random guy. When the guys in front of us left I took a spot on the rail right next to some random guy and my friend walks up and instead of going to my left next to the PA system he squeezes his way between me and the random guy. Now this just pissed me off because I got to the venue before him and I got the spot before him. It was ok though because I wasn't in such a bad spot.

Fleshgod Apocalypse-I thought they were really good. The guitars seemed too low in the mix so all I really heard were the solos, drums, and vocals. Idk if they're really like Behemoth like Alex said but they were good. I'll check them out more. Now by this time more people squeezed in on the rail so I was pushed right into the PA system and my friend kept leaning over the rail, blocking my view of everything. Also, their "costumes" were cool. I liked the whole classical thing they had going on7/10

Decrepit Birth-They were great. I'm really glad I got to see these guys. The guitars seemed louder this time which was good. I also noticed every band was using Suffocation's cabs which meant 2 cabs for the stage right guitar, 2 for stage left, and 2 for the bassist. Again my friend proceeded to lean over onto the stage and block my view. 9/10

Through the Eyes of the Dead-They were pretty good and everything was on spot but I could not get into them. I'm just not a fan. The singer had a cast on his right arm. Idk if that happened on tour or if it was beforehand. My friend didn't like these guys so of course he let me have a great view of them <_> 5/10

The Faceless-Awesome live. Not a "MUST SEE JIZZ JIZZ" band but they're great live. I went totally apeshit when they played Pestilence. A couple people left the rail so my friend slid down and so did I which put me in a better spot than I was in before. Everything sounded great for these guys. Great set and I had a lot of fun. By the end of their set, my friend and I had moved down a lot more so I was in position to be right in front of the Suffocation guitarist, Terrence. 9/10

Suffocation-The guitarist walked out on stage and brofisted all of us and said they'll hopefully be set up in about 15 minutes. They got set up and go going. I held my spot the whole show without much trouble. I loved how clear everything was. Jaxx definitely did well with the PA this time. The guitars were so clear and I remember specifically listening to just the bass at one point and I could hear every note the guy was playing, all the rattles of the strings. I couldn't help but smile because I haven't heard bass that clear ever. Terrence dropped a pick and when he came back I waved at him and yelled pick, he didn't really notice but my friend's friend said "Terrence!" and pointed at the pick and of course Terrence handed it to him. I was extremely pissed then because I had been screwed over the whole night by my friend and now his friend. I chilled out though because I was seeing Suffocation. I just calmed down and had fun. After the song, I think their second or third one, I asked Terrence for a pick and he smiled and sorta motioned "I gotchu" lol. I just laughed and gave him the horns. He didn't pass any picks out the whole show because I guess he likes to break them in (he kept bending the pick). The show continued and all the songs were clear, brutal, and just freaking awesome. After the show, Terrence took the pick and gave it to my friend but I wasn't too pissed then because he had another one in his headstock. It kinda sucked though cuz he had told me he would give me a pick but whatever. He reached his hand out with the other pick, I stuck my hand out and made contact with his and he dropped the pick in my hand. Then the drummer stands up, signs a bunch of drum sticks, walks to the side of the stage, talks to a few people, hands them 2 sticks and is now left with one. He walks to the crowd, twirls the stick in his hand and sticks it in the crowd, I reach out and grab onto it. I was the first to touch the stick and then another kid grabs it.... I look at him and just say "come on" sort of like, 'really? I have the stick' and he just lets go. could not believe what just happened. Stood on the rail and as the drummer walked by, I shook his hand and told him they're fucking awesome. He said thanks and I proceeded to walk away from the rail with Terrence Hobbs' pick and Mike Smith's drum stick. Ironic thing is, my friend is Mike Smith and is also black. Maybe not ironic but that's all I could think of right then.
    Suffocation-11/10

pics to come soon
    You should've told your friend to fuck off.

It's kindof like how I got my two friends into Exodus, and when we went to their headlining show back in August, one friend got a setlist (from Tom Hunting) and the other got a drumstick. And the kid who got the setlist just gave it to some random dude because he didn't want it. I was fucking pissed.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I wish I could have. I mean I consider him a friend but I've only known him since about August and we never hang out. It's just during concerts and marching band. It sucks though cuz I was thinking wtf are you doing? No concert etiquette at all.

Seriously? Wow that freaking sucks. I would have punched him in the mouth. I always put my boys before random dudes.
    edited November 2010
    I like the attach file but I may just upload to photobucket to resize stuff
    edited November 2010
    *TEST*
    imageimage

Now that's better. I'll just resize them on the comp.
    Seriously? Wow that freaking sucks. I would have punched him in the mouth. I always put my boys before random dudes.
    In his defense, he asked if I wanted it, but before I had time to respond some random dude walked up and said he'll take it so the kid handed it to him.