Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    probably one of the roughest pits i've been in
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Wine: what Triptykon songs did they play?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    It looked pretty crazy
    when was that? and where?
    It looked pretty crazy
    when was that? and where?
    july 2007 at the Recher in Towson. An old movie theater turned into a concert venue
    edited October 2010
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2010
    Procreation of the Wicked
    Goetia
    Abyss Within My Soul
    The Usurper
    Circle of Tyrants
    Synagoga Satanae
    The Prolonging
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Well hell, since a couple other people have posted theirs, here is a vid of me stagediving:

I come in at 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvLQEiyG_-w
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Goetia
    Abyss Within My Soul
    The Usurper
    Circle of Tyrants
    Synagoga Satanae
    The Prolonging
    I see what you did there
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    anyone wanna see me nearly get killed by a stage diver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3k3CYrlMs

2 min in
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Goetia
    Abyss Within My Soul
    The Usurper
    Circle of Tyrants
    Synagoga Satanae
    The Prolonging
    I see what you did there
    I didn't do it intentionally...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

The Prolonging
    Fucking A, that had to be the most mind-numbingly boring shit EVER live.
    I spy myself. <_>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyO9oh6fogA
    I may not like BMTH but that does look like a fun time. I laughed at the girls screaming in the beginning.
    Indeed. Extremely fun time. The girl's screams were worse when Oli mooned the crowd lolz...

The obnoxious crowd pissed me off, but didn't damper the experience too much.
    edited October 2010
    Immolation/Vader/Abigail Williams/Lecherous Nocturne/Pathology - October 28th, 2010 - Chicago, Illinois - Reggie's Rock Club

Well, let me just say, the turn out was extremely disappointing. 100 people tops. I shit you not. Didn't ruin it or anything, but eh, I don't know. There was something kinda upsetting about seeing it so empty for 2 Death Metal legends on one tour. However, it benefited me, because I bought my shirt (Immolation Close To A World Below album art, fucking sick.) and headed straight for the rail, where I stayed for all 5 bands.

Pathology: Only caught their last 2 songs, but they have all the qualities of a Brutal Death Metal band that I absolutely hate. 2/10

Lecherous Nocturne: Second time seeing these guys, and I gotta say, I was disappointed. When I saw them back in April with Cannibal Corpse, 1349, and SkeletonWitch, they were very entertaining and demanded extremely violent pits and got everyone all pumped up, even though I had never previously heard them. This time around they were just really "Eh". Seemed like they were just playing to finish up their set and get the fuck off of the stage. Got a pick off the stage after they got off stage. Guitarist must've dropped it. *Shrugs* 5/10

Abigail Williams: Another band I had never heard before except for one song, but the minute they walked out, I giggled to myself a bit. Had on the full Black Metal attire (Spikes, leather, chains, etc.) and their Guitarist even had on leg guards with like 9-10 inch long nails. -_- No corpse paint luckily. But I don't know, it seems so fucking stupid for a new Black Metal band like them to do all that Black Metal dress-up bullshit. Even though it's corny for the classic bands like Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Etc...to do it, at least they've been doing it for years and started it. I don't know, the Black Metal attire and corpse paint is corny in all cases (Yes, even Behemoth.) but it's even more retarded for a Black Metal band that's only been around for a a few years to do it.

Anyways, they played like 3-4 songs tops (All of them extremely long.) and every song just DRAGGGGEEDDDD the fuck on, and I literally found myself yawning. In the middle of their set, their Guitarist's Guitar failed, and so he was off the stage for an entire song and a half, so they sounded kinda hollow without the second Guitarist. Nothing special at all though. Their Drummer was cool though, and his resemblance to Matt Heafy from Trivium was scary. O_o 5/10

VADER: FUCK. YES. Fucking heavy as shit. Finally got to see them, as the last time I "saw" them at Milwaukee for Killfest, their set got cut short to like 10 minutes. To start off, they had THEE most epic intro I've ever seen live. The fucking Star Wars Imperial March! Lol fuck yea! This was the only band that had any pit action really (The pits for Immolation were just sad. >_>) I didn't get in them, because I prefer to stay on the rail, but they looked like fun. I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the lack of Litany, Xeper, The One Made Of Dreams, Helleluyah!!! (God Is Dead), and Anger, but ah well, what can you do. Highlights of their set were Wings, Carnal (Piotr's scream of "GET IN THE FUCKING PIT!" was epic as hell.), and Devilizer. I love how Piotr's Vocals are the same live as they are in the studio, fucking sick. He remains as one of my favorite Vocalists, period. I went absolutely apeshit during Wings, that intro is just too sick live. 9/10 (Would be a 10 if not for the lack of the aforementioned songs.)

Immolation: Before Immolation hit the stage, I thought there was no way they could top Vader, I thought Vader had stolen the show already, but I'm gonna have to say they were both equally amazing. I also wanna say, this is a band I used to LOATHE, but I've loved them since last year or so. Sadly, I don't know much of their material past the Close To A World Below, Majesty And Decay, And Shadows In The Light albums, but nonetheless, every fucking song was crushing, even the ones I didn't know, I definitely have to download the rest of their discography. And Close To A World Below is truly a masterpiece of an album. I've gained so much more respect for this band after seeing them live, they somehow managed to be even fucking heavier live then they are on album. So I was in front of Robert Vigna the entire set, and he seemed to enjoy how much I was getting into it, as he kept smiling at me, pointing at me, pointing his horns at me, and bringing the Guitar right to my face and playing the solos in front of me, and during Father, You're Not A Father, me and him screamed the chorus at eachother, it was fucking sick, naturally, this led to him handing me his pick at the end of their set. Nice to finally get another one, because I haven't gotten one since Pestilence back in June (Got it from Warbringer's Guitarist, the blonde one, Adam Carroll I think?). Lemme add, watching their Drummer, Steve Shalaty, was fucking mindblowing, Dude is a MACHINE. Like, anyone who's ever listened to Immolation knows how they have that extremely off-pattern and abnormal Drumming, not traditional Death Metal Drumming by any means. It was a mindfuck seeing him pull off some of these songs live, some of the songs I was just like "How the FUCK did he do that?". Definitely inspired me to start trying to learn some of their songs on Drums. Dude is fucking phenomenal, probably the 3rd best Drummer I've seen live, behind Frost and Inferno. Ross's Vocals are just INSANE live, sound just like they do on album, but heavier, I was amazed. I couldn't be more happy with their setlist either, as I got to see literally EVERY song from them that I really wanted to see. The Purge, Majesty And Decay, Father, You're Not A Father, Hate's Plague, World Agony, and Close To A World Below. Let me also say, Father, You're Not A Father is THEE heaviest fucking song ever live. That riff is just absolutely relentless. And screaming the chorus to World Agony was just fucking badass in a live environment. Anyways, this is possibly the best Death Metal show I've ever been to. Better then Cannibal Corpse for sure, POSSIBLY better then Pestilence back in June, not sure though. That had fucking Vital Remains too. Lolz. Either way, these guys are legends for a fucking reason. 10/10
    Does Abifail still rock with the chick keyboard player?
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    Tehy don't have her anymore. >.<
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    You know who else doesn't have her?
    image Photobucket
    Tehy don't have her anymore. >.<</p>
    I find it funny that they are really trying hard to kiss up to the black metal community
    cause if you watch this video, outside of the sound, you would never guess they were one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOvAMKE_ee8

and this is them now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr1cprt6w8U
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited October 2010

The Prolonging
    Fucking A, that had to be the most mind-numbingly boring shit EVER live.
    you didnt even see em.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies